What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
    Breathing squats are the worst for DOMS. I would honestly rather let someone beat me in the quads with a baseball bat after a set of fivers because that would hurt less. Pushing a challenging 10 rep weight out to 20 is pure freaking torture.
    Lucky you! I pushed a 6-7 rep max out to a measly 10 reps and I'm still feeling it. Probably the decreased proteinz aren't helping.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Lucky you! I pushed a 6-7 rep max out to a measly 10 reps and I'm still feeling it. Probably the decreased proteinz aren't helping.

I picked up some magnesium oil about a week ago after a volume day. That stuff is like freaking black magic for muscle soreness for me. I'm a believer now.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• hmm, intrigued, might pick some up myself now

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          I picked up some magnesium oil about a week ago after a volume day. That stuff is like freaking black magic for muscle soreness for me. I'm a believer now.

Sent via lightsaber
          Thanks for the tip. I'll put my amazon order in 2 days before the next heavy session.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post

Sent via lightsaber
            Oh yeah...I got the magnesium chloride brine (oil). I like epsom salt baths too, but this oil is $10 for a bottle that lasts me forever! The salt is good for like 6 applications for the same price. No brainer. Only down side is the shit can burn if you are quite deficient....but the pain passes. I do a head to toe treatment with like 20+sprays sometimes. 66mg/4sprays and all.

Deadlifts:

Top set 260x11
            GHR 3x8 (I was toasted and couldn't do the full 5 sets...not stong enough at em yet)
            Hanging leg raise 3x10

Think I'm starting to get the technique on that GHR a bit better. Need more practice put the ole ass muscles are starting to fire . Everyone stand back! Bwahaha.

BTW...RM definitely a sick pull. Way too f'n smooth man! I've got less lofty goals of simply 405 DL and 315 Squat that I'm hoping 5/3/1 will help me to achieve. Thats like 70lbs more on each than what I can do now.
            Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-26-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Had some vacation time to burn so used rest of week. Forgot to turn the alarm off this morning so a early morning gym trip happened!

Bodyweight-155lbs

Front squat:
              135x6
              155x6
              160x3

RDL:
              135x6
              185x3
              215x3
              265x3

And then calf raise, bicep curls because I'm hopeful winter will eventually end in Ontario.

Comment

• 1. Front squats
                20 * 2 x 5
                40 * 2 x 5
                60 * 2 x 2
                70 * 1 x 2
                80 * 1 x 2
                90 * 1 x 2 (should be PR, but I am not sure)

2. Chestpress Machine
                25 * 1 x 5
                35 * 1 x 5
                45 * 1 x 5
                55 * 1 x 5
                65 * 1 x 5
                75 * 1 x 5
                85 * 1 x 6, 1 x 4, 1 x 2 (45 sec rest)
                75 * 1 x 6, 1 x 4, 1 x 2 (45 sec rest)

3. Seated machine rows
                50 * 1 x 6
                60 * 1 x 6
                70 * 1 x 6
                80 * 1 x 6
                90 * 1 x 6
                100 * 3 x 6 (60 sec rest)

Holy shit did my quads burn today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post

Deadlifts:

Top set 260x11
                  GHR 3x8 (I was toasted and couldn't do the full 5 sets...not stong enough at em yet)
                  Hanging leg raise 3x10

Think I'm starting to get the technique on that GHR a bit better. Need more practice put the ole ass muscles are starting to fire . Everyone stand back! Bwahaha.

I've got less lofty goals of simply 405 DL and 315 Squat that I'm hoping 5/3/1 will help me to achieve. Thats like 70lbs more on each than what I can do now.
                  I bet you're closer to both of those goals than you think. 260 x 11 doesn't sound like one bit of fun. Did you alternate a grip or do them double overhand?
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    I bet you're closer to both of those goals than you think. 260 x 11 doesn't sound like one bit of fun. Did you alternate a grip or do them double overhand?
                    first 8 double overhand then switched it to alternate (weak hand supine) grip for the last three. Made it as quick a switch as I could...grip was definitely failing though after eight.

Comment

• This crowd is lifting some serious weight! Nice work everyone.

hour of bootcamp class for me today which included

burpees
                      Stair sprints
                      pushups
                      Jumping rope
                      Running lightnings in gym
                      pull ups (like reverse pushup from laying on ground)
                      kettle bell swings
                      squat jumps

Hour of hell really, but yet feels so good

Comment

• half hour on the treadmill with a few sprints. A couple of them at the "15" incline to simulate some hills I guess.

Comment

• 150 lb squat 5x5. I started at 65lb over a month ago and now its starting to get heavy but I feel my form is getting better and I'm getting stronger

Comment

• Just got home from Trufit Health in Denver.
                            1 set to failure each of:
                            Horizontal row
                            Chest press
                            Lat pulldown
                            Low back Medex
                            Leg press

Totally toasted. Body by science/superslow style the weight just keeps on climbing, one year later.

Doc Jim
                            10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
                            Now: low 150's, 33" waist
                            Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

Comment

• Crap workout today. Was tired, sore, and underfed.

Power Cleans: 147.5 x 3 x 5
                              Front Squats: 220 x 3 x 5
                              Press:
                              172.5 x 0 x 3 (yeah, I tried 3 times)
                              150 x 3 x 2 (grindy, may have push pressed 1 rep in there)
                              135 x 4 (f)
                              135 x 2 (the 1 I missed and 1 "debt rep")

Chin-ups: 3 x 14
                              Dips: 3 x 21 (last set sucked hard)

154.6 this a.m.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by guitarfan85 View Post
                                150 lb squat 5x5. I started at 65lb over a month ago and now its starting to get heavy but I feel my form is getting better and I'm getting stronger
                                That's the shit. Keep it going.

@Rich

That's not a bad workout on the whole for someone who's getting his ass kicked by exhaustion and being on a cut. Nothing to be ashamed of there at all, especially with that brutal dip finish.

Today I just busted out some push ups, decline push ups and some odd gripped chin ups on the weird metal rings at work. Finished too late to get to the gym, so I just improvised. Tried a couple of v dips on the fat chrome hand rails that we have on the disabled ramp too... If they were angled a little narrower there would be a feasible workout right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X