No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did my 500 swing workout today and after being sick for 2 weeks it felt good! Still coughing but my body felt fine.

5 rounds of single arm kettlebell swings. 2 minute rest between each round

5/5 swings + 1 goblet squat
    10/10 swings + 2 single arm front squats
    15/15 swings + 3 double cleans
    20/20 swings + 4 TX rows

Total time including rests = 33:21

Comment

• Sunday is always conditioning day:

Started with glute strengthening and KB clean practice - this first part was on my own:

Barbell weighted hip extensions (just started this week)
      8 reps at 85lbs, 5 KB cleans each side (practicing new form)
      5 reps at 105 lbs, 5 more KB cleans each
      5 reps at 125 lbs (body weight) with 5 double KB cleans, one weight heavier than the other

The weighted hip extensions felt great, I will go heavier next time. No apparent soreness or other indications that the weight was too heavy or bad in other ways.

We started our group conditioning session with some core and stability work, afterwards there were the following two "main events":

1 racked row
      2 pushups
      3 bosu getups

The goal is to double each exercise each round until reaching a 10 minute cap OR to reach 10,20,30 reps. I lost count and just continued for the 10 minutes.

15 minutes of the following:

200 meter run plus 5 story stair climb
      5 KB "woman-makers" - I won't call them man-makers because I am not a man! This was rather different from others I've done in the past. This version calls for a chest to KB pushup, while in pushup position place one hand behind the back, then the other. Then complete a cheetah movement to get the feet up by the KB, take it by the handle, then stand up and press it overhead. That counts as one movement.
      400 meter row

I wanted to do some light trail running this afternoon, but am getting over a cough and decided that was enough exercise for one day!

Comment

• Deadlift- 315 x 6, 315 x 5
        Leg Press- Drop set starting with 540 and dropping 45 each time x 22 reps ( retching big time after this one !)
        Hack squat- 90 x 7 slow reps
        Leg Ext x 1 set

Also Calves + Triceps.
        Last edited by OldSchhool; 04-06-2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Flag football. We won. I feel old right now. I'm gonna hit my magnesium bottle like a cheap stripper hits the glitter spray.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Havent done traditional working out in years... Today
            4 X 260 lb squats
            abs... wont bore you with details. It took like 10 minutes
            plank... plank... floor.... pla... floor
            lunges back and forth till I got shakey.
            Did all this at lunch. Hope shakiness runs out soon. I'm a phlebotomist.
            6'1" 30 y/o male
            June 2013 - 310+lbs
            April 2014 - 230lbs
            "The great and powerful Trixie doesn't trust wheels"!

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              I figured out why my legs hurt so badly after the run. I'm an idiot. After not running for months, starting off in barefoot style shoes on pavement was waaayyyy too much impact.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
              Ouch. I see people running with their barefoots on pavement and not sure how they do it. I hurt just looking at them.

Hitting the weights today after a week off with just some swimming, yoga and cycling.
              Last edited by Stacy15; 04-07-2014, 07:08 AM.

Comment

• Week 3 of 5/3/1:

OHP AMRAP 140x7
                Lateral raises 5x10-15
                Chins 5x10

Comment

• 140 x 7 is pretty strong work, Necky.

My day:

Squat: 320 x 5 x 3

Paused bench (2-count): 215 x 3, 215 x 3, 215 x 2

Paused deadlift (2-count): 260 x 3 x 4
                  Last edited by RichMahogany; 04-08-2014, 09:08 AM.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Jump rope for 4 mins, do 25 double unders.

Simple fit lvl 5, workout 2. 5rds (5 pullups, 15 pushups, 26 squats)

Work on ring dips.

Comment

• 10 mile bike ride. Lots of hills, almost made it to next city over, lol. Every two weeks I get to go for a real bike ride and I push it about a quarter-mile further every time. My body has adapted well to this route. When I first started riding after moving here, just half this ride was killing me. Now I know I could do more easily, but don't want to push it. Got a long life to live!
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• still going strong with the bodyweight experiment. decided to add squats, deadlifts, and ohp back in to the mix.

last night I did deadlift, dips, high rep pike pushups, hyperextensions, and some odd ab stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                          still going strong with the bodyweight experiment. decided to add squats, deadlifts, and ohp back in to the mix.

last night I did deadlift, dips, high rep pike pushups, hyperextensions, and some odd ab stuff.
                          Nice. You skinny yet?
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            Nice. You skinny yet?
                            at last weigh in, still lingering around the same 187 (5.5lbs lost). although I haven't weighed myself yet this week. I will report back soon.

Comment

• Man, you got 36 pounds on me! I gotta get this powerlifting thing over and get back up to a respectable 160.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                Man, you got 36 pounds on me! I gotta get this powerlifting thing over and get back up to a respectable 160.
                                well...i'm like 4-5 inches taller than you are.

you've gained a ton of weight in the past couple years. and yes, once you get this competition out of the way, you can get back on the train to swolesville.

I wish I was 187 and lean. that's my ultimate goal about 185-190 and lean

Comment

Working...
                                X