No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did interval jogging yesterday to get started on my Couch to 5k. Why does my DOMS not show up until about 18 hrs after a workout? My legs were fine this morning, but dying by the end of the work day.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Squats:
      315 x 3
      335 x 3
      355 x 3
      375 x 1 (was supposed to be done, but only 90% sure depth was there, and I wanted to be 100%)
      375 x 0 (way, way, way too deep. Like 6" below parallel. Had 0 chance)
      375 x 1 (found the sweet spot. Clearly there, but not too deep)

Bench:
      200 x 5
      210 x 5
      225 x 4 (f)
      225 x 1 (paused)

Deadlift:

475 x 0 (Can't remember the last time the barbell wouldn't budge from the floor!)
      470 x 1 (New PR. 470 @ 151.0)
      425 x 1 (didn't wait long enough)
      425 x 3 (just spent, no excuses)
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I got to work early enough to hit it for 15 minutes. That's not time for much, so I decided to make the most of it and get my squats in. Warmed up with body weight x10, then 95 x10, added weight to 195 x8, and then 205 x 5 and was out of time. 2-minute rests.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          I did interval jogging yesterday to get started on my Couch to 5k. Why does my DOMS not show up until about 18 hrs after a workout? My legs were fine this morning, but dying by the end of the work day.
          Dear f'ing lard, my legs hurt even worse this morning. Wwhhyhyyyyyy
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            Dear f'ing lard, my legs hurt even worse this morning. Wwhhyhyyyyyy
            lol...try a magnesium oil rub down?

My workout:

Squats: worked up to an easy 190x10. Coulda pushed for more, but felt really good there.
            Leg Press: 5x15
            GHR: 10,8,8,6,6

Liking this but I think I actually will move to BBB next cycle...especially for the squats.

One thing. Anyone else get funky knee pain and stuff on the warmup sets only? Its like my form is crap until I get enough weight on my back to force things to correct. 190 felt so much better than 135.
            Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-04-2014, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Tried weighted dips, held 80 pounds of dumbbells in my thighs for three reps. Then put 75 pounds in my backpack and did 5 dips. I think I need a chain or something, I don't know how else to add more weight...
              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post

One thing. Anyone else get funky knee pain and stuff on the warmup sets only? Its like my form is crap until I get enough weight on my back to force things to correct. 190 felt so much better than 135.
                Not knee pain, but warm-ups feel "weird" on my knees until about 200. I don't even know how to describe it. Then, on my first heavy work rep, both of my knees pop (no pain; all my joints pop all the time).

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

But isn't the whole point behind warmup to increase blood to the bodyparts worked, protecting the joints by pumping up tissues around the joints so you become ready for more load? So not strange at all that your kneejoints feel a bit unprepared when warming up. Beware all those of you that jumps into reverse pyramids doing heavy compounds without warming up first...
                  Last edited by Gorbag; 04-05-2014, 08:12 AM.
                  "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Yes!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                      But isn't the whole point behind warmup to increase blood to the bodyparts worked, protecting the joints by pumping up tissues around the joints so you become ready for more load? So not strange at all that your kneejoints feel a bit unprepared when warming it up. Beware all those of you that jumps into reverse pyramids doing heavy compounds without warming up first...
                      Good point...Yeah, the warmups are actually quite extensive for the relative light weight I'm using (190x10 at a bw of 165 isn't exactly crazy heavy ).

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                        Not knee pain, but warm-ups feel "weird" on my knees until about 200. I don't even know how to describe it. Then, on my first heavy work rep, both of my knees pop (no pain; all my joints pop all the time).

Sent via lightsaber
                        Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                        Yes!!
                        Good to hear I'm not imagining things then. Thought I coulda been developing some sort of mental block to light weight squats

Comment

Good to hear I'm not imagining things then. Thought I coulda been developing some sort of mental block to light weight squats
                          Well...now that you put it that way...it could be! Sometimes I get annoyed by the "light" weights. It's like I need to feel "real" pressure to help me really activate the proper muscles and feel like I'm getting something done. Anything else is like an annoying tickle and I can't wait to get past it to the "real" work - whatever that means. 😊

Comment

• Starting exercising cold joints can make the warm-up more of a hurdle than the work sets for many people! When I take many days off between workouts the warm up becomes even more essential…
                            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• I figured out why my legs hurt so badly after the run. I'm an idiot. After not running for months, starting off in barefoot style shoes on pavement was waaayyyy too much impact.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                                Tried weighted dips, held 80 pounds of dumbbells in my thighs for three reps. Then put 75 pounds in my backpack and did 5 dips. I think I need a chain or something, I don't know how else to add more weight...
                                Super easy to make and pretty cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X