No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time posting anything for over four years...but have been back to primal and lifting for 2 months now...and lurking

Today:
    Squats 5X5 120lbs
    Bench 5X5 105lbs
    Row 5X5 100lbs
    tabata: jumping jacks and Mary Kathrine lunges.
    Basket ball with my son for 20-30 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      I like lifting in socks or NB Minimuses a lot better. It's much harder for me in the Oly shoes.
      Rich, why the switch to lifters for deads?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
        Rich, why the switch to lifters for deads?
        Longer effective ROM, the fact that it's so much harder for me. Just throwing a fresh training stimulus into the mix. Hoping it will make pulls in slippers or socks that much easier.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Yesterday -- second half of 5/3/1 week 2:

Exercise Reps Weight

Machine pull-downs 3/3/3 140 160 180
          Machine pull-downs 5x10 130 130 130 130 130
          Machine overhead press 3/3/3 95 110 120
          Dumbbell Arnold press 3x10 25 25 25
          Cable tricep pushdowns 3x10 120 120 120
          RDL with trap bar 2x10 135 135 -
          Trap bar shrugs 2x10 225 225 -
          Trap bar dead lift 3/3/3 195 220 250

Comment

• Yesterevening:

Volume Squats (These are really starting to suck): 335 x 5 x 5
            Bench Press: 200 x 6 x 4
            Chinups: AMRAP in 7: 72
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Finished up week 3 of my first cycle of 5/3/1. Trying to decide what to do for deloading next week.
              Today was:

Deadlift: 200x5 , 225x3 , 255x6
              Press: 75x5 , 85x3 , 95x4 ( I think next cycle I will try these before deadlifts like a few of you suggested)

Dumbbell 1 arm row: 50 x 10/10/10 supersetted with:
              Back extensions: BW x 15/15/15

Dips: BW x 8/8/8/8 supersetted with:
              Barbell curls: 50 x 8/8/8/6

Comment

• 5/3/1... 3's week

Squat 210x12 in the AMRAP. So that is a PR, but I'm not sure how much it counts. I'm still basically breathing squats for the last 4 reps or so. I basically stop when I feel like 4-5 breaths then going again will end in a fail. Usually its fear of my valsalva failing more than anything....

125x10 for 3 sets is all for assistance. Couldn't handle the last 2 sets. I was toast. Going back to triumverate type of thing after this cycle. BBB is just brutal. 2nd cycle with it so time to change anyhow. Maybe having it set for 50% from the get go was a little ambitious. Either that or the stop clock I keep and make sure I don't take more than 90 second breaks.

Anyhow 1's week up next. The spreadsheet says 220 for 1....but it WILL be 225....and everybody knows why
                Last edited by Neckhammer; 06-21-2014, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Ran the Atalaya Trail this morning: 7 mile variation - Approx 2000 ft of elevation gain. Atalaya is a 9,100 ft bump at the southern tip of the Sangre de Cristo Range, and one of our more popular day hikes due to a conveniently located trail head.

Atalaya in the distance as viewed from our front yard.

Atalaya3_zps61d9455e.jpg

Last week I was placed in Deadlift Detention. No pulling for the next 3 weeks. After watching the loads increase faster than I had anticipated, I was getting kinda slaphappy, particularly on volume days. Fatigue was beginning to surface in the lumbar region.

I'm currently squating 2 days a week and working back 1 day a week, and I do have to use caution with the BB Rows. Otherwise we're totally focused on bench technique and accessory movements at weights that are too insignificant to mention. Weights, that were I still a young gladiator, would have shamed me in the very public, city sponsored athletic center where we train. As it is, I get to play the geezer card. Aging does come with a few benefits aside from senior discounts at the movies.
                  Ht: 5'8"
                  Wt: 166
                  BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• 2hr row for charity split between 4 people (2 guys, 2 gals). Just under 30k meters. 2:01 pace per 500m overall.

Comment

• Yesterday a circuit of sandbag clean and press, burpees with 23lb sandbag, pull ups.

Today chopped wood for a co-worker. That workout felt very primal.
                      All time high weight 262 lbs
                      Primal since Spring 2012
                      Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                      Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                      Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                      All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• Cycle 1 Week 4 of 5/3/1

My first deload week. I wasn't a huge fan, felt like I went and warmed up, and then left haha. I wanted to stay and do more but knew I was supposed to somewhat rest this week. I am sure I will appreciate the rest when I start the next cycle next week though. So today was:

Squat: 110x5 , 135x5 , 155x5
                        Bench: 75x5 , 95x5 , 105x5

Chin-Ups: BW x 10/10/10 supersetted with
                        Dips: BW x 10/10/10

Comment

• I squatted. A lot. Then I cried. 😝😝

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Today Tabata sprints. My first time with these...holy sh!t.
                            All time high weight 262 lbs
                            Primal since Spring 2012
                            Start PB Weight: 240 lbs ish
                            Current Weight: 220lbs ish
                            Goal Weight:190-200 lbs
                            All on a 6ft. 1/2 inch frame.

I can't wait to meet my abs for the first time in my life. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

I love this way of eating and hope to be able to help others.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColeTrain View Post
                              Cycle 1 Week 4 of 5/3/1

My first deload week. I wasn't a huge fan, felt like I went and warmed up, and then left haha. I wanted to stay and do more but knew I was supposed to somewhat rest this week. I am sure I will appreciate the rest when I start the next cycle next week though. So today was:

Squat: 110x5 , 135x5 , 155x5
                              Bench: 75x5 , 95x5 , 105x5

Chin-Ups: BW x 10/10/10 supersetted with
                              Dips: BW x 10/10/10
                              You're doing the deload week on the 2-days/week version of 5/3/1? I don't think Wendler recommends that.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• OHP 155x3...oh well. First time with this weight.

Comment

Working...
                                X