What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Gini, why don't you do another session of acupuncture?

Convict Conditioning called for:
    50x3 wall push-ups
    25x3 knee tucks

I couldn't even do 40 knee tucks! I have been HUMBLED!
    What are knee tucks exactly? Just curious.

Comment

• Kettlebells:

140 2 hand swings
      30 snatches
      30 clean and press
      150 BW Squats fast tempo
      40 push ups
      box jumps

all that = Dead Princess

Comment

• 1a) L-sit practice -- Still working on the leg angle. Did five sets, I think. Longest hold right around 20 seconds, no sets had my straight leg at parallel. Still a relatively large angle there.
        1b) Handstand practice -- First time I've really been able to integrate this into a session! I'm thankful I found this new place to work. Did five sets also, and during one of them I was even able to tap off the wall and hold steady, even if for a moment. That pumped me up. Otherwise, a lot of holds with feet against the wall. My second attempt actually was cool because I kicked up and had almost perfect power behind it. Stalled right at the top for a second, held it maybe for a second, but then fell back to ground.

2a) Pull-ups -- Four sets of 12. But, I didn't do full pull-ups. In a relative sense I'm trying to build some strength endurance, so what I did was set up so that I stood on one leg. At the dead hang position of a pull-up, my one leg was similar to a pistol (the way it was bent) with my second foot resting near the bottom of the first calf. Then, did 12 pull-ups with minimal assistance from that foot.
        2b) Football pushups -- Four sets; 16, 16, 10, 16. Pretty much just like a medicine ball pushup. I rolled the ball between hands from rep to rep.

3a) Bodyweight Cossack squats -- Four sets of 20.
        3b) Inverted Hang practice -- Three practice rounds. Was able to hold a hang with no feet on the straps on my second (for just a couple moments) and third (longer - probably five or seven seconds) attempts.
        Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
        -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Squats: 5x5, maxed out at 240 lbs, thought depth was shitty

Overhead Press: 3x5, maxed out at 115 at only 3 reps. Fuck.

Powercleans: 5x3 115 lbs

Farmer's walk with really heavy grocery bags.
          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• @Yodie, you lean back on a bench, hands by your sides, legs extended and about 3-5 inches above the ground. Bring them to your chest, then extend back out for a 2-1-2 tempo without touching the ground again.
            @Raphael, you could power clean me! Sweet! ;-)

Convict Conditioning:
            50x3 vertical pulls (painfully easy, I will be moving to step 2 next time for sure!)
            20x3 jackknife squats (the shoulderstand squats really irritated my lower back. These did as well, but I hoped maybe that was just my body adapting. Thoughts? A jackknife squat is putting your hands on a bench/chair (I used the toliet bowl) keeping your back parallel to the ground, then dropping down to a full, deep squat with your hamstrings resting on your calves. Pause a second, then lift back up using your legs and pressing up on your arms.)
            On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• 100 push ups
              5 x 5 squats (150 lbs max)
              5 x 5 bench press (130 lbs max)
              5 x 5 deadlift 180 lbs max, but i also managed to find out that I can do at least 1 lift of 200 lbs

+ a bit of bike riding throughout the day
              --
              Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• Today... Random assortment of dips, push-ups, chins/pulls, rows, planks, leg lifts.
                + 1 regular pushup
                1 wide pushup
                1 close pushup
                1 staggered pushup (left)
                1 staggered pushup (right)
                2 regular pushups
                2 close pushups
                ... up to 5
                Definitely dropped to my knees real fast!
                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Saturday: beach day!
                  Sunday: climbing. Hooray.

Comment

• 60 minutes of rock on my Les Paul.
                    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

• 10 minute tabata sprints

I may do an upper body workout later, not sure yet.
                      The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

• rearranging furniture in kids room.
                        cleaning
                        Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• ~45min. AM walk, lovely :-)
                          10-12 crazyass bike sprints
                          12-10-8-6-4-2 push-ups

CC:
                          50x3 short bridges
                          ~10secx3 headstands

ENERGY!!!!!!!!! I freaking nailed those sprints! These two boys on their bikes got excited watching me and they started racing me everytime I came around the corner, very cool :-) Wouldn't it be awesome if everybody just joined in on the recreation??? Everybody else on the street were just sitting around and... eating icecream... Herm. ;-P

Comment

• Rest day!

Did a bunch of walking and lifted some groceries for several hours as I helped my mom with shopping

Went on a 40 minute bike ride around the neighborhood. Another gorgeous day for a bike ride here!
                            --
                            Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• Deadlifts-5x5 120lbs did a few singles, doubles and triples aswell working on my form.
                              bodyweight squats
                              leg press
                              and 2 sets of SLDL
                              session ran a little longer than I wanted........try to cut it down a bit next time.

Comment

• Pull ups 3x5

Squats 3x5 225 - 235 - 250

Press 3x5 95 105 115

Deadlift 1x5 285
                                .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                                ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Working...
                                X