Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/22/14

Squats: 315 x 5 x 5
    Bench: 165 x 5, 180 x 5, 190 x 9,8,8,4 (short rest on the last one)
    Chin-ups: AMRAP in 7 minutes: 66
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Deads
      8 - 205
      6 - 245
      6 - 285
      4 - 325

Split Jerk (from rack), felt light today
      155 - 4
      165 -3
      175 - 3
      185 -3

Conditioning
      1500m row with some hand stand pushups.

Comment

• 5 chin-ups every ten minutes. All night long.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Continuing my loony exercise regimen of doing 2x10 reps of something every hour. I'm back to Shovelglove - apparently only one of the exercises was hurting my hand, the other ones were fine. I also do body weight squats, step-ups, and a few other exercises.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• And Knifegill - wow! I wish I could do that.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• So, embarrassingly, I suck at squats. As a competitive climber and avid long distance runner for many years I never really trained them (thinking heavy legs might be counterproductive) and it's a gaping hole in my fitness resume for sure.

But better late than never! Inspired by some of the other athletes here I finally started working squats back in February. My max then was about 220#.

Today's workout involved a new PR at 260#, followed by a drop set of 200# x 10 reps!

Feeling pretty good today!

Comment

• Basic warm up followed by....

Squats -

205 X 5 X 5
                210 X 5 X 1
                215 X 3 X 1 (as previously noted I've never done these before (hated them) but have been motivated by the stories of many here to incorporate them and form is getting tight and the process feels good so it's bigger and better from here for this squat neophyte - who now loves them btw)

Dips -

20 X body weight
                15 X BW + 25
                10 X BW + 45

Cool down and stretch

Comment

• Yesterday (before the cookout):

Got an invite to work out with a Jits buddy in his garage full of Rogue equipment. Was fun.

Squat: 355 x 5 (5-rep PR)
                  Press: 125 x 5 x 5
                  Deadlift: 315 x 3, 365 x 3, 405 x 6
                  TRX inverted rows (3 sets of didn't count)
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Hi ! - just started 5/3/1. I haven't even started really, just figuring out my maxes. Today, squats and bench press, plus dips, and leg raises for accessory.

It's been a while since I've been on a "program". Have been just mixing it up. but nothing super consistently since the top of the year. Not having a program always makes me feel like I'm half-assing it.

Comment

• What is your workout today?

I didn't feel like starting a new thread to ask this question...felt like the gym peeps all hang out here anyway:

^what is the purpose of using a resistance band on the deadlifts? Form? I have noticed this dude uses bands a lot...I saw him using it on bench presses too. (I didn't want to ask him because then I might have to talk to that person hereinafter)

To stay on topic...

(Short stretch before and after workout)
                      DL 135x10, RDL 185x5 (took a 10 day break away from lifting and now I suck *sniffles*)
                      Lega Tabata (or tried to anyway...first day doing this particular routine for a competition and I suck at it. )
                      15 mins HIIT on rowing machine
                      10 mins HIIT on elliptical
                      Cool down, 10 mins slow moving strider at level 10.
                      Last edited by TQP; 05-27-2014, 05:40 AM.
                      JOURNAL..
                      @BabesWithBBQ.
                      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                      Professional Style Website.
                      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
                        I didn't feel like starting a new thread to ask this question...felt like the gym peeps all hang out here anyway:

^what is the purpose of using a resistance band on the deadlifts? Form? I have noticed this dude uses bands a lot...I saw him using it on bench presses too. (I didn't want to ask him because then I might have to talk to that person hereinafter)
                        Changes the force curve (makes the top half of the movement harder than the bottom), for one thing. It's used as dynamic effort work by proponents of the Westside Method of training.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Changes the force curve (makes the top half of the movement harder than the bottom), for one thing. It's used as dynamic effort work by proponents of the Westside Method of training.
                          yup

Comment

• Warm up and stretch

Bench 3 X 195 X 5
                            1 x 200 X 5
                            1 X 205 x 3

Deads 3 X 255 X 5
                            1 X 275 X 5

Cool down and stretch

Comment

• OHP 135x9

Told myself beforehand that I could do the "I ain't doing jack shit" assistance work if I hit 9 reps, but just like when my coach kept yelling "just one more!" I had lied to myself and did the full BBB instead. I'm an asshole like that.

Comment

• Yesterday I mowed the lawn, which means deadlifting the john deere tractor, farmer carrying the jumper box and gallons of gasoline, some hill sprints and all the yoga it takes to activate all the safety points on the tractor while I turn the key and kick the rusty old rotor to get it to start. And all the squats and leans it takes to NOT roll the tractor on the hills. You'd think "riding lawnmower" to be a passive term, but we should probably change the name to "mad, grass-chewing stallion of death" for a more appropriate glimpse into what the ride entails.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X