Lying DB press-80lb D's- 8reps +1 partial, 4 reps + 1 partial
    Seated m/c press using Iso tensions x 1 set

m/c lateral raise- x 1 set with Iso tensions
    Seated shoulder press m/c x 1 set with Iso tensions
    Cable laterals- x 1 set
    DB laterals- x 1 set
    Rear m/c flyes- x 1 set with Iso tensions

Comment

• I did 5x5 squat at 195 lb today. The shit is getting heavy now! Am I supposed to be sore around my pelvic region, because I am. I feel like I should lift every two days instead of every other day, for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarfan85 View Post
        I did 5x5 squat at 195 lb today. The shit is getting heavy now! Am I supposed to be sore around my pelvic region, because I am. I feel like I should lift every two days instead of every other day, for some reason.
        Doesn't every other day mean the same thing as every two days?

5/1: 16 days out from first PL meet. Finally going to taper the work just a bit, especially on squats/deads

Squat: 275 x 3, 315 x 3, 355 x 3
        Bench: 175 x 3, 200 x 3, 225 x 3, 180 x 10 x 3
        Hang power cleans: 155 x 3 x 5

Some of my better power cleans in the history of ever. Of course I just signed up for a seminar/camp to get help with them, so I'll probably miraculously figure out all my form issues before June 8th.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post

5/1: 16 days out from first PL meet. Finally going to taper the work just a bit, especially on squats/deads

Some of my better power cleans in the history of ever. Of course I just signed up for a seminar/camp to get help with them, so I'll probably miraculously figure out all my form issues before June 8th.
          I'm actually excited to see your meet lifts man!

Comment

• Thanks, bro. So am I. I know I was venturing into overtraining territory, but I really think I'm gonna bounce back and PR every lift that day. Even if I don't make my personal goals, I am definitely planning to put up some indisputably legit numbers for the 148 raw class. I can actually gain 3 or 4 pounds and still not have to do too severe of a cut. So tons of recovery, form stickler-ness, and just keeping the CNS primed to display all the strength I've worked so hard to acquire are on the agenda for the next 2 weeks.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• You need more chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Then you'll nail those lifts

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                You need more chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Then you'll nail those lifts
                Do I need more of it, or do I just need to eat it faster? I need more tostones. I can't believe 5 plantains' worth were gone in under 2 minutes.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Nope every other two days is not the same thing as every other day

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarfan85 View Post
                    Nope every other two days is not the same thing as every other day
                    I've never heard of "every other two days," but that's not what you said. Do you mean every 3 days or every 4? Or 2 days on, 2 days off?
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Do I need more of it, or do I just need to eat it faster? I need more tostones. I can't believe 5 plantains' worth were gone in under 2 minutes.
                      hmmm...you need both. chocolate pb ice cream is the recovery food of the gods.

the tostones were great. next time, we need at least twice what we had. we'll put an apron on you and have you frying all afternoon. take some pics for your profile and whatnot.

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                        hmmm...you need both. chocolate pb ice cream is the recovery food of the gods.

the tostones were great. next time, we need at least twice what we had. we'll put an apron on you and have you frying all afternoon. take some pics for your profile and whatnot.
                        Well, I definitely need some aproned-up brotographs of me frying plantains in a beater for the online dating profile. I'm down!
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Well, I definitely need some aproned-up brotographs of me frying plantains in a beater for the online dating profile. I'm down!
                          maybe tqp can dress you up in a costume and bring a decent camera? perhaps some professional lighting as well?

Comment

• Squat Clean + Jerk
                            3 @ 155
                            3 @ 165
                            3 @ 175
                            2 @ 185

One minute of work time per set, rest 2-3 mins between sets

Back Squat
                            8 @ 205
                            8 @ 225
                            6 @ 245
                            Max 205
                            Rest as needed

Conditioning
                            3 Rounds for time
                            400m Run
                            10 Front squats @ 135
                            50 Double unders

Sounds like fun to me.

Comment

• Squats 190x14

Might of kept going, but the last couple reps where turning into breathing squats so I racked it.

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                                maybe tqp can dress you up in a costume and bring a decent camera? perhaps some professional lighting as well?
                                Hayyyyy you rang?

I will even venture into NJ for this. XD 😱
                                JOURNAL..
                                @BabesWithBBQ.
                                Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                                Professional Style Website.
                                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Working...
                                X