What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beckinwolf View Post
    Today was sprinting up and down the stairs an 8-story parking garage. The first hour of parking is free, so I sprint up and down as many times as I can in an hour. For me, its pretty intense.
    lol...not kidding though it's actually pretty intense..and i must do that everyday for least 7/8 times.....believe me i don't enjoy that ...

Comment

• Yesterday's workout was squats and more squats. Love 'em. Hate 'em! Tennis today.

Barbell squats:
      65,95,135,155,185,195,185,175,165/5

Dumbbell Goblet Squats:
      35,40,45/15

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Took a slight detour from 531 last week

Well...did 6 days instead of four and did all compounds as assistance. And squatting everyday.

Ended with a 245x3 squat with reps left in the tank. Problem is I did some back off sets and found that my left adductor where mildly strained along with some more significant infrapatellar knee pain at the bottom of the movement on the right. I'm quite sure that one led to the other.... being that both are relatively minor I'm just going to run the regular program which will give me a week till I squat again.

Part of squatting everyday was to groove it and watch to improve technique. Think i Might of got lax though on that last workout. Read that book "squat everyday". I think his logic is a bit of all over the place, but that didn't stop me from giving the idea a try. Probably need to acclimate to the volume a bit more.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-08-2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• Today hit a 3rm pr on ohp with 155.
          Did am few more triples at 135. Lateral raises, goblet squats and chins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            Today hit a 3rm pr on ohp with 155.
            Did am few more triples at 135. Lateral raises, goblet squats and chins.
            I just 5-repped 155 on Saturday. Ugly, ugly reps though.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              What's wrong with you bros?!? I can do that weight in my sleep!! Sheesh...

Literally, in my sleep. Like in my dreams. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Alright then see ya at 165 for 3 in how many....I'll shoot for 3 weeks......I just switched to a more narrow grip. Gotta admit the third rep came bellow chin but didn't hit clavicle like the first two.

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                  What's wrong with you bros?!? I can do that weight in my sleep!! Sheesh...

Literally, in my sleep. Like in my dreams. LOL!

Hehe...but I'm a recovering benchoholic. I should be much further along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                    Alright then see ya at 165 for 3 in how many....I'll shoot for 3 weeks......I just switched to a more narrow grip. Gotta admit the third rep came bellow chin but didn't hit clavicle like the first two.
                    Okay. I'm about to mess around with the way I have bench and press programmed to get more benching in before the next meet, so I'll figure out a way to make my 165 attempt coincide with yours, roughly. I believe I've 2-repped it in the past, but I'd have to check my log to be sure.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Jump Rope intervals: 4 x 60:60; 4 x 30:30, 8 x 20:10. Starting to hit some double-unders on the 60:60 sets.
                      “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Squat: 160x3 , 185x3 , 210x3
                        135 x 10/10/10
                        Bench: 110x3 , 125x3 , 140x3
                        95 x 10/10/10
                        Pull-Ups: BW x 10/10/10
                        Dips: BW x 8/8/8

Comment

• did some lighter form work on my squats. sets of 5 at 135 and 155 for 5 reps.

some OHP 3 sets, 5 reps 105

since I am trying to learn the power clean, I did about 15 reps of taking the bar to the rack position from the hang, them did about 15 racks from the jump position.... still feels goofy, but I will work on it some more.... all with the empty bar.

Comment

• Bench:
                            45,65,85,100,110,120,115,110,105/5

OHP:
                            Can't remember the number. Two sets of 15, two sets of 10, two sets of 5. Didn't write this down. Dangit.

4 Rounds of:
                            KB Swings
                            Ball slams
                            KB Rows
                            *30sec work, 30sec rest

Resting up and fueling for heavy deadlifts on Friday. Nationals are next week and I NEED to deadlift 325!! ;-) Need to prioritize sleep.

Comment

• Deadlift 305x5
                              Couple of triples at 285 as well
                              Ohp 95x5 for three sets

Comment

• Skill: Rope Climbs/Legless Rope Climbs

Conditioning: AMRAP in 6 min
                                25 Du's
                                10 Front Squats (135/95)
                                1 Rope Climb
                                ~ Rest 2 Minutes ~
                                Repeat AMRAP in 6 min
                                25 DU's
                                10 Front Squats (135/95)
                                1 Rope Climb

i did 95lbs for my front squats... could have done more but i wanted reps

Comment

Working...
                                X