• Yesterday was 45 min swim
    10 pull-ups (from floor)

Today
    squats 135 x 7 x 5 - focusing on getting lower so keeping weight lighter
    deads 135 x 10, 155 x 10, 185 x 10
    band assisted pull-ups 10 x 4
    dips 5 x 1, band assisted 10 x 3
    hanging leg raises 20 x 4

do some pull-ups from floor when I get home, because I can!

Comment

• Work sets:

Squat: 1x5 @ 280 lbs (should have done 285 for the PR. Talked myself into repeating last week's weight. Mad at myself).

OHP: 1x5 @ 150 lbs

Power Clean: 5x3 @ 180 lbs. Last set smoked me; will probably repeat weight next week.

15 minutes of bodyweight & dumbbell accessory work, plus sprint intervals on rowing machine.

Body weight: 163

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
        That's the shit. Keep it going.

@Rich

That's not a bad workout on the whole for someone who's getting his ass kicked by exhaustion and being on a cut. Nothing to be ashamed of there at all, especially with that brutal dip finish.

Today I just busted out some push ups, decline push ups and some odd gripped chin ups on the weird metal rings at work. Finished too late to get to the gym, so I just improvised. Tried a couple of v dips on the fat chrome hand rails that we have on the disabled ramp too... If they were angled a little narrower there would be a feasible workout right there.
        Thanks and thanks for your help!

Comment

• Squat: 315 x 5 x 3
          Dead Stop Rack Bench: 210 x 2 (f)
          Paused Bench: 210 x 3 x 2
          2-Count Paused Deadlift: 255 x 3 x 4

Had to upgrade the gym, so skipped weighted dips and chins. May do them Monday.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Squats top set: 180x13 with the belt! Love this thing man. Thanks RM for the recommendation! Coulda done more, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't suppose to do "breathing squats". Last 1 was grindy with only taking inhale and set between each rep. These felt great. I know I didn't "need" the belt with this weight, but I wanna start using it on my top working set each week so I'm use to it.

Leg press 5x15 WTF?! These 5 sets of accessory lifts are really burning me out. Freaking sore as hell from last workout and I'm sure this will be the same. Couldn't even do the GHR I had planned after this.

Comment

• You'll acclimate to the volume of the accessory work. Drop the weight a bit and ease into it.

Glad you like the belt. I did offer to paypal you the difference between the price of that one and the one you saw on Amazon if you weren't satisfied.

You'll get used to the volume. Maybe go a little lighter on the accessory stuff for a bit?
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Yeah, lighter is probably the key. I'm not really leaving much in the tank on the 15th rep of each set....basically its a close to 15 rep max.

No paypal needed man

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                  Yeah, lighter is probably the key. I'm not really leaving much in the tank on the 15th rep of each set....basically its a close to 15 rep max.

No paypal needed man
                  Yeah, too heavy dude. You should be able to bang out all your sets of assistance with short rest. In the words of Wendler himself, "Don't major in the minors"

Told you I wouldn't steer you wrong on the belt.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Finally managed to up my bloody Deadlift a little !

Deadlift-335 x 3, 315 x 3, 225 x 8
                    Leg Press- 360 x 8 stage reps, 540 x drop set
                    Sissy squat x 1 set holding a 35 lb plate
                    Leg ext x 1 set

Calves and triceps- didn't write it down.

Snap taken at the end of our session today.

Last edited by OldSchhool; 03-29-2014, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                      ]

Calves and triceps- didn't write it down.
                      Tricep? How the fudge they get thrown in there!?...... Ohhhh.... dip challenge right

Comment

• OHP: Top set 135x8 (probably a PR)....These where solid, but this was definitely concentric failure. There was no way of getting a ninth rep so I didn't even try.

Chins BWx10,10,10,8,8
                        Lat Raises 5x10-15

I did my accessories as supersets with one minute between sets today.

The compound lifts always like I'm back to doing HIT, probably cause nothing is challenging until that AMAP last set right now....then I do my accessory...lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                          OHP: Top set 135x8 (probably a PR)....These where solid, but this was definitely concentric failure. There was no way of getting a ninth rep so I didn't even try.
                          I think it's important to always try that rep that you know you won't get even if you only manage to raise it a few inches and continue pushing for a couple of seconds.

Comment

• Circuit training for 30 minutes and then 30 minutes of high intensity running

Comment

• Yesterday's actually looked pretty good on paper:

Squat: 5x5 @250 lbs
                              Bench: 5x5 @230 lbs
                              Deadlift: 1x5 @370 lbs
                              Accessory: arms & lateral raise

That last bench set was grindy, but not horribly so. And last night I hit my magnesium bottle like a cheap stripper hits the glitter spray.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                                like a cheap stripper hits the glitter spray.
                                Mmmmmmmmmm......glitter spray.

Top set DL 275x7 failed 8 ( happy now old school!). I had 8-9 as a goal. Lost it half way up though. Belt was kinda weird too. May take a bit of getting use to for DL. Or maybe just not use unless it's a real 3RM or heavier.

3x8 GHR
                                4x5 GHR
                                5x10 hanging leg raise

Comment

Working...
                                X