Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
    Ooo...this sounds good!
    They work best as singles. You really want to at least take your hands off the bar, shake your arms out, and re-set every rep. I've been doing 8 on a 30 second clock, but I may have to go a little longer between them if I want the weight to keep going up.

For reference, I have benched 245 touch-and-go recently. I dead-stopped 200 last week and it was right at the limit of my abilities.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      It does indeed. That's the best calculator there is, but it only gives you 1 week's worth of lifts. Remember to add 10/5 lbs to your training maxes every week, not your lifts.
      I hope you mean month....otherwise I don't think I should do this program....I'm really looking to just tone up. I don't wanna accidentally get too big

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        I hope you mean month....otherwise I don't think I should do this program....I'm really looking to just tone up. I don't wanna accidentally get too big
        you should borrow mr. anthony's tug toner. that should work perfectly for your goals

Comment

Yeah, month. Cycle, technically. You'll get so toned dude. Are you gonna do BBB assistance protocol? That's my current plan for after the meet.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
            you should borrow mr. anthony's tug toner. that should work perfectly for your goals
            Sweet! So do I use this as an accessory lift or does it replace squats and deadlifts in 5/3/1.....hmmm I better e-mail Wendler on this one.

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            Yeah, month. Cycle, technically. You'll get so toned dude. Are you gonna do BBB assistance protocol? That's my current plan for after the meet.
            Honestly that just looked painfully high in volume of the 4 main lifts for 4x/week lol. I'm probably gonna do a variation on the triumverant with 1 core lift and 2 accessories per workout. One thing is I'm definitely working in some glute ham raises on this as an accessory. Did em today and they are killer. I'd like to get pretty good with these. Might replace good mornings with em.

Oh, and I'm gonna continue the skip rope/stretch/sprinting of the Dont be a Vag program too
            Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-20-2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, 5/3/1 BBB is kind of the anti-HIT. If I go that way after the meet, I'd do the rotating 3 days/week, 1 main lift per day, BBB assistance for the main lift, then probably chins on bench day, GM's on squat day, some kind of row on deadlift day, and curls on press day. Because curls.

GHR's are awesome. Make sure you start each one with a back extension.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Todays work:

Rope x 500 with variations
                Deadlift 3x235x5
                Glut/Ham Raise 3x5 (BW vampire style)
                Ab wheel 1x5 from feet and 2x10 from knees

No need to get crazy it the deadlift. I've got a recent real max to use. Those GHR feel funky as hell, but I wanna get good at em so I'm gonna put em in the program!

Comment

Deadlift 3x235x5
                  Interesting notation. I use sets x reps, except when immediately preceded by weight

3 x 5 (3 sets of 5)
                  235 x 5 x 3 or 3 x 5 x 235

Your way probably makes more sense.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

GHR's are awesome. Make sure you start each one with a back extension.
                    Yup thats how I did em today and I've gotta fiddle to get the machine to the right settings, but I liked (or hated...) em a lot.

Comment

Interesting notation. I use sets x reps, except when immediately preceded by weight

3 x 5 (3 sets of 5)
                      235 x 5 x 3 or 3 x 5 x 235

Your way probably makes more sense.
                      lmao....I'm almost always able to discern what you guys mean you did, but I was never sure what the "proper" style was. So for myself I write it all out each set and rep...but to post on here I mangle it.

Comment

Sweet! So do I use this as an accessory lift or does it replace squats and deadlifts in 5/3/1.....hmmm I better e-mail Wendler on this one.
                        have you seen that thing? it replaces EVERYTHING!!

Comment

• Today:
                          Hour of Insanity - My friend teaches and has been begging me to try it out claiming YOU WILL LOVE IT! I didn't. All I wanted to do was get back to my weights, but I did it.

Then,
                          pull-ups (assisted) 8x4
                          dips 5x3
                          hanging leg raises 20x3

Comment

• Right time to make myself accountable and happy to get some input. Was doing a fairly simple routine based on Stronglifts and then upped my reps for a bit just for something different.

I usually do at least 2 days at the gym and a sprint session either after my workout or at the park near work:

My typical week currently looks like this:

Monday or Tuesday (fasted training at 4pm):

Squats 6-8 x 4 at 90/95 KG - do a couple of warm up sets first - Do I just make this simple and go back to 5x5
                            DB Press (3x 8-10 at 26KG) - my shoulder seem to struggle with bench press
                            Slow Press ups
                            DB incline
                            Deadlifts - 2/3 sets of 5 at about 100-120KG. Focus on form and done as individuals.

Thursday or Friday (fasted training at 4pm - sometimes I will have lunch)
                            Squat - same as above and try to add some weight every week
                            DB shoulder press - 3x8 at 20KG
                            DB and Machines Rows
                            Pull Ups
                            Few arm exercises
                            Sprints (If I haven't done seperately).

At Weekends I try to play some golf or going for long walks when the weather allows.

Eating is not too bad but usually gets better in the Summer - thats the hope anyway.

If I chuck in a third weights session I will sometimes do a full body routine and do higher reps/interval type training and sometimes chuck in some tabata work.

As said above, comments appreciated. Basically just looking for a simple no brainer routine which promotes health, energy and decent strength
                            2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

• By the way I am currently sitting at about 87KG now rather than 77KG.
                              2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

• Little bit lighter workout today.

Stiff legged deads
                                20 x 10, 40 x 5, 60 x 3, 80 x 3, 100 x 3, 110 x 3
                                100 * 4 x 4 (4 reps x 4 sets)

Flat bench press
                                20 x 10, 40 x 5, 50 x 2, 60 x 2, 70 x 2, 80 x 2
                                72.5 * 5 x 3

Chinups/Pulldowns
                                BW x 3, +5 x 3, +10 x 3
                                BW * 5, 5 (then switched to pulldowns, back was tight as hell)
                                80 x 4, 3, 2 (with 20 sec rest without failure)

Scottcurls machine
                                20 x 10, 30 x 5
                                40 * 4 x 5

Comment

Working...
                                X