Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Meet taper. 10 days out.

Squat: 295 x 5, 335 x 3, 375 x 0, 375 x 0 (dammit!)
    The 335 felt so easy. Thought I had it despite some bad sleep recently.

Bench: 185 x 5, 210 x 3 (long pause on rep 3), 235 x 1 (short pause), 185 x 10 x 3
    Is that normal to jump 40lbs on a squat? 335-375? It wouldn't be better to go 335 to 355 to 375? You know I'm new to this, so I'm just asking. And yes --- sleep is so crucial. I literally just up and walked out of the gym one day because lack of sleep kept my brain from working and I was sucking at everything. So excited for your upcoming meet...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I might have done better if I'd fired up more motor units by doing 355, but I was following the 5/3/1 prescribed sets and reps. Tomorrow, I'm going to work up to a single at 365 before Deadlifts and Presses, nail it, and then not squat anything remotely heavy until Saturday. And thanks! I'm excited too.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Last heavy day:

Squat: 315 x 1, 345 x 1, 365 x 1 (last 2 were hard, but my legs were kinda sore from the weekend)
        Press: 115 x 5, 130 x 3, 145 x 4
        Deadlift: 365 x 5, 415 x 3, 465 x 1 (smoke show. felt like the start of a power clean. Plenty left in the tank)
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• OHP 145x5

531 week

Comment

• Warmed up, did Deadlifts 5 x 235, and 5 x 245 twice, then my leg felt funny so I hung it up. Wanted to go heavier than that, but insufficient sleep just makes me weak.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Dead lift 300x8

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                Dead lift 300x8
                You're making awesome progress, dude

Keep it up!
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                  Dead lift 300x8
                  Nice going !

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    You're making awesome progress, dude

Keep it up!
                    Thx man...the BBB deal really helps nail home the form. Liking the program!

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                      Nice going !
                      Thx OS.... They are addictive

Comment

• Knee is feeling pretty normal again, just some weird stuff on hard lateral movements, so I went back to the normal schedule yesterday:

Monday
                        Squats: 5x5 @265 lbs
                        Bench: 5x5 @230 lbs
                        Deadlift: 5 @390 lbs

Comment

• Yesterday I did 5x5 leg presses (360# + 218# sled) with 90 second rests then removed two 45# weights and did 20 more reps. I followed that up with dead lifts (1x5x275#), RDLs (1x10x135#) and shrugs (1x10x225#) all with a trap bar. Finally, hamstring curls and leg extensions on machines. It was brutal, but not feeling so bad today. Maybe my recovery is improving.:-)

Comment

• Squat: 225 x 5 x 3
                            Bench: 135 x 5 x 3
                            Chin-ups: 3 x 8

Recovery workout. Come on, Saturday!!!
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Can't wait to see how you do. Your progress these past few months has been excellent.
                              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Thanks, man. Gotta do the mental prep work now. The physical is over. Until Monday, when I will probably do some real volume for the first time in what seems like forever.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X