• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    8/11/14:
    Squats: 380 x 3, 380 x 2
    Press: 145 x 5 x 5
    Deadlift: 450 x 2
    Rack pulls below knee: 450 x 5
    Dips: +50 x 14, +25 x 9, +0 x 7 (30-45 seconds rest between sets)

Legs: smoked. Arms: crushed. Back: destroyed. Time for all you can eat tacos. ¡Olé!
    Beastly effort, dude. Motivates the hell out of me to catch up again.

Also, gigantic burrito bowl with a metric shit ton of jalapeños is my favored post mental workout meal.

Great minds.

Comment

• You'll be leaving me in your dust in no time, Revs. After the October meet, I'm leaving the 148's behind though, then you better really watch out!
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

8/11/14:
        Squats: 380 x 3, 380 x 2
        Press: 145 x 5 x 5
        Deadlift: 450 x 2
        Rack pulls below knee: 450 x 5
        Dips: +50 x 14, +25 x 9, +0 x 7 (30-45 seconds rest between sets)

Legs: smoked. Arms: crushed. Back: destroyed. Time for all you can eat tacos. ¡Olé!
        Were your dl's all the way to the ground? Lol
        Is all you can eat tacos a euphemism for something?

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
          Were your dl's all the way to the ground? Lol
          Is all you can eat tacos a euphemism for something?
          Only for fish tacos.

No cheese.

...I hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
            It's good to have you back, Rev. You're definitely in my top 3 Australians .
            Thanks man 😃 You're similarly ranked among my favorite texans (and that list includes Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels).

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
              Thanks man �� You're similarly ranked among my favorite texans (and that list includes Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels).
              I grew up watching those guys, haha. Stone Cold chugging beers in the ring was a great influence on me as a 7 year old .
              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 3, week 2 (3/3/3)

I'm liking squats much more than I thought I would. I'm still a big fail on the press. My spreadsheet may have been a bit off. My shoulders really have a long way to go.

5/3/1 program exercises bold faced -- others are assistance exercises

Exercise Sets Reps Weight

• Squats 3x165 3x185 4x210
                • Hammer Strength pull-downs 3x155 3x180 6x200

• Squats 3x10x135
                • Overhead press 3x95 3x105 1x120
                • Hammer Strength pull-downs 3x15x130
                • Arnold press 3x15x20
                • Hamstring curls 2x10x140
                • Leg extension machine 2x10x160
                • Calf raises machine 2x15x250

Comment

Thanks man �� You're similarly ranked among my favorite texans (and that list includes Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels).
                  I would have said Stevie Ray Vaughan
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I would have said Stevie Ray Vaughan

You're still a highly ranked Texan, Jefferson.

Comment

• Jump rope intervals: 4 x 60:60, 4 x 30:30, 8 x 20:10

- Hitting more double-unders during 60:60
                      - Working harder (based on perceived exertion/perceived jumping rate) on tabata

HR at completion of exercise: 167 bpm
                      HR at exercise +2 minutes: 105 bpm
                      HR at exercised + 5 minutes: 89 bpm
                      “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Haven't been posting each workout...

RichM....165x3 didn't happen. I'm actually still struggling to hit that 4th rep with 155. Getting closer though.

Hit 235x6 squats on 3's week and 315x5 for deadlifts. Been skipping rope, jogging and a few sprints for giggles as well. This past week. On to 531 week. I do get a go at 165 this week so we will see what's up. Doing hammer press and hammer rows for 210 and 220 x 6 respectively as well. So that's a full week of my workout updates.
                        Last edited by Neckhammer; 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                          Haven't been posting each workout...

RichM....165x3 didn't happen. I'm actually still struggling to hit that 4th rep with 155. Getting closer though.

Hit 235x6 squats on 3's week and 315x5 for deadlifts. Been skipping rope, jogging and a few sprints for giggles as well. This past week. On to 531 week. I do get a go at 165 this week so we will see what's up. Doing hammer press and hammer rows for 210 and 220 x 6 respectively as well. So that's a full week of my workout updates.
                          Didn't happen for me either. I only got 2. Hope you beat me, because it will fire me up!
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Only for fish tacos.

No cheese.

...I hope.
                            I just read this and THAT IS DISGUSTING!! Must vomit now!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                              I just read this and THAT IS DISGUSTING!! Must vomit now!
                              Sorry >_<

#HabitualLineStepper

Workout today was brutal

Squats

140 kg (308 lb) x 5 x 5

Had a lower back spasm after these, even using my belt. Was not fun. My hips and posterior chain are regaining strength WAY faster than my spinal erectors, and my freaking trick pinchy nerve played up as a result. I'll back off for a light squat day this friday and really focus the hell on some lower back extensions. Maybe look at finding a good chiropractor too. If you ever move to Sydney, Necky, you have guaranteed business.

Anyway, after wincing and feeling sorry for myself, I eventually stopped crying about the sand in my vagina, got some anti inflammatory gel, rubbed it into my back with my knuckles, used a back roller and did some light cardio and stretches to keep everything moving. Then on with the workout.

Bench:

70 kg (154 lb) x 5 x 5

Power Cleans:

65 kg (143 lb) x 3 x 3

Didn't do the last sets of these because my back was still a bit ginger, and my form still needs work (particularly cuing up the timing for the jump and the shrug… getting the elbows up has come along surprisingly well). I'll back off a little next monday and just work on getting my motion airtight, and of course making sure my back doesn't gimp out on me.

Cardio:

4 Mins Tabata
                              4 Mins Wingates

Used a funky hill climber thing. I could actually get to a decent speed with minimal impact. Not the same as a real hill sprint session, but not bad either.

Comment

Sorry >_<

#HabitualLineStepper

Workout today was brutal

Squats

140 kg (308 lb) x 5 x 5

Had a lower back spasm after these, even using my belt. Was not fun. My hips and posterior chain are regaining strength WAY faster than my spinal erectors, and my freaking trick pinchy nerve played up as a result. I'll back off for a light squat day this friday and really focus the hell on some lower back extensions. Maybe look at finding a good chiropractor too. If you ever move to Sydney, Necky, you have guaranteed business.

Anyway, after wincing and feeling sorry for myself, I eventually stopped crying about the sand in my vagina, got some anti inflammatory gel, rubbed it into my back with my knuckles, used a back roller and did some light cardio and stretches to keep everything moving. Then on with the workout.
                                You're not sorry. 👊 I roll my glutes (well, actually just about my entire posterior chain) with this thingy and or/ lacrosse ball. It's on the floor I'm on top. (Nope! Don't go there!) Anyway, not sure if they deliver internationally but it could help. That is, if your problem is muscular...

http://cdn.roguefitness.com/media/ca...upernova-3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X