• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Squats
    5X5 W 165

Pull Ups
    5X5 W 15#

2X10 Hindu pushups., jump rope 200+ 20 DU, and shoulder mobility stuff.

Short and sweet.

Comment

• I worked out so hard on Saturday (back, biceps, kettlebell swings, strap horizontal pull ups) and Sunday (chest, triceps, shoulders) I am still sore. It's torture if the top of my head gets an itch, but I love the soreness. I may do kettlebell swings and goblet squats tonight.

Comment

• Mother nature played a cruel joke and dumped a foot of snow on us yesterday. Today's workout - 2+ hours of shoveling the 3ft snow drift out of my driveway in order to get to work.

Comment

• So the competition... I pulled enough to beat the standing raw and open records for my age group (305lbs)! Yay! But...I was so worn and probably still dehydrated from cutting to get into the weight class that I failed to pull 308, which should've been a cakewalk for me! So...I'm proud of the record but disappointed that I waited so long to cut and thus suffered the results. I will NEVER do that again and will be fully ready for Nationals in July, dammit!!
          Signed, Don't wanna talk about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
            So the competition... I pulled enough to beat the standing raw and open records for my age group (305lbs)! Yay! But...I was so worn and probably still dehydrated from cutting to get into the weight class that I failed to pull 308, which should've been a cakewalk for me! So...I'm proud of the record but disappointed that I waited so long to cut and thus suffered the results. I will NEVER do that again and will be fully ready for Nationals in July, dammit!!
            Congrats on the records!
            Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
            Understood.

Comment

So the competition... I pulled enough to beat the standing raw and open records for my age group (305lbs)! Yay! But...I was so worn and probably still dehydrated from cutting to get into the weight class that I failed to pull 308, which should've been a cakewalk for me! So...I'm proud of the record but disappointed that I waited so long to cut and thus suffered the results. I will NEVER do that again and will be fully ready for Nationals in July, dammit!!
              Jesus lady. Excellent job! Be proud, dammit.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                Mother nature played a cruel joke and dumped a foot of snow on us yesterday. Today's workout - 2+ hours of shoveling the 3ft snow drift out of my driveway in order to get to work.
                Better you than us . I'm in Indiana. Finally had a couple decent days here.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                    Better you than us . I'm in Indiana. Finally had a couple decent days here.
                    Worst part (or best part) is a bunch of it melted by time I got home after work. Would have saved myself a hell of a lot of work taking the day off and waiting it out. On the bright side...not often can you get a killer shoveling workout in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                      Jesus lady. Excellent job! Be proud, dammit.
                      Whatever! You're just as competitive as I am, if not more. And thank you!

Comment

So the competition... I pulled enough to beat the standing raw and open records for my age group (305lbs)!
                        Nice work!
                        In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                          On the bright side...not often can you get a killer shoveling workout in.
                          i love those random natural workouts when they happen, i came home friday afternoon to a couple of trees cut down by the electric company opposite the house, cue several hours of arm curls, heavy barrow walking and some deadlifting

Comment

• Kettlebell training group today, it went basically like this:

20 heavy KB deadlifts (2 bells)
                            20 swings (same bell, but only one)
                            20 (each side) bottom-weighted KB windmills
                            10 heavy goblet squats

A metabolic drive workout that included:

10 double KB swings
                            8 double KB cleans
                            4 double or single presses (each side if the latter)
                            8 double racked squats

5 more rounds of the above, but mixing the order of the 4 exercises, reps for each one remained the same.

We followed with some technical work with the clean, it was a good workout!
                            Last edited by Catrin; 04-03-2014, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Weighted dips as main lift (+75x3 as top set)
                              5x15 pushups
                              5x10-12 one arm row @ 60lbs
                              Supersetted assistance

Just required reps and done today...kinda. Added reps to the first two sets so it went 5,5,3. The right shoulder was acting up a bit, so I just wanted to hit what I had to.

I'm more proud of my PWO meal. Homemade eggdrop soup with oysters made with real chicken stock and extra gelatin. Stuff could bring the dead back to life....then that previously dead person would set several PRs on all lifts! I'm super cereal. Thought I'd have to go back to the gym for some squating when I was done eating.

Comment

• 5X5:

ring dips- feet on a box in "pike position"

Deficit Deadlifts - 245. (built a 4"platform last weekend).

2X10 Hindu pushups, shoulder and hip mobility movements, jumprope.

Played with my kids in our little home gym - lots of fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X