Overhead press 3x5 @110

deadlift 270x5

Comment

• 04/08/14
      100 Swings @ 24kg
      (10L 10R 10T 10T 10T 10T
      10T 10T 10T 10T)
      5 gu L, 5 gu R - @ 24kg

Wasn't feeling full power in my 1 handed swings (L/R) tonight, so dropped back to two handed (T).
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• 3.8 mile walk this morning, while listening to a few podcasts.
        “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Saddle Mt run, slight improvement on time to the top, excellent run back down. 5.5 miles, 840 feet climbed.
          M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
          - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Squat: 375 x 1 x 5
            Press: 145 x 5, 155 x 3, 165 x 2 (Where's Neckhammer).
            Deadlift: 450 x 1, 425 x 3, 405 x 3

Not the best deadlifts, but I did compete on Saturday. Only made my opener at 462, then failed 484 twice, but I really went after it on the final attempt, and very slowly muscled it from above the knee to about an inch from lockout, so I was fatigued to say the least.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Squat: 375 x 1 x 5
              Press: 145 x 5, 155 x 3, 165 x 2 (Where's Neckhammer).
              Deadlift: 450 x 1, 425 x 3, 405 x 3

Not the best deadlifts, but I did compete on Saturday. Only made my opener at 462, then failed 484 twice, but I really went after it on the final attempt, and very slowly muscled it from above the knee to about an inch from lockout, so I was fatigued to say the least.
              Holy crap dude. At your competing weight that's effing monstrous. Kudos.

Midway through my second week back in the gym after a long layoff (shit, 3…4 plus months) involving too much work, too many drugs, too much booze and, of course, a plethora of energy drinks and greasy hangover food. There is a story behind that, but it's not a particularly good one. Anyway, the workout:

Squats:

Warm ups @ 40 kg (5) , 60 kg (3) & 90 kg (2)

120 kg (264 lb) x 5 x 5

OHP:

Warm ups @ 20 kg (10), 30 kg (5) & 42.5 kg (3)

52.5 kg (115 lb) x 5 x 5

Deadlift

Warm ups @ 60 kg (10), 100 kg (3), 140 kg (2)

170 kg (374 lb) x 3 x 1

If I wasn't recovering from a flu, I probably would have had the fiver. If I wasn't just in the post detox stage of being a fat, lazy useless shit I would have aced it, but meh, main thing is I'm back on the wagon, drinking the milk (introducing gradually means I've been able to tolerate it this time) and reading the Rippetoes. It's only a matter of time before I can actually lift something worth piss again.

Also did some accessory work with rear delt flies and lower back extensions.
              Last edited by Reventon; 08-05-2014, 05:59 AM.

Comment

• Jump rope intervals: 4 x 60:60, 4 x 30:30, 8 x 20:10

Hitting more and more double-unders on the 60:60 rounds; pushing harder and harder in the tabata.

Average resting pulse is around 45.
                “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                  Holy crap dude. At your competing weight that's effing monstrous. Kudos.

Midway through my second week back in the gym after a long layoff (shit, 3…4 plus months) involving too much work, too many drugs, too much booze and, of course, a plethora of energy drinks and greasy hangover food. There is a story behind that, but it's not a particularly good one. Anyway, the workout:

Squats:

Warm ups @ 40 kg (5) , 60 kg (3) & 90 kg (2)

120 kg (264 lb) x 5 x 5

OHP:

Warm ups @ 20 kg (10), 30 kg (5) & 42.5 kg (3)

52.5 kg (115 lb) x 5 x 5

Deadlift

Warm ups @ 60 kg (10), 100 kg (3), 140 kg (2)

170 kg (374 lb) x 3 x 1

If I wasn't recovering from a flu, I probably would have had the fiver. If I wasn't just in the post detox stage of being a fat, lazy useless shit I would have aced it, but meh, main thing is I'm back on the wagon, drinking the milk (introducing gradually means I've been able to tolerate it this time) and reading the Rippetoes. It's only a matter of time before I can actually lift something worth piss again.

Also did some accessory work with rear delt flies and lower back extensions.
                  I'd ask where the hell have you been but I guess you just told us!! 😡👊 Missed you, bro. You are not forgiven yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• 60 minutes Boxing
                    60 minutes Muay Thai

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                      I'd ask where the hell have you been but I guess you just told us!! 😡👊 Missed you, bro. You are not forgiven yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                      Fair enough. Missed you too. Even if I am due for a verbal arse kicking in the near future 😝

Comment

• Played today - monkey bars, pull-ups, inverted rows and ring mounts on the rings, land mine twisters, rebounder throws with the heavy ball
                        M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."

Comment

• Week 3 / day 1 Tactical Barbell:

Bench 205
                          Squats 285

3 x 3/90%

Comment

• Trampoline workout for me this morning. Nothing better than flippin' in the morning!
                            M2M

Comment

• Spending a couple of weeks in SoCal. Found a reasonable gym near mom's house. This afternoon, light chest & heavy back. Visited GOLD'S GYM/Venice on Tuesday; picture a molehill meandering through mountains.
                              Ht: 5'8"
                              Wt: 166
                              BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• Squat: 345 x 5 x 5
                                Bench: 220 x 5, 205 x 6
                                Hang Power Cleans: 145 x 3 x 5
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X