Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
    Congrats to you! Great progress!
    Thanks edennperez1, coming from you that means a lot. And I'm sure that 165 is destined to be a distant glimmer in your rear view mirror.
    Ht: 5'8"
    Wt: 166
    BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• 8 Tabata rounds of burpees, speed skaters, and mount climbers. then 12 hill sprints.
      "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Comment

• 5 sets of 3 minute speed intervals followed by a 1 minute fartlek in the midst of a favorite 3.3 mile trail run. Was going well until I hurt my foot in the sprint... hoping it is temporary as I have hiking plans for Sunday.

Have a great and injury free weekend, everyone!
        M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
        - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 2, week 3 (5/3/1), workout B

Still staying on track and doing more than one rep on the last set of 5/3/1.

5/3/1 program exercises bold faced -- others are assistance exercises

Exercise Sets Reps Weight
          • Hammer Strength chest press 5/3/1 120#/140#/155# (3 reps on last set)
          • Hammer Strength rows 5/3/1 145#/165#/185# (10 reps on last set)

• Hammer Strength rows 3x15x140#
          • Dumbbell incline press 5x15x45#
          • Dumbell front raises 3x15x30#
          • RDL with trap bar 2x10x135#
          • Trap bar shrugs 2x12x205#
          • Trap bar dead lift 5/3/1 245#/280#/310# (3 reps on last set)
          • Random dips 3x10

Comment

• Ran 4 miles with 6 20-30 second sprints interspersed....followed with
            Clean and strict press
            135x3x5

Got easier with every set. Very solid.

Comment

• Simple & Sinister / Tactical Barbell

Tested my one rep maximums today for the Tactical Barbell portion of my workout:

Bench: 225
              Squats: 315

I'll be using those numbers for the next 12 weeks to program my lifts.
              Finished up fairly quickly today so decided to get started!

Day 1 S&S (kettlebell work):

10 x 10 two handed kettlebell swings (32KG)

Took me about 15 minutes or a touch longer, I'm a little rusty on the bells.

Tomorrow will be a Tactical Barbell session, bench/squats.

Comment

• After a full day of bjj yesterday I was planning on a rest day, but felt good so hit the kb.

10 x 10 two handed swings with 24 kg (starting to work 1 handed swings back into the mix).

10 TGUs @ 24kg, 5 on each side. Felt good, especially add I've only been working with a 16kg kb since my back injury.
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Deckard View Post
                  Day 1 S&S (kettlebell work):

10 x 10 two handed kettlebell swings (32KG)
                  Hey Deckard, how come you're doing 2 handed swings with the 32?

Did you start the program with the 32kg or have you worked up to it?
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• 100 55lb kettle bell swings.

Comment

• Saturday: Squat 3x5 @ 205
                      bench press 3x5 @ 165
                      Power clean 3x5 @ 65, 1x5 @ 75
                      assisted pull ups 3x10
                      assisted dips 3x10

Sunday 4 mile run

Comment

• Jump rope intervals: 4 x 60:60, 4 x 30:30, 8 x 20:10

I'm starting to notice a decease in my average resting pulse, which is now regularly 44 bpm, and sometimes a couple bpm lower.
                        “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• 9 × 10 two handed, 2 × 4 1h and 1 × 2 2h swings with 24 kg (working 1 handed swings back in).

10 TGUs @ 24kg, 5 on each side.

Comment

• Hiked on Sunday - 10 miles, 2400 feet of elevation gain, 1200 in the first 2 miles.

Should have been strength today, but hubs was stiff from rock climbing yesterday so we did a favorite 3.3 mile hike instead.
                            M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                            - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Light day, meet is Saturday (5 days):

Squat: 315 x 2 x 3
                              Bench: 225 x 2 x 3

That's it. 6 doubles. 12 total reps.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Ohp 115x5, 135x5, 145x5, 135x3, 135x3
                                It was a solid 5.....kinda wish id of gone for 6 as a pr
                                3x12 chins
                                3x10 lateral raises
                                3x10x55 goblet squats
                                Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-28-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X