Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by AdamC29 View Post
    Squats 6-8 x 4 at 90/95 KG - do a couple of warm up sets first - Do I just make this simple and go back to 5x5
    Some of us like 3 x 5 better than 5 x 5. The important thing, though, is progressive overload. You'd add weight to the bar each time, right?
    The Champagne of Beards

    Comment


    • Deadlift-335 x 3
      Deadlift-315 x3
      RDL-225 x 8
      Leg Press-360 x 14
      Leg Press-500 x 8
      Leg Press( Bottom portion only ) 230 x 12

      Leg Ext X 2 sets

      Pushdowns x 3 sets
      Seated D Ext-90 x 6
      Seated D Ext-90 x 6
      Seated D Ext-75 x 8

      Some calves.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
        Deadlift-335 x 3
        Deadlift-315 x3
        RDL-225 x 8
        Leg Press-360 x 14
        Leg Press-500 x 8
        Leg Press( Bottom portion only ) 230 x 12

        Leg Ext X 2 sets

        Pushdowns x 3 sets
        Seated D Ext-90 x 6
        Seated D Ext-90 x 6
        Seated D Ext-75 x 8

        Some calves.
        Sold work, on the deadlifts and RDL's, bro. What's Seated D Ext?

        My day looked like this:

        Power Cleans: 145 x 3 x 5

        Chin-ups (unweighted): 3 x 13

        Front Squat: 215 x 3 x 5

        Press:
        137.5 x 5
        145 x 5
        152.5 x 4 (dammit!)
        152.5 x 2 (the one I missed, plus one penalty rep)
        135 x 5 (damn was I cooked)

        Dips (unweighted): 3 x 20
        The Champagne of Beards

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Sold work, on the deadlifts and RDL's, bro. What's Seated D Ext?

          My day looked like this:

          Power Cleans: 145 x 3 x 5

          Chin-ups (unweighted): 3 x 13

          Front Squat: 215 x 3 x 5

          Press:
          137.5 x 5
          145 x 5
          152.5 x 4 (dammit!)
          152.5 x 2 (the one I missed, plus one penalty rep)
          135 x 5 (damn was I cooked)

          Dips (unweighted): 3 x 20
          These:



          You didn't go for the dip challenge today then ? I'm gonna have another go at it on Saturday.

          Comment


          • Oh, gotcha. Thanks. I've done those, just didn't connect the name to the thing.

            Saturday morning is my weighted dips day. Today was just a warm-up!
            The Champagne of Beards

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Oh, gotcha. Thanks. I've done those, just didn't connect the name to the thing.

              Saturday morning is my weighted dips day. Today was just a warm-up!
              Good to hear.

              Comment


              • Worked out at home this morning before heading out:

                Warmup#1 was the Kettlebell "Butt-Blaster 4000 " (love that name):
                1-5 and back down of:
                Bulgarian Goatbag Squats
                Goblet Squats

                Warmup #2 was the following - 1 time through, as fast as possible
                30 TRX Rows
                30 TRX Full Extensions (hips to ground, explode into full extension)
                30 TRX Crunches
                30 TRX Squat Jumps

                Then the following:
                15 kettlebell swings between each round, no change of number

                10 -1 descending pyramid of:

                TRX presses
                KB Goblet Squats
                KB bent-over rows

                I also did some practice with the 1-armed snatch, but I've a ways to go with that one - working on shoulder stability. I use my lightest KB for that work.

                It was nice way to start out a stressful day! I alternated between regular and single arm swings for the 15 swings between each round. I am working to build up my strength so I can do SA swings with the 14 KG KB. When I can do that comfortably then I know I can clean that weight safely. I CAN clean the 14 KG, but it is a bit too heavy so I need to do more work with that weight. Goblet squats or anything else below the shoulder isn't a problem.
                Last edited by Catrin; 03-21-2014, 08:38 AM.

                Comment


                • Zgym ~ Zshred #12 - a beast of a workout. 25 minutes of grueling weighted burpees, jump tucks, reverse lunges, three point plank jumps . . . I sweat like mad. But it was good. And it's over!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Catrin View Post
                    It was nice way to start out a stressful day!
                    NICE WORK!! Goblet squats are the TRUTH! Love and hate them!

