X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
    Hayyyyy you rang?

I will even venture into NJ for this. XD ��
    Oh jeez...lucky us. Lol. Maybe when it gets nicer out, I'll have a bbq. Are you going to be in nyc for the summer?

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Yup. In NYC for law firm internship.

Lol actually I was just teasing. XD I do venture into NJ (annnd will do so for you peeps), but don't have a car so hard to go past JC/Hoboken.
      Last edited by TQP; 05-02-2014, 01:27 PM.
      JOURNAL..
      @BabesWithBBQ.
      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
      Professional Style Website.
      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• So stage one of converting junk collecting detached 2 car garage to beast enabling man cave complete......

imgur: the simple image sharer

Stage two ...burn everything else!!!!! Burn I say! Hahahahaaha!

Edit...there is a quad hidden behind that couch....it and the heavy bag may stay ......the couch too once the discarded tv currently residing in the attached garage finds a home out here as well. I am willing to compromise beast machine a bit for a quiet man retreat combo unit.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 05-02-2014, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Thought I was finally gonna smash my 300x5 squat goal.

Squats: 4 at 300 lbs. Fifth one went down and wouldn't go back up.
          Bench: 1x5 @ 255 lbs.
          Power Clean: 5x3 @ 190 lbs.

Power cleans felt a little squirrelly again. Might deload those.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• That's damn good still!

Comment

• OHP

140x6

One less than last cycle ...not happy. Probably too much beer and too little recovery this weekend.

I shall make the next weight my bitch as redemption.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                Thought I was finally gonna smash my 300x5 squat goal.

Squats: 4 at 300 lbs. Fifth one went down and wouldn't go back up.
                I had a similar experience with deadlifts at 310. The goal was 3. The first one was heavy, got a bit in front of me but ok. The second was an UGLY grinder. And the general feeling in the room was that I should probably not attempt a third. LOL! As Neckhammer says above, I will make it my bitch next time!

I haven't posted here in a while out of sheer laziness. I've stopped journaling my progress in general, which is not a good thing. Lately I've been playing with "pausing" on squats and bench press. It sucks. I'm doing another meet mid-June. Going for full power - God help me!! 😳😳😊😜

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Today I squatted 200lbs 5x5! Is it normal to be real sore around the pelvic area? But I've reached my limit on bench press I just can't seem to get passed 145lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarfan85 View Post
                    Today I squatted 200lbs 5x5! Is it normal to be real sore around the pelvic area? But I've reached my limit on bench press I just can't seem to get passed 145lbs.
                    Define "pelvic area," but the answer is "probably"

Have you tried microloading the bench?

My workout:

Squat: 315 x 3 x 3
                    Press: 105 x 3, 120 x 3, 135 x 6 (WEAK!!!)
                    Deadlift: 340 x 3, 390 x 3, 440 x 3
                    Grips shenanigans
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Fixed for you :-)

My workout:

Press: 105 x 3, 120 x 3, 135 x 6 (pretty strong!!!)
                      Deadlift: 340 x 3, 390 x 3, 440 x 3 (STRONG!!!)
                      Grips shenanigans

Comment

Originally posted by guitarfan85 View Post
                        Today I squatted 200lbs 5x5! Is it normal to be real sore around the pelvic area? But I've reached my limit on bench press I just can't seem to get passed 145lbs.
                        Awesome!! Pelvic area discomfort is not abnormal, but without more info it's hard to tell what's wrong exactly. Personally, I do lots of hip mobility work before squatting and static stretches (only after). I bought Becoming a Supple Leopard and I LOVE IT! It's helping me work with my mobility issues. Even if you feel you're ok, get a good warm-up routine going so you stay loose. Keep up the good work!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Didn't feel right after Sunday's flag football game. Knee is janky. Today, Monday:

Squats: Supposed to be 5x5 @ 265 lbs, but decided to drop the weight due to the knee. Did 5x8 @ 225 lbs, which actually might have sucked worse.

OHP: 5x5 @ 135 lbs.

Deadlift: Was supposed to do 5 @ 390. My 365 warmup rep jumped off the floor. My first 390, my knee felt weird again. I went to pull a second one, and it just didn't feel right. Tapped out of the workout at that point and just played around with dips and arm stuff. I'm smarter than I used to be; not gonna push a knee issue.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                            I'm smarter than I used to be; not gonna push a knee issue.
                            Sent via lightsaber
                            Good man.... Took me about 15 years of injury an rein jury to get that smart.

Dead lift 285x10

Switched to BBB accessory lifts....OMG. Could have been a mistake. That shit was painful after that AMRAP set

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Define "pelvic area," but the answer is "probably"

Have you tried microloading the bench?

My workout:

Press: 105 x 3, 120 x 3, 135 x 6 (WEAK!!!)
                              Deadlift: 340 x 3, 390 x 3, 440 x 3
                              Grips shenanigans
                              When I say pelvic area I mean my hip area. Maybe its my hips that I feel burning or slightly inward toward my crotch. If I'm laying in a bed and I go to lift my leg to cross legs, I can feel my hip/pelvic area sore. But only for some hours after my workout. I don't feel it today. It never hurts like pain, but just sore

Comment

• This morning did a nice easy recovery walk through the trails around me. Focused on my gait and keeping my knee motion stable--I think I only hyperextended it a bit the other day; just feels a bit unstable in certain positions.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Working...
                                X