Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    no, still using double overhand, no straps
    295 was my breaking point for double over. After switching to alternate popped up over 315 immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Off Duty View Post
      Can you please explain the course above.
      I understand the 4x60 for example; however, the :60 (i.e: 4x60:60) has me baffled.
      Was a gym rat for most of my younger/middle aged life. Just don't recall seeing that particular notation.

Thanks,

OD
      60 sprint/ 60 rest

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        How's training coming along, Misabi?
        Good Rich. Had my 1st grading recently, so no longer a virgin white belt
        Started late last year and had a couple of months off sure to injury, but kept going to class even when I couldn't train, just to keep in the habit of going I'd nothing else.
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
          Good Rich. Had my 1st grading recently, so no longer a virgin white belt
          Started late last year and had a couple of months off sure to injury, but kept going to class even when I couldn't train, just to keep in the habit of going I'd nothing else.
          Congrats on the promotion. They add up, man. Just stick to it.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• 4 x 60 seconds jumping + 60 seconds resting, followed by 4 x 30 seconds jumping + 30 seconds resting, followed by 8 x 20 sec jumping + 10 sec resting (aka tabata)
            “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• BBS Big 5 today. Moved up in TUL for all exercises:

Row
              Chest Press
              Pull Down
              Overhead Press
              Leg Press

Total workout ~ 10 minutes. And FEELING it.
              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosencrantz1 View Post
                BBS Big 5 today. Moved up in TUL for all exercises:

Row
                Chest Press
                Pull Down
                Overhead Press
                Leg Press

Total workout ~ 10 minutes. And FEELING it.
                10 minutes to complete a great workout, it doesn't get much better than that !

Comment

• Ran about 3 miles
                  Few sets of pushups, pullups and goblet squats.

Comment

• 45 mile bike ride with a little hill climbing. Took it pretty easy though.

Comment

• An hour walk this morning followed by a day of playing frisbee & walking around downtown with my step sons. I am officially exhausted now! Bonus tho, I have discovered that frisbee is an awesomely fun way to get in sprints

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I squatted my weight today! I don't know why but it feels like some kind of a cool accomplishment.

Squats - 125x5x5
                        Deadlift - 105x5x1 or is it 105x1x5... anyways 5 reps, 1 set
                        OH Press - 45x4x5 then switched to DB OH Press which I will stick with, 22.5x1x5

Then just messed around with the BB Curl and did the stairstepper while waiting for b/f to finish. Oh, and some stretching. Not too bad after eating too much crap and drinking too many cocktails for three days!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramma C View Post
                          I squatted my weight today! I don't know why but it feels like some kind of a cool accomplishment.

Squats - 125x5x5
                          Deadlift - 105x5x1 or is it 105x1x5... anyways 5 reps, 1 set
                          OH Press - 45x4x5 then switched to DB OH Press which I will stick with, 22.5x1x5

Then just messed around with the BB Curl and did the stairstepper while waiting for b/f to finish. Oh, and some stretching. Not too bad after eating too much crap and drinking too many cocktails for three days!
                          It IS a COOL accomplishment!! Congrats! 💪💪👏👏

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• 5/3/1 cycle #2 week #1 (5x5)

Great workout today. I am really loving 5/3/1 and am glad I made a commitment to getting the squats going. I had the best trainer at my gym check my squat form and he said I was good -- just that the knees were a little wobbly when I was pushing out of the hole.

I made a few assistance exercise changes, since I am starting with a new 5/3/1 cycle:

• added 5x10 squats as "big and boring" assistance exercise to really work on my form (replaced leg presses)
                            • tried to do a lot more 15 rep sets with only one minute rest
                            • interleaved different exercises to reduce time -- I got my usual 1:15 down to less than an hour -- warm-ups plus 25 working sets and very intense

• Squats 5/5/5 145 165 190 (5 reps on last set -- didn't try for more)
                            • Squats assistance 5x10x135
                            • Hammer Strength pull-downs 5/5/5 140 160 180 (8 reps on last set)
                            • Hammer Strength Machine pull-downs (assistance) 3x15x130
                            • Hammer Strength overhead press 5/5/5 95 105 120 (7 reps on last set)
                            • Arnold press 3x15x20
                            • Cable tricep push-downs 3x12 110 100 90
                            • Hamstring curls 2x10x135
                            Last edited by miata; 07-07-2014, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• Spent a little time in the garage gym learning the power clean. Racking the bar from the hang position is good.... I feel really uncoordinated doing the jump.........

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                Spent a little time in the garage gym learning the power clean. Racking the bar from the hang position is good.... I feel really uncoordinated doing the jump.........
                                Yeah, those can be tough to learn. Practice a lot of reps, and you'll get the hang of them.
                                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Working...
                                X