                    Comment


                    • Just deadlifts today. Last day to work them cause I'll be resting all next week before the competition (a week from tomorrow). I decided to just compete in deadlift instead of full power. Since it's my first meet, I feel psychologically better about that. Anyway..:

                      185/3, 205/3, 225/3, 245/3, 265/3, 285/, 305/3 (major PR)

                      8 weeks ago my 1RM was 300!! I could almost cry after pulling 305 for 3 after all that other work!! PLUS I've lost 6lbs in the last 3 weeks!! #lovinmybodyrightnow #hallelujah

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                        Just deadlifts today. Last day to work them cause I'll be resting all next week before the competition (a week from tomorrow). I decided to just compete in deadlift instead of full power. Since it's my first meet, I feel psychologically better about that. Anyway..:

                        185/3, 205/3, 225/3, 245/3, 265/3, 285/, 305/3 (major PR)

                        8 weeks ago my 1RM was 300!! I could almost cry after pulling 305 for 3 after all that other work!! PLUS I've lost 6lbs in the last 3 weeks!! #lovinmybodyrightnow #hallelujah
                        305 x 3?!? Seriously bad-ass, Eden!

                        I just looked up the records for the (amateur division) meet I'm entering. Assuming they're actually up to date, if I hit my goal lifts, I'll take the record for squat, deadlift, and total. I'm guessing the guy with the bench record is a huge dude with tiny legs. A 370 raw bench at 148?!
                        The Champagne of Beards

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          305 x 3?!? Seriously bad-ass, Eden!

                          I just looked up the records for the (amateur division) meet I'm entering. Assuming they're actually up to date, if I hit my goal lifts, I'll take the record for squat, deadlift, and total. I'm guessing the guy with the bench record is a huge dude with tiny legs. A 370 raw bench at 148?!
                          Yo, I am so excited for you!! You're gonna kill it! Stay healthy until then, though. Rest as needed. I felt so worn this week - took 1 lifting day off and feel so much better.

                          And 370 bench at that weight? Um, maybe it's a typo?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                            Yo, I am so excited for you!! You're gonna kill it! Stay healthy until then, though. Rest as needed. I felt so worn this week - took 1 lifting day off and feel so much better.

                            And 370 bench at that weight? Um, maybe it's a typo?
                            You're excited for me? You're gonna smash like 350 or something at your competition. I'm stoked for you.

                            I never thought about a typo. 270 would make much more sense.
                            The Champagne of Beards

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                              Just deadlifts today. Last day to work them cause I'll be resting all next week before the competition (a week from tomorrow). I decided to just compete in deadlift instead of full power. Since it's my first meet, I feel psychologically better about that. Anyway..:

                              185/3, 205/3, 225/3, 245/3, 265/3, 285/, 305/3 (major PR)

                              8 weeks ago my 1RM was 300!! I could almost cry after pulling 305 for 3 after all that other work!! PLUS I've lost 6lbs in the last 3 weeks!! #lovinmybodyrightnow #hallelujah
                              Holy Sh!t, that is impressive!!

                              I'm glad you don't work out in my gym so I can hold on to the title of bad-ass woman lifter

                              Guess I can add my workout while I'm here:

                              Squats:
                              95 x 10, 115 x 7, 135 x 5, 155 x 5, 165 x 3
                              Deadlifts
                              135 x 10 x 2, 155 x 10, 185 x 5, 205 x 5, 225 x 3
                              Last edited by Stacy15; 03-21-2014, 01:19 PM.

                              Comment


                              • 500 rope skips
                                Alternating back and forth with little rest:
                                12 BW chins
                                15 BW dips
                                8 +45 chins
                                8 +45 dips
                                10 BW wide grip pullups
                                12 BW dips
                                8 BW neutral grip pullups
                                10 BW dips
                                5 BW wide neutral grip pullups
                                9 BW dips

                                Feeling the pump

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X