No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family visited. Did lots of play with cheap yard badminton, ax chopping, running around, walking, etc. A few AM push-ups with my morning coffee every day, not much else.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Light squats, chest press 3x5 with 210, compound rows 160x8x3, and thats to be about it.

Comment

• squats 3x5 @ 200

OHP 3x5 @ 100

deadlift 135x5, 185x5, 225x5, 260x5

Comment

• Upper body training mostly, getting used to using overhand grip as wrapping thumb around bars isn't going to happen for some time yet.

Slackline passes mixed in with other work
          - Rebounder throws
          - 3 lengths on the monkey bars - super excited to be back on my bars!
          - hanging knee raises
          - inverted rows, 4x8 on the gymnastic rings
          - assisted dips on the rings (totally dismal!)
          - not sure what to call holding myself steady/upright on the rings - feet dangling, rings tight at my sides until trembling becomes too much (right now about 6 seconds!) several of these
          - pistol squats holding the rings
          - pull-ups - little kip, small foot on vertical pole assist -12 spread across other activities

Right hand/wrist is grumpy now, need to get it wrapped up and supported. Going to be a longish recovery, but at least it has started.
          M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
          - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Sitting around being mega pissed that I can't do any upper body stuff with a stupid broken wrist.

Tip for all: don't brake stuff, it's not fun.

Comment

• Jump rope day; 4 x 60:60, 4 x 30:30, 8 x 20:10. I'm able to hit more double-unders in the 60:60 rounds, and I'm pushing harder in the tabata section.

Pulse at completion of tabata: 156
              Pulse at + 2 min: 114
              Pulse at +5 min: 93
              Pulse at +10 min: 90

Average resting pulse over last two weeks: 49
              Last edited by Rosencrantz1; 07-16-2014, 02:41 PM.
              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by Steady View Post
                Sitting around being mega pissed that I can't do any upper body stuff with a stupid broken wrist.

Tip for all: don't brake stuff, it's not fun.
                I can totally relate - bite/massive infection/emergency surgery at the end of May and my right hand is still very messed up. I've only just started doing some upper body work again, I'm feeling like I lost so much and I'm learning to work without my thumb around the bar because my thumb can't be around the bars anymore.

You are entitled to be grumpy!
                M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."

Comment

• Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
                  Do I get any bonus points for seeing and successfully leaping over the snake in my path toward the end of my 3 mile run? .
                  YES! Very "grok". 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Trampoline!

After weeks of waiting we finally got our replacement mat for the trampoline. I have missed jumping sooooo much.

Super fun workout this morning, lots of flips and tricks, only 1 minor crash
                    M2M

Comment

• 40 minute run. Yardwork

Comment

• Olympic log lifts for me. I do them with a tricep bar. Full upper body. I may follow with my ab wheel if I have any gas left. I do compound exercises and combine OLAD (One lift a day) with German Volume training. Lots of reps and sets. M_W_F is upper body and T_TH lower body. I save my Saturdays for trapbar Deadlifts!!!!

Comment

• Did our 9151 trail this morning, 4.6 miles/490 elevation gain. This is one of our rockier and rougher trail runs (or hike depending upon the day). I really need to spend some quality time with the roller, maybe tomorrow.

Annual road race up the ski resort road on Sunday, 7 miles, 2200 feet of elevation gain.
                          M2M

Comment

• 3.5 mile walk. A gorgeous day in NY today.
                            “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Going to walk to the park with our dogs and my husband when he gets home from work

Comment

• Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
                                Annual road race up the ski resort road on Sunday, 7 miles, 2200 feet of elevation gain.
                                Sounds great M2M! I really enjoy Flagstaff; pass through several times a year.

Lately I've been doing heavy back on light squat day, which was today.

Squat:

8 sets of 12.

Back:

Loaded Pull Ups

BW Pull Ups

Triples at the top in the following:

Bent Barbell Rows

Long Bar Rows

No DB work today.

When I arrived home from the gym a short while ago, my copy of Josh Bryant's highly touted new book had arrived in the mail: Built To The Hilt. Perfect timing as the next 2 days are rest days.
                                Ht: 5'8"
                                Wt: 166
                                BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

Working...
                                X