No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, since I read this thread almost daily just to see what everyone is up to I think I might as well start posting my workouts too.
    This was Wednesday's workout, my first official day of 5/3/1.

Deadlifts:
    175 lbs x 5
    200 lbs x 5
    225 lbs x 10 (Really surprised myself that I got 225 x 10. I felt like I could have kept going other than my grip, not used to high rep deadlifts.)

Press:
    65 lbs x 5
    75 lbs x 5
    85 lbs x 8 (Thought I would get more than 8, so that was a little disappointing)

Pullups:
    BW + 20 lbs x 5
    BW + 20 lbs x 5
    BW + 20 lbs x 3 ( was shooting for 3 sets of 5)

Looking forward to my next one and to the progress that I'm sure will come!

Comment

• Yesterdays :

Super slow Leg curl
      Super slow Leg Extension
      Super slow horizontal squat
      30/30/30 Leg press
      Bulgarian squats

Super slow Lateral Raise machine
      Super slow seated presses

30/30/30 Hammer chest press
      Slow machine press

Slow Tricep pushdowns
      30/30/30 Tricep pushdowns

Comment

• 100 1h KB swings @ 24kg
        5 TGUs on each side (2@24kg, 3@16kg)

1st time I've tried using the 24 in 3 or 4 weeks, couldn't manage more than a couple of swings & no TGUs with it then and have been using a 16 at the gym at work (heaviest there).
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Swam 30 laps

Comment

• Yesterday was Starting Strength NJ Pulling Camp, so I ended up deadlifting some sets of 5 @ 365 (pretty light) and mucking about with power cleans up to 135. Working on form. I have some issues on the power clean.

Today I pressed 132.5 for 5 x 5 and squatted 365 x5 (new PR). Texas Method is working wonders for my squats. I'd been stalled out for several weeks and have added 10-15 pounds to my 5RM in just a few weeks. Really planning to break the 400 barrier by the next meet (USAPL in New Brunswick on 8/2).
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Warm-up: bike ride to gym

Workout: 3 sets t.u.t 1min each
              30lbs kettlebell swings, alt pushup/fallout, 30lbs shoulder thingy each arm.

6 sets of dragging sandbag across floor than farmers carry 25lbs each hand

Cool down : stretching than bike ride to work.

Comment

• Yesterday was my first 5/3/1 workout

• Box step-ups with dumbbells (warm-up) - 1 x 10 30
                • Leg presses - 3 x 5 (5/3/1) 365/420/480
                • Squats - 3 x 10 145/145/145
                • Squats - 1 x 20 115
                • Hamstring curls - 2 x 10 130/130
                • Machine chest press - 3 x 5 (5/3/1) 105/120/135
                • Dumbbell incline press - 3 x 10 45/45/45
                • Dumbell front raises - 2 x 10 30/30
                • Machine rows - 3 x 5 (5/2/1) 120/135/155
                • Machine rows - 2 x 10 135/135

Comment

• Bit of everything except Back and Biceps ( Due to tear )actually I did even do a little for those, did some Hammer Pullover's for my back and some super light cable curls for Biceps.
                  Really hammered my legs and chest though !!!

Comment

• Week 2 of 5/3/1! Tonight I did:

Squat: 155x3 , 180x3 , 200x8

Bench: 105x3 , 120x3 , 140x7

Chin ups: BW x 12/7/6

Reverse crunches supersetted with side bends (35 lb plate): 3x15

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• First post in a very long time, but I thought I would chime in.

I have a very physical job (field assistant for a land surveyor), so I've been keeping my workouts short and sweet. Lately it's been alternating days of turkish get-ups (5 min @ 68lbs) and swings (5 min @ 53lbs). I'm hoping to eventually work up to an 88lb TGU.
                      "It’s not about how strong you are, it’s how well you can move with that strength."

Comment

• Today it's HIT for 30 minutes

Comment

• It will be upper body workout today plus some sprints.

Been experimenting with longer resting periods between sets - seems to be working well

Comment

• Squats 3 sets, 5 reps 175

bench press 175x5, 175x2, 165x5.... I knew I was gonna have trouble when the first rep of the first set sat on my chest for a second before moving up.... time to back up a bit and try again...

deadlift 65x10, 155x8, 205x5, 235x5

Comment

• Warmup: 1 minute Grok hang and Grok squat

50 pushups, 50 squats, 2 minute flutter kicks, 40 pushups, 40 squats, 2 minute Russian twist, 30 pushups, 20 squats, 2 minute plank, 20 pushups, 10 squats, 2 minute stability ball toe touches

Comment

• I've done 5 press ups every time the ball goes out of play in the Brazil v Croatia World Cup match. I've lost count how many I've done but I'm glad it's half time! I'll try and continue into the second half.

Comment

Working...
                                X