What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    You're doing the deload week on the 2-days/week version of 5/3/1? I don't think Wendler recommends that.
    Yeah I'm doing 5/3/1 2 days a week like this with sprints on a 3rd day when I can. Didn't realize he didn't recommend that. Hmmm.
    I'll probably still do this deload week since I already started it, and the next deload week will be my honeymoon week so I won't be lifting weights that week. After that I may run it with no deloads.

Thanks for informing me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Week 3 of first 5/3/1 cycle

Exercise Reps Weight
      Squats 5/3/1 160 180 200
      Leg Press 3x10 490 490 490
      Leg Press 1x20 450
      Hamstring curls 2x10 135 135
      Leg extensions 2x10 150 150
      Machine chest press 5/3/1 120 135 150
      Dumbbell incline press 5x10 45 45 45 50 50
      Dumbbell front raises 3x10 30 30 30
      Machine rows 5/3/1 135 155 175
      Machine rows 5x10 140 140 140 140 140

Comment

• squat 3 sets, 5 reps, 185 lbs

Overhead press 3 sets, 5 reps, 105 lbs. Form was a bit iffy on the second set, form better on 3rd set. May need to back up a bit to get the form nailed down and then move back up.

Deadlift 65x10, 155x5, 205x5 250x5

Comment

• [Q UOTE=ssn679doc;1503494]squat 3 sets, 5 reps, 185 lbs

Overhead press 3 sets, 5 reps, 105 lbs. Form was a bit iffy on the second set, form better on 3rd set. May need to back up a bit to get the form nailed down and then move back up.

Deadlift 65x10, 155x5, 205x5 250x5[/QUOTE]

Are you following a program? Just wondering. Jumping from 65lbs to 155lbs on the deadlift seems like a big jump. No weight in between to bridge the gap?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Warm-up: Bike to gym.

Main exercise:
            T.u.t. 1 min x 3
            Face pulls, alt bwt pushup/fallout, goblin squats, and lastly bwt rows.

3x
            10 xPull-through
            30 sec kettlebell swing
            Walking lungs.

My trainer was being nice with lots of rest. Biked to work. Than promptly tossed my cookies. No actual cookies were harmed.

Comment

• Yesterday was a long day of travel (airplanes and cars), and intensity squats were garbage:

Squat: 375 x 3, 1(f)
              Press: 137.5 x 5 x 5

Today I had to do deadlifts because I didn't want to start them after 10 p.m. last night when I got the rest done.

440 x 1 x 5 (in Oly shoes. Heaviest I've ever pulled in them).
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Killer Leg session today !

Bulgarian split squat x 1 set ending with 10 second static hold
                Leg Curl ( 11) 30/30/30 with one extra 30 sec neg
                Leg Extension (10) 30/30/30 with one extra 30 second neg
                Leg Press( 14) 30/30/30 with one extra 30 second neg
                Bulgarian split squat x 1 set ending in a 10 second static hold

( High volume for me eh !!! )

I was just spent after this but rested briefly and cont'd

Strict slow side laterals x 2 sets
                M/C Press ( 90 ) 30/30/30
                Rear Delt M/C ( 100 ) 30/30/30

Calves.

Comment

• Push-ups, jump rope, trampoline 35lb kid toss event.....I placed first for distance and height

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                    Push-ups, jump rope, trampoline 35lb kid toss event.....I placed first for distance and height
                    I don't know Neck...I can toss my 3 year old pretty far! We'll have to compare videos. My 6 year old, not so much. He is one of the main reasons I train so hard --- just to be able to keep tossing him. And the throws are getting shorter and shorter. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                      I don't know Neck...I can toss my 3 year old pretty far! We'll have to compare videos. My 6 year old, not so much. He is one of the main reasons I train so hard --- just to be able to keep tossing him. And the throws are getting shorter and shorter. ;-)

You must feed your kids better.....my seven year old is only in the 50 lb division ( was tossing the lighter 4 year old variety today) ..you gotta keep em small to hit those record heights ...or get stronger I suppose. Seems easier to just feed em less though
                      Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-24-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

You must feed your kids better.....my seven year old is only in the 50 lb division.....you gotta keep em small to hit those record heights
                        My kids are animals! I'm not sure how much my 3 year old daughter weighs, but my son doesn't turn 7 until October and weighs a whopping 70lbs!! He's also really tall and looks like he's 8 years old. In fact, his clothes are for 8/9 years. People are shocked when we say he's only 6. He eats tons of meat - only on the bone if you can believe that. True savage! Exercise is hours on the trampoline. He's keeping me working hard - that's for sure!

Comment

• We shall dub you the modern day Milo as you continue your child tossing well into their adult lives!

Comment

We shall dub you the modern day Milo as you continue your child tossing well into their adult lives!
                            Eden de Croton. Has a nice ring to it.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Eden de Croton. Has a nice ring to it.
                              LOL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                                [Q UOTE=ssn679doc;1503494]squat 3 sets, 5 reps, 185 lbs

Deadlift 65x10, 155x5, 205x5 250x5
                                Are you following a program? Just wondering. Jumping from 65lbs to 155lbs on the deadlift seems like a big jump. No weight in between to bridge the gap?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum[/QUOTE]

It was more of a warm-up than a work set.... I use 65 because I have 10 lb bumper plates.. I probably should just list the one deadlift work set.

Comment

Working...
                                X