Clear All

• Originally posted by Hampshire Girl View Post
    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Short workout !

Comment

• LOL I think that was a toddler post.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• damn, after reading some of these latest post I feel like a candyass posting my workout from Saturday... lol

squat 3x5 @ 225

bench 3x5 @ 175

Comment

• I'm currently transitioning from a muscle-group led workout into a more primally aligned full body work out. Today is bi's, tri's, ab's and chest day:

hammer curls - 5 sets 15/12/10/8/6
          barbell curl - 4 set 15/12/10/8

closed grip bench press - 5 sets 15/12/10/8/6
          skull crusher - 4 sets 15/12/10/8

incline dumb bell press - 5 sets 15/12/10/8/6
          dumb bell flys - 4 sets 15/12/10/8

decline sit up - 3 sets 15/12/10
          crunches with exercise ball - 3 sets 85/88/90

Comment

• Had a bit of a mess around day on Sunday that I forgot to post.

Bench:

70 kg (154 lb) x 5
            80 kg (176 lb) x 5
            90 kg (198 lb) x 3
            100 kg (220 lb) x 2
            110 kg (242 lb) x 0
            60 kg (132 lb) x 12 x 2

Given my old PR is 115 kg (253 lb) it shows my upper body isn't catching up quite as fast as my lower. Not a big deal, I've just got to make sure I keep my progression slow and steady and work higher volume on my final sets, maybe add in some consistent drop sets at the end of my 5x5 across programming and program some variation lifts (rest stop bench and floor presses, perhaps even speedy positives). My shoulder definitely felt better, my strength just wasn't there.

Power Clean:

60 kg (132 lb) x 3
            70 kg (154 lb) x 3
            80 kg (176 lb) x 3 (PR)

Not much of a PR, but hey, progress is progress. When I'm cleaning my bodyweight, I'll feel like I'm really sinking my teeth into these.

Also did a bunch of chin ups between sets. No real rep or set scheme, just greasing the groove.

Comment

• 8/25:

Squat: 315 x 8
              Press: 150 x 5 x 5
              Deadlift: 460 x 2 (f)
              Rack pull: 480 x 5

Had an injury that I thought might hold me back, but it didn't. My new 3" wide belt showed up today from Dean and Jackie Best (Best Belts - Powerlifting and Weight Lifting Belts > Home), and I think I'm going to not only like it better for deadlifts, but for squats as well. Due to my short torso, which is due to my short stature.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Damn that's a crazy rack pull. Beastly stuff.

Comment

• Squat: 205x15. Will repeat at tighter form.
                  Standing press: 115x17
                  Pulldowns also, but they are hard to quantify.
                  Finished with standing ab wheel rollouts and grip work.

Adding weight to everything next time.
                  Things worth eating are rarely sold in stores.
                  [ Paleo // Weston A. Price // Intermittent Fasting ]
                  *** School of Medicine class of 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    8/25:

Squat: 315 x 8
                    Press: 150 x 5 x 5
                    Deadlift: 460 x 2 (f)
                    Rack pull: 480 x 5

Had an injury that I thought might hold me back, but it didn't. My new 3" wide belt showed up today from Dean and Jackie Best (Best Belts - Powerlifting and Weight Lifting Belts > Home), and I think I'm going to not only like it better for deadlifts, but for squats as well. Due to my short torso, which is due to my short stature.
                    Yeah...I've been thinking that when I get a few pennies to rub together I need to get a slimmer belt. I'm short as well and then proportionally have longer legs and a short torso. I've gotten used to my Izner 4" and really love the lever but I think I'd like to check out one of these Best Belts you've been raving about. After I replenish the account from all these daggone school supplies, I'll treat myself to a belt. You know...Abraham Lincoln learned enough with the supplies in a one-room schoolhouse to become president! What happened to those days?!? ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jothra View Post
                      Squat: 205x15. Will repeat at tighter form.

Wow, 15 straight? I absolutely HATE doing more than 8 squats straight - no matter the weight. At about 5/6 I start to lose count and can never remember where I'm at. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                        Damn that's a crazy rack pull. Beastly stuff.
                        Thanks. The weak point of my deadlift is right around the starting point of these (I usually fail a few inches above them, rather than on the floor like a normal person), so I'm hoping these will help me strengthen that part of the pull so I can deadlift 500 off the ground with the stiffer bar.

I do use straps on them, because I'm a cheater (actually because it's the right thing to do on rack pulls). Going to have to use less bumper plates and more iron next time. These literally didn't leave enough space on the bar for the big collars, so I used the silly little ones from my goofy/cheap dumbbell set.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Jothra View Post
                          Squat: 205x15. Will repeat at tighter form.

Dammm, that's some volume. What kind of program are you running? 115 x 17 on press is impressive! (Squats are nothing to sneeze at either)

Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                          Yeah...I've been thinking that when I get a few pennies to rub together I need to get a slimmer belt. I'm short as well and then proportionally have longer legs and a short torso. I've gotten used to my Izner 4" and really love the lever but I think I'd like to check out one of these Best Belts you've been raving about. After I replenish the account from all these daggone school supplies, I'll treat myself to a belt. You know...Abraham Lincoln learned enough with the supplies in a one-room schoolhouse to become president! What happened to those days?!? ;-)
                          They now offer both a 3" and a 2.5", both at Mark Rippetoe's urging. They make the belt custom when you order it to your size, # of prongs (1 or 2), color, and width specs, and the quality is fabulous. I had that thing soft and broken in by the time I put it on for my work sets of squats just from bending and working it in my hands between warmup sets, which I know isn't the case with the Inzer (although people do rave about those too). There's a lifetime guarantee that they actually honor, they'll put extra holes if you request them at no charge (I've even heard of somebody requesting contrast stitching), and Dean and Jackie Best are just plain old-fashioned good people. I was getting pinched in my 4" belt on squats and could never get into good pulling position with it. The 3" is perfect for me. If I'm honest, I like the color of my 4" belt (rust) better than my new 3 (sand), but that's not really the point of the belt. It will still look awesome with my forest green singlet when I compete.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            Dammm, that's some volume. What kind of program are you running? 115 x 17 on press is impressive! (Squats are nothing to sneeze at either)
                            It's my own. I hit a rep goal, then add weight. Goal for everything is 15+.

Today was a light cardio warmup.

5 rounds:
                            -pushups
                            -inverted rows
                            -jump squats

All done explosively, minimal rest. Just enough to wake the body and cardiovascular system up.

I may do some additional bodyweight training stuff later.
                            Things worth eating are rarely sold in stores.
                            [ Paleo // Weston A. Price // Intermittent Fasting ]
                            *** School of Medicine class of 2017

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 3, week 4 (Deload), Workout A

Nice deload week. Just did the minimum.

Exercise Sets Reps Weight

"5/3/1 programmed exercises(5/3/1 this week):"

Squats 5x95 5x115 5x140
                              Hammer Strength pull-downs 5x90 5x110 5x135
                              Overhead press 5x50 5x60 5x75

Assistance exercises

Arnold press 3x15x15
                              Hamstring curls 2x10x110
                              Leg extension machine 2x10x140
                              Calf raises machine 2x15x200
                              Wide arm pull-ups

Comment

• Garage gym today

Squats 3x5 @ 225 better form than this weekend. Repeated the weight to make sure it wasnt a fluke.

Overhead press 3x5 @ 115

Deadlift 280x5. May need to get straps soon.. Bar is sliding down in to my fingers

Comment

Working...
                                X