• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qq

Squats
    185x5, 205x3, 235x3, 205x3, 205x3, 205x3
    Chins
    BWx10, +45x10x3, BWx8

May have figured out the knee pain issue with squats. Too wide of a stance. Most vids and posts on here focus on low bar. Well I do mostly a high bar variety. Vid showed my feet hat to go to 45+ degree external rotation to hit depth with how I was standing. Moved feet to abot shoulder width and 30 degree or less gets. Me to depth just fine and with little to no internal knee pain.

Comment

• USPA National Competition in Vegas today! I pulled 286, 314, 325, and 336 in the deadlift!! All of the last three lifts beat my standing California State and American record of 304! I broke the floor last month at a competition with 325 but couldn't get it all the way through to lockout. Today I smoked it and it's older sister (336) today!! Thank God!! So stoked!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
        USPA National Competition in Vegas today! I pulled 286, 314, 325, and 336 in the deadlift!! All of the last three lifts beat my standing California State and American record of 304! I broke the floor last month at a competition with 325 but couldn't get it all the way through to lockout. Today I smoked it and it's older sister (336) today!! Thank God!! So stoked!!

Too cool! Congratz!
        Ht: 5'8"
        Wt: 166
        BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

USPA National Competition in Vegas today! I pulled 286, 314, 325, and 336 in the deadlift!! All of the last three lifts beat my standing California State and American record of 304! I broke the floor last month at a competition with 325 but couldn't get it all the way through to lockout. Today I smoked it and it's older sister (336) today!! Thank God!! So stoked!!

Woot good job!

Comment

• Well done edennperez1!
            M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
            - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S View Post
              Too cool! Congratz!
              Thank you!! 💪😉

Comment

• Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
                Well done edennperez1!
                Thank you too! Now to my room to CRASH!

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 2, week 2, (3/3/3) workout B

I am still easily confused when trying to be too efficient with interleaving opposing exercises to minimize rest. I wasn't thinking and ended up lifting more in my dead lift warm-ups than I was supposed to have in my final work set. I ended up resetting the dead lift at about 30 pounds higher than I started. That won't happen again :-)

5/3/1 program exercises bold faced

Exercise Sets Reps Weight

• Renegade rows 1x10x30#
                  • Dumbbell side bends 2x10x55

• Hammer Strength chest press 3x115 3x130 3x145 (6 reps on last set)
                  • Hammer Strength rows 3x135# 3x155# 3x175# (6 reps on last set)

• Hammer Strength rows 3x15x140#
                  • Dumbbell incline press 5x15x45#
                  • Dumbbell front raises 3x15x30#
                  • RDL with trap bar 2x10x135#
                  • Trap bar shrugs 2x12x205#
                  • Trap bar dead lift 5x275# 5x275# 3x300# (screwed up -- was supposed to be 3x200 3x230 3x260)
                  Last edited by miata; 07-18-2014, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• About a dozen of us packed up ~10,000 books donated to our Friends of the Library.
                    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

You're not strong for a woman. You're strong, period. Excellent work!
                      In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                        You're not strong for a woman. You're strong, period. Excellent work!
                        Yup; I know PLENTY of dudes who will never touch those numbers.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Thanks guys! So glad strong is "in" these days! When I played rugby back in the day it was not "in". ;-)

Comment

• BBS, Big 5. Made some TUL progress on most of 'em.
                            “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Today I helped build adobe walls for a native american historical site! Pushing wheelbarrows, shoveling gravel and clay, and lifting adobe bricks

Comment

• Today is "flea market day" So we're gonna go walkin today
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal

Start Date 07/01/14
                                Start Weight 238.0
                                Current Date 09/12/14
                                Current Weight 222.2

Current LOSS 15.8#

Comment

Working...
                                X