Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
    @Rich

That's not a bad workout on the whole for someone who's getting his ass kicked by exhaustion and being on a cut. Nothing to be ashamed of there at all, especially with that brutal dip finish.
    Well, the plan was not to get my ass kicked by exhaustion and being on a cut by dieting down slowly. I'm pretty much where I need to be now, about 5 lbs over the limit. I'm going to try to just maintain from here on out, throw a few more carby meals into the mix, and not IF every single day. 153.4 this morning and I weighed in after a cup of coffee.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Well, the plan was not to get my ass kicked by exhaustion and being on a cut by dieting down slowly. I'm pretty much where I need to be now, about 5 lbs over the limit. I'm going to try to just maintain from here on out, throw a few more carby meals into the mix, and not IF every single day. 153.4 this morning and I weighed in after a cup of coffee.
      nice. you need to hit 148, right? for the competition, do you weigh in first thing in the morning and then have some time before you lift?

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
        nice. you need to hit 148, right? for the competition, do you weigh in first thing in the morning and then have some time before you lift?
        I can actually drive down and weigh in the evening before, if I have to. As you know, I've never been a big cutter. Doesn't make sense to me.

If I set a "World" record (as silly as that is, each organization having its own), I will have to be re-weighed after the lift, but can be as heavy as the top of the next weight class up (165) and it still counts. This is to prevent excessive cutting. Is cutting from 165-148 not excessive? Jesus.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I can actually drive down and weigh in the evening before, if I have to. As you know, I've never been a big cutter. Doesn't make sense to me.

If I set a "World" record (as silly as that is, each organization having its own), I will have to be re-weighed after the lift, but can be as heavy as the top of the next weight class up (165) and it still counts. This is to prevent excessive cutting. Is cutting from 165-148 not excessive? Jesus.
          so you're basically there then. you could theoretically, drop the last few lbs of just water weight, weigh in the night before, and then eat a normal meal before bed and have a normal breakfast, stay hydrated, etc.

148-165 is insanely excessive. I mean, pro fighters do that kind of stuff though, so I guess it's possible.

Comment

• Going in with the plan of weighted dips, kroc rows, and cable crossovers today.

Edit:

Dips top set 225 (+60) x 12....shoulder/pec started to pull otherwise probably woulda gone for more

Pushups 5x15 only 45-60 sec rest between sets and the last set was rough.

Kroc rows 5x10 with 60lbs.
            Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-28-2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

so you're basically there then. you could theoretically, drop the last few lbs of just water weight, weigh in the night before, and then eat a normal meal before bed and have a normal breakfast, stay hydrated, etc.

148-165 is insanely excessive. I mean, pro fighters do that kind of stuff though, so I guess it's possible.
              Yeah, I mean they're not advocating cutting from 165 to make the 148 class, just allowing it. If you win your flight after weighing in at 148 and don't set a world record, they don't care if you weigh 225 when you actually make your lifts.

Lots of Federations don't ever re-weigh anyone. You make 148 the day before, you set a record, it's good. The right way would be 2 hour weigh-ins for everyone with re-weighings to ensure you're actually in the weight class if you set a record. But everybody wants records going up, which means making standards progressively looser. I'm mainly competing against myself, but it really becomes a question of whether it's a weight-lifting contest or a weight-cutting contest.

But yeah, 154 is my first-thing-in-the-a.m.-not-really-hydrated weight. I wouldn't mind being 152 or 151 instead, but with 6 weeks to fine tune, I'm definitely done with "weight loss mode."
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Yesterday evening. Only workout this week, because I have been sick.

Warmup
                Jumprope 200 jumps, then 20 DU, Shoulder stuff with pvc, 10 hindu pushups

LHT
                Deadlifts 225lb 3X7
                Farmer Walks 45# plates 3 rds of 3x back and forth across my shop. These are so hard for me.

Metcon
                Simple fit LVL 4 workout 3 (20-41-41). 4:59

Take today off, surf tomorrow!

Comment

Yeah, I mean they're not advocating cutting from 165 to make the 148 class, just allowing it. If you win your flight after weighing in at 148 and don't set a world record, they don't care if you weigh 225 when you actually make your lifts.

Lots of Federations don't ever re-weigh anyone. You make 148 the day before, you set a record, it's good. The right way would be 2 hour weigh-ins for everyone with re-weighings to ensure you're actually in the weight class if you set a record. But everybody wants records going up, which means making standards progressively looser. I'm mainly competing against myself, but it really becomes a question of whether it's a weight-lifting contest or a weight-cutting contest.

But yeah, 154 is my first-thing-in-the-a.m.-not-really-hydrated weight. I wouldn't mind being 152 or 151 instead, but with 6 weeks to fine tune, I'm definitely done with "weight loss mode."
                  I'm jealous. I'm smack in the middle of weight loss mode. It isnt terrible though. I just have to be mindful of portions and cut back on the mindless winter snacking. I'm down 5.5lbs in the month of march though. 192.5 to 187 today. I'll be back to ab status for the summer. Hopefully...

Comment

I'm jealous. I'm smack in the middle of weight loss mode. It isnt terrible though. I just have to be mindful of portions and cut back on the mindless winter snacking. I'm down 5.5lbs in the month of march though. 192.5 to 187 today. I'll be back to ab status for the summer. Hopefully...
                    Yeah, maintenance mode is definitely better than weight loss mode. I find it easier to eat to lose than to eat to gain, but my body really really likes to stick to a set-point and fights me regardless of whether I'm trying to go up or down. I just have to convince it that 154/3/2 is the new set-point, or I'll be back to 158 in a day.

I'm thinking you'll get down to about 180 and decide that's the magic number. I bet you added more muscle mass than you know.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I MADE WEIGHT FOR MY COMPETITION!!! So stoked! I'll keep you posted on how it goes tomorrow. Until then...I'll be feeding my face...

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                        I MADE WEIGHT FOR MY COMPETITION!!! So stoked! I'll keep you posted on how it goes tomorrow. Until then...I'll be feeding my face...
                        Good luck!

Comment

I MADE WEIGHT FOR MY COMPETITION!!! So stoked! I'll keep you posted on how it goes tomorrow. Until then...I'll be feeding my face...
                          You got this, bro! Gonna make the competition cry for sure.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Thanks for the encouragement!!

Comment

Kick some ass!

Comment

Good luck, I'll have my fingers crossed for you !

Comment

Working...
                                X