No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This afternoon I did a few things, and it was nice because the gym was empty. I usually work out at home on weekends but one of my coaches had given us a weekly challenge that required the use of a push prowler. I am not going to get one of those for my apartment

3 rounds of weighted hip extensions (5 x 95, 3 x 115, 3 x 125)

The goal of the weekly challenge was to complete as many GOOD rounds as possible of the following in 15 minutes:

50m Prowler Push
    10x 2KB Front Squats
    10x 2KB Dead Lifts
    10x 2KB Bent-Over Rows
    10x 2KB Push-ups

While this first workout only called for 1 set of kettlebells, I actually had 2 full sets. Still nursing my shoulder along and if I only had the appropriate weight for the double-racked front squats it would have been too light for the other exercises

So I had two 8KG and two 16KG 'bells on the prowler. The 16KG was used for everything but the squats.

I am not ashamed to say that the prowler was pretty heavy for me, but I did complete ~2.5 good rounds in those 15 minutes.

I followed this with a lengthy progression of single arm kettlebell snatches that ranged from 10-22 pounds in weight. Been working with shoulder stability and I saw good evidence that my shoulders are coming right along! I won't go any heavier until my KB coach thinks my shoulders are ready for it, don't need a set back. He is VERY good at dealing with joint issues, I am fortunate to have access to him. I completed 35 snatches per side and things feel pretty darn good, I will take it! Hopefully I will feel the same way tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Flag football game in a freaking DRIVING SNOWSTORM. We won. So freaking cold. I had to sit in the car for 10 minutes with the heat on before I could even get my cleats off. I had to have the checkout lady get cash out of my wallet when I bought some food, because my fingers couldn't even do that.

Fun times.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Doing it again today, but up a notch. Ten pushups every 8 minutes! Only been here an hour and a half and already have 100+ push-ups under my belt.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          Flag football game in a freaking DRIVING SNOWSTORM. We won. So freaking cold. I had to sit in the car for 10 minutes with the heat on before I could even get my cleats off. I had to have the checkout lady get cash out of my wallet when I bought some food, because my fingers couldn't even do that.

Fun times.

Sent via lightsaber
          Makes me feel better I'm not the only one still dealing with winter in April!

Comment

• Last night I did:

Squat: 325 x 5 x 3

Dead-stop bench from the pins:
            220 x 1
            205 x 2
            185 x 5

Speed deadlifts:

370 x 1 x 8 (on the minute)

Overhead DB Press:
            50's x 5 x 3

Chin-ups:
            75 x 6
            50 x 6

Dips:
            100 x 7 (was smoked from the OHP's, strangely)
            50 x 10 (these got slow and grindy and hard. OS would have been proud)
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Played in a basketball tourney over the weekend. 5 games. I felt pretty good throughout. Good physical competition, I took a pretty good beating down in the post. We hit the whisky pretty hard on Sat night, and me and most of my team was a little less enthusiastic on the Sunday games.

Recovering still. Back in the gym tonight.

Comment

• 2x10 wrist push ups

Plance Training: 2 minutes [sum] of plance flat tuck

3 rounds:
                -30 s L-sit
                -60 s bridge

3x60 s Handstand hold [chest to wall]

2x10 fingertip push ups

Comment

• Deadlift 365 x 1, 315 x 8
                  Leg Press Drop set starting with 590 lbs
                  Hack Squat 50 bs.
                  Triceps, DB ext with 100 lbs, Pushdowns using the stack.

Comment

• I only got 360 push-ups last night. Too busy.
                    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                      I only got 360 push-ups last night. Too busy.
                      360 push ups is a hell of a session !!!

Comment

• Naw, I like to get to the 700 to 1000 range. That's how I increased my one set max from 35 to 45. I just want to do it again and hopefully I can get to sets of 50. I wanted to get to sets of 60 last year, but was going about it incorrectly. Now that I know how, I'm plodding ahead.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Tonight, 5 chin-ups every 5 minutes. Will update in AM for total number.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Yesterday did BB weighted hip raises, cable rows, weighted split squats, some plyo box work. Today is my day with my kettlebell coach and will be, no doubt, a butt-kicker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              Yesterday did 10 pushups every ten minutes for about half the night. I guess around 300 push-ups.

Tonight I'm doing 10 chin-ups every ten minutes, still in progress. Not going to really keep count, just do it until the morning comes and it's too busy.
                              I went chin-up crazy last year. A few years back, I could do zero chinups, worked my way up to 10 and then 20 in about a year. Then started doing sets of 10 or 20, pyramids, all that, to get in 100-200 a day, taking weekends off. I did that for about a year, got to where I could do 30-40 perfect chinups in a row.

Then I took a full 6 months off. No chinups, pullups, or pushups. Just walking and sprinting. When I started back in a couple weeks ago, I managed 10 the first time, now up to 20+. I'm changing my tactic this year, instead of neverending chinups and pullups, I'm doing weighted chinups. Started with 25lbs, doing 35 pounds this week. I can manage 5 clean chins w/35 pounds. Will add maybe 5 pounds a week. I like the workout a lot better and can already tell biceps growing much faster than just endless bodyweight chins. Also started deadlifting, working on 200 now.

Bodyweight was fun for a couple years, but it really does limit itself. Still, I have a hard time not knocking out 10 when I randomly come across a suitable bar.
                              Find me on Facebook!

Comment

• Every hour, on the hour, get up and do some Shovelglove exercises and some bodyweight squats. I'm trying to get back into exercise after a long hiatus, so really forcing myself to not overdo it and to keep the "mini-workouts" truly minimal for now. My tendency when re-starting an exercise program is to jump into it with both feet, overdo it, and hurt myself. So I'm taking it easy this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X