What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dug a doggie grave.

But hey ...our wet clay dirt made for a helluva workout . Might do some light curls ....bought 12oz or so.

Comment

• Just getting started with my "work outs" so pardon me if mine seem "weak" :P

AM - 2x10 + 4x20 Jumps with my new jump rope

PM - Used a new app I downloaded onto my phone for "interval" training (really like it!) I created my first "interval" set-up for jumping at 15 seconds "High" and 30 seconds "Low" (which I'm using really to catch my breath!) at a 5/5 count. When I got to 3 I tripped on the rope one time with 4 seconds to go so I stopped that one, on 4 I tripped once but kept going!!, by the time I got to 5 I realized I just needed to slow down my spins DOH!

Just really started "jumping" yesterday and I'm currently EXTREMELY out of shape so I'm trying to keep them short & painful :P

My right shoulder is still really sore, but my right knee has stopped aching! We'll see how good I do tomorrow
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Journal

Start Date 07/01/14
      Start Weight 238.0
      Current Date 09/12/14
      Current Weight 222.2

Current LOSS 15.8#

Comment

• Originally posted by ColeTrain View Post
        Today was my last workout for two weeks. Going up to Fiances town on Monday to get things ready for the wedding (week from today!) then 5 days of honeymoon after that. Trying to decide where I want to pick up when I get back. Today was the end of week 2 cycle 2 of 5/3/1. I am thinking I will just start this cycle over at week 1 when I get back. Anyway, today was:

Press: 75x3 , 85x3 , 95x3 , 65 x 10/10/10
        Deadlift: 195x3 , 220x3 , 250x3 , 165 x 10/10/10
        Wide grip pull-ups: BW x 8/8/8
        Hanging Leg Raise: BW x 10/10/10
        Congratulations and have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Team Sohn View Post
          Just getting started with my "work outs" so pardon me if mine seem "weak" :P

AM - 2x10 + 4x20 Jumps with my new jump rope

PM - Used a new app I downloaded onto my phone for "interval" training (really like it!) I created my first "interval" set-up for jumping at 15 seconds "High" and 30 seconds "Low" (which I'm using really to catch my breath!) at a 5/5 count. When I got to 3 I tripped on the rope one time with 4 seconds to go so I stopped that one, on 4 I tripped once but kept going!!, by the time I got to 5 I realized I just needed to slow down my spins DOH!

Just really started "jumping" yesterday and I'm currently EXTREMELY out of shape so I'm trying to keep them short & painful :P

My right shoulder is still really sore, but my right knee has stopped aching! We'll see how good I do tomorrow
          Let Ibuprofen be your friend while you're getting used to this. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• tantra edging, & finger tip semi pull ups.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Hauled 40 lbs. of keyboard, 40 lbs. of amplifier, 30 lbs. of speaker (x2) and various miscellaneous music equipment to the gig (i.e. farmer's walk with the heavy thing from the car to the stage, repeated for each heavy thing), and then back from the gig. I feel very well-exercised.

Comment

• Sounds like my favorite workout, farmers walks with all my guitar stuff!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 2, week 1, workout B

For Thursday 7/10

5/3/1 program exercises bold faced

Exercise Sets Reps Weight
                  • Hammer Strength chest press 5/5/5 105 120 140 (6 reps in last set)
                  • Hammer Strength rows 5/5/5 125 145 165 (8 reps in last set)
                  • Hammer Strength rows 3x15x140
                  • Dumbbell incline press 5x15x45
                  • Dumbell front raises 3x15 25 30 30
                  • RDL with trap bar 1x10x135
                  • Trap bar shrugs 2x15x225
                  • Trap bar dead lift 5/5/5 190 215 245 (10 reps in last set)

Done in less than an hour.
                  Last edited by miata; 07-14-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Ohp
                    125x5, 145x3, 155x3, 135x3, 135x3, 135x3
                    Chins
                    3x12
                    Lateral raises
                    3x10
                    Goblet squats
                    55x10, 55x10

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 2, week 2, workout A

I was really starting to worry today as I was barely able to do 5 reps on squats, and just did 5 reps on pull-downs and 12 for overhead press -- but then I figured out on week 2 I'm only supposed to be doing 3 reps instead of 5.

5/3/1 program exercises bold faced

Exercise Sets Reps Weight Comments
                      Box step-ups with dumbbells 1x10x30#
                      Squats 3/3/3 155# 180# 200# Did 5/5/5 by accident - 5 reps on last set
                      Hammer Strength pull-downs 3/3/3 150# 170# 190 # Did 5/5/5 by accident - 5 reps on last set
                      Squats 5x10x135#
                      Hammer Strength overhead press 3/3/3 100# 115# 120# Did 5/5/5 by accident - 12 reps on last set
                      Machine pull-downs 3x15x130#
                      Arnold press 3x15x20#
                      Cable tricep pushdowns 3x15 100 90# 80#
                      Hamstring curls 2x10x150#
                      Leg extensions 2x10 170# 160#

Comment

• 2 mile run... maybe 3... depends on the heat and humidity

Comment

• Yesterday Workout:
                          Squats 5X5 170#
                          OH Press 5X5 110#
                          Dead Lift 2X5 165#
                          1.5 Tabata up/downs and jacks.
                          Wide/chin/pull: pull ups.

Comment

• Do I get any bonus points for seeing and successfully leaping over the snake in my path toward the end of my 3 mile run?

Definitely brought me out of 'the zone', so I finished up with a little speed work for the last quarter mile. Legs were still a little dead from the 16 mile/4200 ft of elevation gain hike on Sunday.
                            M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                            - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Deads
                              5x255 3x285 3x325 3x285 3x285
                              Kettle one arm press
                              55x5 for 3 sets
                              Couple sets of curls.
                              Couple miles jogging

Comment

• Shovelglove moves of various kinds, bodyweight squats, upright rows, chest press, kettlebell swings, all distributed throughout the day at hourly intervals.

Comment

Working...
                                X