What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
    Short training session. Had to run home to the kids sooner than I'd thought...

Squats (lbs):
    95x5
    105x5
    115x5
    125x5
    135x5
    145x5
    155x5
    165x5
    175x5

I could go in tomorrow to complete the accessory work I didn't get to today. I don't know. Kinda on the fence. We'll see...
    That's some squatting! Do you always ramp the weights this way?
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Heading to the gym early this morning so that I can spend the rest of the day properly celebrating half of my heritage.

Gonna get some dips in. Going to try to do 100lbs for X reps. Since they changed the station though...if they feel funky I'll just rep out bodyweight or +45lbs and post in the dip thread.

Also going to hit some moderate weight deadlift variations. Then whatever accessory work I'm up to.

Oh, just ordered a lifting belt today too. Haven't used one since college, and according to what I have learned now (mostly here) the kind I had sucked anyhow. So I ordered a proper leather 4" all the way round belt. Hopefully this will help me keep the back in order as I continue to squat. I read this article someone posted before http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/less...-use-them.html . For DL I think someone mentioned changing the angle of the belt in front or something though?
      Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-15-2014, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• Yesterday (deviated from SS for a couple weeks due to inconsistent access to a gym):

oly work
        -deficit snatches @40kg
        -deficit squat cleans @50kg
        -split jerks @50kg

Heavy leg work
        SQUATS
        -45x5-95x5-135x5 warmup
        -185x5 3 sets
        -190-195x3 3sets
        -200-210x1 3 sets
        -135# front pause squatsx7 2 sets

-leg press 150-310 slow and steady with pause and holds
        -leg extension 70-100 slow with pauses
        -leg curl slow w/ pauses

foam rolling
        ab roller

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
          Heading to the gym early this morning so that I can spend the rest of the day properly celebrating half of my heritage.

Gonna get some dips in. Going to try to do 100lbs for X reps. Since they changed the station though...if they feel funky I'll just rep out bodyweight or +45lbs and post in the dip thread.

Also going to hit some moderate weight deadlift variations. Then whatever accessory work I'm up to.

Oh, just ordered a lifting belt today too. Haven't used one since college, and according to what I have learned now (mostly here) the kind I had sucked anyhow. So I ordered a proper leather 4" all the way round belt. Hopefully this will help me keep the back in order as I continue to squat. I read this article someone posted before Bodybuilding.com - Lessons In Weight Belts: How And Why To Use Them . For DL I think someone mentioned changing the angle of the belt in front or something though?
          I hope you ordered from Dean and Judy Best at Bestbelts.net.

For deadlifts, you might want to tuck it under your gut (even if you don't have a gut) in the front, which will raise it a little higher in the back. This will be sort of intuitive.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            That's some squatting! Do you always ramp the weights this way?
            Thank you! No, I don't usually do this. It was a bit of a competition/activity sort of. I was working out with 2 other ladies on my powerlifting team. The goal was to start at 95lbs, do 5 reps and then climb by 10lbs and see how high you can go. I had a smaller workout window than I usually do and had to run home and be with the niņos so hubby could get to work on time. I'm actually pissed because I know I had 2-3 more sets in me!! It burned me up to leave, knowing those ladies were gonna keep going! Gggrrr....👊💪😉

Why do you ask?

Comment

For deadlifts, you might want to tuck it under your gut (even if you don't have a gut) in the front, which will raise it a little higher in the back. This will be sort of intuitive.
              I just bought my own too! I didn't know about this site. 😞

Comment

• I was just curious. Seemed like a good way to fatigue yourself before your truly heavy sets. But it sounds like a fun challenge.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I Seemed like a good way to fatigue yourself before your truly heavy sets.
                  Exactly what I thought

Comment

• 500 KB Swing workout today after an appropriate warmup:

5 Rounds of:

5/5 alternating swings, 2 TRX Vertical Pulls
                    10/10 alternating swings, 4 KB Goblet Squats
                    15/15 alternating swings, 6 TRX Rows
                    20/20 alternating swings, up to a 2 minute rest before starting again at the top

This is my second time for this particular workout with a moving time of 25:10 minutes - it took about 40 seconds longer than last time but I am not going to complain about that. Total time, including resting time, was 33 minutes even. I don't think that is too bad for an old broad ;-) I used a 12 KG KB for this workout. LAST time I started with a 14KG, but after 300 swings I had to drop down to a 12KG, so I just started there this time. The point is to finish!
                    Last edited by Catrin; 03-15-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

• "medium" squat:
                      305 x 5 x 3

Baker bench press(Dead stop bench from pins):
                      200 x 1 x 8 on 0:30

2-count paused deadlift:
                      245 x 3 x 4

Dips:
                      100 lbs x 7,3,3

Chins:
                      50 lbs x 6,6,5
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Bah, guess I shoulda posted here first to find a good supplier. I figured at my modest weights just grabbing anything that was straight up leather would do the trick. I got this one actually Amazon.com: Leather Power Weight Lifting Belt- 4" Black (Medium): Sports & Outdoors

My lifts today:

Sumo dead lifts with double over grip: 275x5, 225x8, 225x6
                        Dips: 70x8, 45x8, BWx20, BWx12, BWx10
                        Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-15-2014, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Cancel that order! Trust me. That thing will take forever to break in before you can even make good use of it. This is a case of "buy nice, don't buy twice"

Nobody beats Dean & Judy for customer service. And they custom make every belt when you order it.

and get a single-prong.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Cancel that order! Trust me. That thing will take forever to break in before you can even make good use of it. This is a case of "buy nice, don't buy twice"

Nobody beats Dean & Judy for customer service. And they custom make every belt when you order it.

and get a single-prong.
                            Alright man. I'll trust your experience here . Order cancelled and I'm going to bestbelts.net. Looks to be about twice the price, but I'm not so worried about that if it does the job better.

Final question 3" or 4" there? I was guessing 4" seemed to be the standard...however I'm not a huge guy.... 5'9" when I'm fully hydrated . Maybe the 3" would be the better fit?
                            Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-15-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• I have a 4", (in rust) and it's perfect for squats, but I can't deadlift in it. Then again, I'm a few inches shorter than you, and I'm high-hipped. I'd love to have a 3 as well, but I'd still want the 4 for squats. 4 is kind of the default.

If you don't think the Bestbelt is worth the extra money, I'll Paypal you the difference. I think quikky and Jefferson have the brown color (chocolate?). But you should get lime green or something.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Neck, Best Belt has excellent quality. They are definitely worth the money. I'm about 6'1", 200+ lb, and have a 4" belt. It feels GREAT for squats. It's a little trickier for deadlifts. I need to wear it fairly high for it to be comfortable, but it does help. I can't really say whether a 3" or 4" would be better for you.
                                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Working...
                                X