Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Reventon, did you just accuse me of having thigh gap? I consider you a friend, but them's fightin' words!
    The Champagne of Beards

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Skinny-fat? I was going for skinny-fat.
      definitely skinny fat

      Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Reventon, did you just accuse me of having thigh gap? I consider you a friend, but them's fightin' words!
      haha. thigh gap. whatever you do, don't post speedo pics. I don't need to see the thigh gap or lack thereof. EVER

      Comment


      • Not to worry, NOTR. That would require spray-tanning, leg hair removal, and a whole bunch of other silly bodybuilder stuff that I'm not remotely interested in.

        To get the thread back on track: Tomorrow I try to overhead press 170 lbs. I've pressed it before, but not at such light bodyweight. It will be 12+ pounds over my bodyweight.
        The Champagne of Beards

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post

          To get the thread back on track: Tomorrow I try to overhead press 170 lbs. I've pressed it before, but not at such light bodyweight. It will be 12+ pounds over my bodyweight.
          How wide is your grip on these? I do well with my pinkies just touching the...little...line thingies on the barbell (it's early; brain isn't on yet), but I think I can go a bit more narrow on my heavy ones, maybe.

          Sent via lightsaber

          Comment


          • I am quite a bit narrower than that. In the interest of full disclosure, I do the old olympic-style of press, with knees locked, but hip english and a bit of layback, not a "strict" press.

            My pointers are in the smooth and my other 3 fingers in the knurl. Then again, I am a short guy with narrow shoulders. You'd probably want to be just on the knurl with your whole hand if you were going to do these the same way I do.
            The Champagne of Beards

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Not to worry, NOTR. That would require spray-tanning, leg hair removal, and a whole bunch of other silly bodybuilder stuff that I'm not remotely interested in.

              To get the thread back on track: Tomorrow I try to overhead press 170 lbs. I've pressed it before, but not at such light bodyweight. It will be 12+ pounds over my bodyweight.

              it's funny. I was just commenting on another forum that I was undertaking a bodyweight workout experiment and that obviously involves handstand pushups. well, I don't usually overhead press my bodyweight or heavier these days due to old shoulder issues. i'd been doing some landmine presses for a while, and they felt great. so last week was my first go at a hspu in quite a while. and they went pretty well. not as many reps as i'd expected, but not bad nonetheless. and the shoulders feel good. week 2 of the experiment, and all is going well.

              Comment


              • Oh, I call those "the powerlifting marks"

                I think I picked up that habit on a strength training forum, so it's probably right. I think this is the maximum grip width you can legally use on bench press in a powerlifting meet.
                The Champagne of Beards

                Comment


                • Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                  not as many reps as i'd expected
                  What do you expect when you weight 190 lbs?!?! You're huge, bro. HSPU's are a little fella exercise.
                  The Champagne of Beards

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    What do you expect when you weight 190 lbs?!?! You're huge, bro. HSPU's are a little fella exercise.
                    189 today. I actually maxed out at 192 about 2 weeks ago.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                      189 today. I actually maxed out at 192 about 2 weeks ago.
                      Hyoooooge. I am in the 157's. Remember last Feb when I got down to 142 for the fight that wasn't? I don't think I could do that again.
                      The Champagne of Beards

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        Hyoooooge. I am in the 157's. Remember last Feb when I got down to 142 for the fight that wasn't? I don't think I could do that again.
                        i'll probably be 175-178 or so once i lean out. i definitely added some muscle mass over the winter

                        yeah. 142 was super lean for you. you've added a lot of muscle mass in a year though.

                        the fight that never was...that whole situation got stupid really fast

                        Comment


                        • I don't think you'll get that low. I bet you have more muscle mass under there than you planned on. I bet you'd have to get pretty shredded to get down to 175. I'm saying 183-6 range is your comfortable/lean summer spot now.

                          Yeah, I have a long history of last-minute opponent changes and shenanigans, but what irked me was that I found out from the interwebz, not the promoter. He thought it would be okay if I showed up on the day of the fight and fought a different opponent than I'd been preparing for in a different weight class.

                          I'm pretty darn close now to as lean as I was at 142 a year ago. So that would mean I've put on (very roughly) 15 lbs of muscle mass in 1 year. One more year at that rate would make me very happy. Unless that damn law of diminishing returns gets me.
                          The Champagne of Beards

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            I don't think you'll get that low. I bet you have more muscle mass under there than you planned on. I bet you'd have to get pretty shredded to get down to 175. I'm saying 183-6 range is your comfortable/lean summer spot now.

                            Yeah, I have a long history of last-minute opponent changes and shenanigans, but what irked me was that I found out from the interwebz, not the promoter. He thought it would be okay if I showed up on the day of the fight and fought a different opponent than I'd been preparing for in a different weight class.

                            I'm pretty darn close now to as lean as I was at 142 a year ago. So that would mean I've put on (very roughly) 15 lbs of muscle mass in 1 year. One more year at that rate would make me very happy. Unless that damn law of diminishing returns gets me.
                            i guess we'll see. i pretty much lost my abs entirely. the top 2 are starting to peak through. i bet 10lbs to a solid 4 pack though. definitely more for a sixer. last summer i had a weak sixer at 170-171. i'd be happy to have gained 5lbs of muscle in 5 months. i definitely ate a caloric surplus. no denying that

                            you've definitely put on a solid amount of muscle in the past year. it's very obvious in person.

                            yeah, that bothered me about your last fight too. the fact that he didn't even call you or anything.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Where'd my secret admirer go? I took another photo for his spank bank:

                              Not too bad, though nothing to brag about. Some more bulk and some more cuts and you're there. Think I read you're 157 pounds. How tall are you, 5' 5"/5' 6"?

                              Btw, your room is a mess.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by RichM0hagany View Post
                                you're not exactly ripped (understatement)
                                Originally posted by RichM0hagany View Post
                                Not too bad, though nothing to brag about.
                                I wouldn't dare to ask exactly what your body composition is like. I think we all know.

                                Originally posted by RichM0hagany View Post
                                Some more bulk and some more cuts and you're there. Think I read you're 157 pounds. How tall are you, 5' 5"/5' 6"?
                                Yeah, 5'6 and change. Did you give up on calling me fat and decide to call me short? Guilty as charged. Oh man, you got me good there.

                                Originally posted by RichM0hagany View Post
                                Btw, your room is a mess.
                                It's not actually. Thanks for sharing your opinions though. We all find them very useful and entertaining.
                                The Champagne of Beards

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X