No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too hot out lately, makes me drag my ass. I meant to do something a little more structured... But is structure really that important???

walking/running/sprinting for 35 minutes, on a mission to get some B5!
    dips and rows and slow chins and leg raises and other stuff for about 35 minutes or so.

I wonder if this is all... In vain... Is anything better than nothing?
    On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Weighted pull ups: 45x5, 50x5, 55x5, 60x3, 60x2, 60x2
      Weighted dips: 25x5, 45x5, 50x5, 60x3, 70x3, 70x3

Comment

• 12 x 100-yard sprints. Humidity makes air so thick here. Coughing a lot trying to recover.

Comment

• 56.8 mile ride, yes, in the drizzle half the time, outright rain in the infamous Puget Sound Convergence Zone for about 4 miles just north of Redmond. Such a lovely summer we've had hereabouts. http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united...27897880658656

Comment

• Max pyramid.
            Lat pull down, and leg press. Next week is the final week for this protocol then time to switch it up.

Comment

• Tabata - ring dips, burpees, jumping pullups, situps

Comment

• @jess
                I just read the book "Biomarkers. The 10 keys to prolonging vitality."

There isn't a whole lot new in the book, but what I find is that planning my exercise and diet routines to support these biomarkers makes a lot of sense.

Some days, nothing can be better than something.

Comment

• Thanks, Vick. What are these biomarkers?... My new "goal" is to get damn good with those monkey bars. Youtube "Bar-Barians" and you'll see what I mean. ;-)

Today was really tough. I wanted to make it to five circuits, but was literally screaming at three. I'm wondering why... Am I too low on calories? Not enough sleep?

5 Negative Pull-ups (10sec descent, compared to 5sec last week)
                  15 One-Legged Squats, touch lower hamstring to the bench each time
                  6 "Beginner-Planche" Push-ups, basically a push-up with my hands tucked close to my hips
                  15 Bulgarian Split Squats
                  30sec. Static Leg Raise/Tucks
                  Repeated 3x

I am freaking ravenous. Do you think strength-training like this gives the same benefit as NOT doing it supersetted? For example, completing all three sets of my pull-ups in one go? Does superseting give "too much" recovery time? Hmmm hm hmm...
                  On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• The bar-barians is cool.
                    Biomarkers
                    1-Muscle mass
                    2-strength
                    3-basal metabolic rate
                    4-bodyfat percentage
                    5-aerobic capacity
                    6-body's blood sugar tolerance
                    7-cholesterol/HDL ratio
                    8-blood pressure
                    9-Bone density
                    10-body's ability to regulate its internal temperature.

For me personally, this has reinforced my thinking of working out once a week to stimulate muscle growth, then the rest of the week is designed to improve my blood pressure, etc.

My trip to a bod pod was interesting. My lean mass is 141.8 lbs and fat mass was 45.8. lbs. A year ago I weighed 234 lbs.

Comment

• Rest Day today

Biked for about a total of 20 minutes to/from work and bank.

Ran around with the soccer ball at the park for about 30 minutes. Best sport ever!
                      --
                      Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• Oh no... tomorrow night is Fran. I don't want to do fran

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                          Too hot out lately, makes me drag my ass. I meant to do something a little more structured... But is structure really that important???...I wonder if this is all... In vain... Is anything better than nothing?
                          I really think if you're dragging ass you should rest. I know how active you are (your energy is amazing!), but I think your body may be telling you to cool it. I've been pretty lazy since June 6th - my activities were off the charts for June and my body was just telling me to calm down. I've been taking it easy - just biking, climbing, swimming - and now I'm ready to get back into it. I think it's important to rest, sleep, and refuel every once in a while. Plus, I feel like a wilted flower in the humidity.

Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                          Oh no... tomorrow night is Fran. I don't want to do fran
                          You'll do Fran. You'll do Fran and you'll like it.

Tuesday: biking and I also got a massage. My rhomboid and traps (especially on the right side) are killing me this month. My therapist put something called polar ice (?) on my upper back that was awesome. Today, however, I am back in pain land. Does anyone know what the product is so that I can buy some and force someone to put it on me daily? My googling has come up empty. She also suggested an Epsom salt bath for my upper back. I am six feet tall and really looking forward to sitting with my legs up out of the bathtub in order to submerge my upper body. Are there any better options out there?

Wednesday: climbing! Indoors though cause it's raining here. Bummer.

Comment

• Vick, do you still find that your body composition is changing with once a week? I will admit I am into this "instant gratification" thing. I really am trying hard to change my mindset. Slow and steady... Slow and steady... You lost nearly 50 pounds! Congratulations! Do you ever count your calories?

Gini, you may be absolutely right. I think I may just stop my traditional lifting (but I'll be damned if I have to stop sprinting!) and start working on building my strength gradually and with focus through the six moves in Convict Conditioning (pullups, pushups, leg raises, bridges, squats and handstands.) I never really thought I was overly active, but I think that's because I used to workout 5 or 6 days a week for quite a few years. So even three days a week seems like a break to me! How has taken a break affected you physically and mentally?

Which I could help you with the therapy thing. Polar Ice? I always just thought that was the brand of an ice pack. ;-) Why don't you call him/her and ask? What do you mean by they are "killing you"? What sort of pain?

Overcast here, too. I was sort of planning on riding my bike around, but it's just so blah outside. Might go riding later if the sky clears up, but I doubt it. I am also INCREDIBLY sore from those pull-ups and close push-ups yesterday. My lats, shoulders and chest are begging for a nice massage. I guess it is a...rest day...Hum...

Comment

• P90X Legs & Back...although my chest/shoulders are still extremely sore from 2 days ago so I think I will be skipping the pull ups.
                              The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                                Gini, you may be absolutely right. I think I may just stop my traditional lifting (but I'll be damned if I have to stop sprinting!) and start working on building my strength gradually and with focus through the six moves in Convict Conditioning (pullups, pushups, leg raises, bridges, squats and handstands.) I never really thought I was overly active, but I think that's because I used to workout 5 or 6 days a week for quite a few years. So even three days a week seems like a break to me! How has taken a break affected you physically and mentally?

Which I could help you with the therapy thing. Polar Ice? I always just thought that was the brand of an ice pack. ;-) Why don't you call him/her and ask? What do you mean by they are "killing you"? What sort of pain?
                                Physically, it's really given me a boost in performance. I've regained my energy and now all my results are way better than they were over Independence weekend. Mentally, it's just been nice to chill out. I'm a former marathoner and current long distance biker, so I understand what it's like to workout 6 days a week. I've really enjoyed sleeping in, tooling around...it's nice not to feel overly stressed or rushed or that I "have" to fit in a workout. I'm also really ready to hit it hard starting this week. I feel refreshed and ready for some action.

I thought it was that icepack thing too, but it's some sort of cream that you apply. Sort of like iceyhot? But I think it begins with Polar. I just thought you lifters would know what it is called before I called the masseuse! My right shoulder is constantly screaming in pain. It's the part on my shoulderblade, mostly and it feels like one giant knot.

Comment

Working...
                                X