Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    315x5 deadlift a couple days ago.

Got bit by a dog so I'm going to the gym to use some less grip intense machines today.
    Hope you punched it!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Jump rope interval day:

4 x 60:60, 4x30:30, 8x20:10 (aka tabata)

16 minutes total.
      “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Cycle 2 Week 1 of 5/3/1

Because I did squats and bench on Monday I didn't go for extra reps on press and deadlift today because I was still really sore from Monday, just didn't feel fully recovered. I wouldn't usually do these two workouts so close together but I am leaving town tonight and won't have access to a gym until I get back early next week and wanted to get it in.
        Anyways, today was:

Press: 70x5 , 80x5 , 90x5
        Deadlift: 180x5 , 210x5 , 235x5
        165 x 10/10/10

Bench: 95 x 10/10/10
        1 arm row: 45 x 10/10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
          Hope you punched it!
          Nah, the "bitch" bit and ran. Punk dog. Hahah.....my own fault really. My cousins boxer (they have five of em). I can walk in the house or the yard unannounced and no problems. But I saw one hop up by the fence, you know like it wanted petted...no hackles raised, no barking, no growling. I reached over to give her a pat on the head....bad move. Its the ONE of all the boxers that literally bites anybody who reaches over the fence. I'm like the fifth victim. It bit my hand and turned tail and ran. Coulda used a couple stitches but we got butterflys and some glue to get the job done . Funniest thing is that my cousin talked about getting rid of her after the first couple incidences and it was me telling her "Nah, any dumbass stupid enough to stick their hand over a fence where there is a whole pack of dogs deserves to get bit!" LOL.

Anyhow squated 5x185, 3x205, 3x225, 5x185, 3x185, 10x135.
          3x20 pushups
          3x10 pullups.

I'm changing my ways in terms of squatting. Shooting for "crisp" rather than grind... so I stopped at three even though I coulda busted out 2-4 more. I think this was my problem with 4x/week. Taking it to a 10/10 effort on every AMRAP set just isn't sustainable.
          Last edited by Neckhammer; 07-02-2014, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• OHP: 5x95, 5x115, 5x125, 5x140 (AMRAP set was rough...just got my five and decided it was good nuff), 5x115, 5x115, 10x85
            Goblet squats 55x10x3
            One arm row 55x8x2
            Lateral raises ?x10x3

500 jump rope skips
            2miles with the dog.

this is weightxrepsxsets, but someone should remind me the normal nomenclature for this.

Comment

• I've officially renamed "volume squats" (Texas Method) "Horrible squats" Because they're brutal, awful, and make you hate life in every way. You feel them in your muscles, your liver, your lungs, your heart, and all the other vital organs you're not used to feeling. They suck. Suck. SUCK.

Horrible Squats: 345 x 5 x 5
              Bench Press: 205 x 6 x 4
              Chin-ups: AMRAP in 7 minutes: Either 80 or 82, depending on if you discount the 2 that I kipped the hell out of. My composition book says 80. CrossFit would give me 82. Started with 5's, switched to 4's, 3's, 2's, and 1's. Feel like fewer negatives allows me more total reps (duh). I've been starting with sets of 10 or 12, and it's holding me back at least as far as maxing out the numbers goes.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Deadlifts
                5x225,5x255,7x285,5x255,3x255,3x255
                Kettle bell ohp
                55x5x3
                2x20 pushups

Comment

• squats 3x5 @ 195

OHP 3x5 @ 115

deadlift 115x5, 135x5, 225x5, 275x2 back said I could have gone for 5, hands had other ideas....

At what point would a belt be helpful? I currently don't wear one. Should I be considering it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    squats 3x5 @ 195

OHP 3x5 @ 115

deadlift 115x5, 135x5, 225x5, 275x2 back said I could have gone for 5, hands had other ideas....

At what point would a belt be helpful? I currently don't wear one. Should I be considering it?
                    Anytime you are lifting near your max I'd say. You use alternate grip for deads?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Any time you want to be able to make your muscles generate more force and hold your trunk more rigid. So yes, yes you should. And you should buy from Dean and Judy Best at Best Belts - Powerlifting and Weight Lifting Belts > Home
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• The squat program I'm running as of today required an initial deload.

1x8x45
                        1x6x135
                        8x2x200 w/45sec rest between sets.
                        Add 5 lbs to the last set each [weekly] session for a duration of 8 weeks

My gym was closed today for the holiday. Had to pay a $14 drop-in rate at the Gucci gym up on the hill or sacrifice scheduled Squat/Light Back day. Hadn't set foot in this gym in a couple of decades. Lots of peacocks prancing to and fro in overly tight spandex and oversize tank tops. Peacocks are cool, just not used to seeing so many in one place. Also a plethora of what I assumed were "independent personal trainers" making the machine circuits with their 'tentative' clients in tow. In the 45 minutes I was on the floor, one trainer ran 4 successive clients (all senior citizens) through the same machine circuit. He would gaze off into the distance, daydreaming, while issuing instructions by rote in the most uninspiring voice imaginable...with no corrections to form or technique. He didn't seem to notice that each of his clients appeared unsure and uncomfortable. I felt bad for these folks. Post workout, I used the sauna, steam room, and extra soap in the shower just to try and get my money's worth. I'm bad like that.
                        Last edited by Michael S; 07-04-2014, 05:01 PM.
                        Ht: 5'8"
                        Wt: 166
                        BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                          Anytime you are lifting near your max I'd say. You use alternate grip for deads?
                          no, still using double overhand, no straps

Comment

• 1.5hrs of BJJ. Oss!
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosencrantz1 View Post
                              Jump rope interval day:

4 x 60:60, 4x30:30, 8x20:10 (aka tabata)

16 minutes total.
                              Can you please explain the course above.
                              I understand the 4x60 for example; however, the :60 (i.e: 4x60:60) has me baffled.
                              Was a gym rat for most of my younger/middle aged life. Just don't recall seeing that particular notation.

Thanks,

OD
                              "Live Primally, Train Practically, Prepare Tactically..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                                1.5hrs of BJJ. Oss!
                                How's training coming along, Misabi?
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X