What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dips +90x6

Sort of disappointed, but oh well..... 7 was attempted and failed.

Comment

• Squats 210x11

I actually videoed myself on these. First time I've seen myself do em. I'm flirting with parallel a little more than I like. Hard to tell with my pants on, but I'd guess they are all close. Might upload for critique.

Comment

• None......Injured......so fricken depressed !

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Thanks, man. Gotta do the mental prep work now. The physical is over. Until Monday, when I will probably do some real volume for the first time in what seems like forever.
          I'll be rooting for you tomorrow!

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
            None......Injured......so fricken depressed !
            Damn. Sorry to hear that man. Hope you heal up quick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              Knee is feeling pretty normal again, just some weird stuff on hard lateral movements, so I went back to the normal schedule yesterday:

Monday
              Squats: 5x5 @265 lbs
              Bench: 5x5 @230 lbs
              Deadlift: 5 @390 lbs
              Strong work on those deadlifts.

Comment

Injured? Dude that sux. Hope your back on the saddle quickly.

Comment

What is injured?

Comment

I'm sorry! Me too. Sliced finger with immersion blender. In the emergency room now. Think I can do my deadlifts tomorrow? 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Argh. This 300x5 squat is my friggin' white whale. I got WAY too little sleep last night, and could NOT bang out my 5-rep maxes today. Irritated. I'm making rest and recovery the main focus of next week. Adequate sleep. And I'm smashing 300x5 come hell or high water next Friday. SMASHING.

Friday:
                      Squats: 1x4 @ 300 lbs. After I dropped it on the pins, I unloaded the bar, put it back up, reloaded, and hate-squatted it two more times. Pissed.

Bench: 1x4 @ 255 lbs. 5th wouldn't go up, and this isn't a tough weight for me. IRRITATING.

Power Clean: 3x3 @ 180 lbs. Was supposed to do 5x3...

Get proper sleep, people!

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• walk to the gym..
                        full upper-body workout...
                        walk home...
                        later today appointment to float in a sensory deprivation tank (mental workout!)
                        "Always be yourself. Express yourself. Have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Finally -- real squats

After doing leg presses for more than a year I finally tried real squats. I had to go to the gym earlier in the day to get access to the squat rack, and it took a while to figure out what weight I to use. I started with an empty bar and moved up to a comfortable weight of 205 and did 3 sets of 5 reps. I then dropped the weigh to 155 to play with my form a little more.

I'm taking about 8 minute breaks between sets as Rich suggested. Actually allowed me to get in a few sets each of pull downs and seated rows, so no time wasted.

I like the squats even though they feel very awkward to me compared to the leg presses. I know I wasn't going down all the way on the heavier sets, but did on the lighter set. I think I will be pulling out my Supple Leopard book to work on my hip flexibility. My ankles were also very rigid, and it is difficult to go down far without leaning back a bit.

Hopefully, I will soon get the hang of it and will progress quickly with the weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                            I'm sorry! Me too. Sliced finger with immersion blender. In the emergency room now. Think I can do my deadlifts tomorrow? ��
                            Yup. With straps and lots of bandaging if need be. You're like me. You won't miss the workout over it.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Deads Warmup:
                              5x135
                              4x225
                              1x275
                              1x315
                              1x345

Working set Deads:
                              2x365
                              5x3x305 (speed)

Circuit:
                              8x195 Stiff Leg Deadlifts
                              8x97.5 T-Bar Rows
                              8x152.5 Underhand Grip Pulldowns
                              8x140 Rows

90 secs rest, repeat 3 times.
                              Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                Yup. With straps and lots of bandaging if need be. You're like me. You won't miss the workout over it.
                                Yes sir I did!! 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X