No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think I posted last Saturday's workout, but I went for an all-out bodyweight set of each (after my front squats and presses and power cleans) and I got the following:

Chin-ups: 20
    Dips: 27

There are some benefits to being a lightweight.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Stand up surfing in heavy beach break this morning. I real struggle to get outside, and then a lot of hold downs.

Torched.

Nice long magnesium bath though! Something about being in the ocean just makes a body feel awesome.

Nothing but mobility and stretching the rest of this week. Have a 2 day b-ball tournament this weekend.

Comment

• Yesterday's workout was a couple of kettlebell workouts that featured ascending and descending numbers of double kettlebell swings, double cleans, and alternating push-presses. I've been avoiding any overhead work due to some shoulder issues and am pleased that my shoulders feel fine today :-) I can't yet do strict presses (unless I go too light for the swings and cleans) but that wasn't a surprise. It is progress. Rest day today - trying to get better about recovery - at my age it takes longer than it once did. I had intended to do some practice with the single-arm snatch yesterday but my shoulders were fatigued enough.
        Last edited by Catrin; 04-10-2014, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• last night I did squats, pushups, pullups, landmine presses, abs and hyperextensions

Comment

• Weighted dips +80x4 (still using a too wide grip)
            Pushups 5x15
            One arm rows 5x10 with 65lbs

I think I'm looking forward to a deload week .... At first I wasn't going to include them, but with a 4x/week lifting schedule I'm starting to feel it now.
            Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-10-2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Squats:

375 x 2
              335 x 5
              295 x 13

Bench:
              225 x 2 x 2
              200 x 6

Deadlift:
              475 x 1 (PR)
              405 x 5

a.m. weight: 148.6
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Squats:

375 x 2
                335 x 5
                295 x 13

Bench:
                225 x 2 x 2
                200 x 6

Deadlift:
                475 x 1 (PR)
                405 x 5

a.m. weight: 148.6
                Wo man you could stand to keep a couple lbs on couldn't ya?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                  Wo man you could stand to keep a couple lbs on couldn't ya?
                  Yeah, I have probably overshot making 148 and can let myself go up a bit now. Keep the weight on the bar rising, hit that 500 DL and 405 squat if I play everything just right.

Here's the video of the deadlift PR. It was slow, but I locked it out hitch-free:

The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    Yeah, I have probably overshot making 148 and can let myself go up a bit now. Keep the weight on the bar rising, hit that 500 DL and 405 squat if I play everything just right.

Here's the video of the deadlift PR. It was slow, but I locked it out hitch-free:

Good job man...make sure to take a camera man to the meet!

Comment

• Strong lift! 500 is definitely achievable.
                      In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Squats 205x11
                        Leg press 5x15
                        GHR 5x10

I'll be eating at the big boys table in a few more cycles

Comment

• Ive been so unmotivated to do squats and DL lately. I've been feeling a bit frustrated with my upper body progress (in terms of aesthetics) and so I get to the gym just focusing on that and totally skipping the DL and the Squats.

Anyone care to yell motivating slogans at me so I go and tear the gym up dead-lifting tomorrow like I'm supposed to?

Comment

• Yesterday's workout was my 500-swing workout mixed with short reps of strength exercises after each set of swings. This was followed with about 25 reps of light technical single-arm KB snatch practice using different weights. This afternoon am planning on some trail running.

Tomorrow will be a lifting day, I've not yet decided if I will focus on deadlifting or on weighted hip raises. My glute strength is holding my deadlifts back so I will likely focus on the latter. It is probably better to focus on one and take it as far as I can go rather than attempt to do both.

Comment

• Yesterday did 10 pushups every ten minutes for about half the night. I guess around 300 push-ups.

Tonight I'm doing 10 chin-ups every ten minutes, still in progress. Not going to really keep count, just do it until the morning comes and it's too busy.
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• 5 miles jog. All in the truly aerobic manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X