What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Thanks, guys. I keep re-watching the video to see if I really hit parallel. I think I got there but the camera angle makes it hard to tell.

Good eye for the hands. Doing my shoulder dislocations consistently for a while was apparently the ticket. I'm several inches closer than I was before, and this seems to have mostly solved the squatmornings issue.
    I'm pretty certain you did. Low angling the camera skews the creases to your eyeline. My guess is that with a level side on view you'd be half an inch to an inch below.

Glad to hear the dislocations are doing good work for you. I constantly use them and band work for mobibilty and scapula mobilization... Definitely notice the difference. My upper back feels way better than a couple of months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
      Nice PR's, Rich!
      Thanks man, I gotta set a new PR every week or 2 to keep you from blowing past me!

Originally posted by Reventon View Post
      I'm pretty certain you did. Low angling the camera skews the creases to your eyeline. My guess is that with a level side on view you'd be half an inch to an inch below.
      Thanks, hard to be objective about your own squats, and I'm my harshest critic sometimes. I felt like it was there, both my lifting partners said it was there, and I've always been one to err on the side of too deep, but I definitely don't want to over-correct and end up getting red-lighted for depth.

Originally posted by Reventon View Post
      Glad to hear the dislocations are doing good work for you. I constantly use them and band work for mobibilty and scapula mobilization... Definitely notice the difference. My upper back feels way better than a couple of months ago.
      It was actually weird how well it worked for me and how quickly this time. Have messed with them in the past with no luck. This time it was like a magic elixir. Glad you had success with them too.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
        Good work and nice rump!!

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
        Lol...that sounds too much like 30BAD logic to me

So far so good. I'm taking it really slow with progression. Sucks cause I would love to thro at least 225 on the bar and go for 5. Instead I'm gonna keep my ego in check and try my damndest to make that weak link stronger!
        225 is so much closer than you think. Just keep progressing, no matter the increments. In fact, slower will probably let you go longer before hitting a limit.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Poor form. You're lucky your back didn't snap leaning forward like that! Please be more careful. Form is more important than weight. Check your ego at the door and your back will thank you. Same goes for all other body parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichM0hagany View Post
            Poor form. You're lucky your back didn't snap leaning forward like that! Please be more careful. Form is more important than weight. Check your ego at the door and your back will thank you. Same goes for all other body parts.
            Spoken like a weak person!
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Aha! You're the evil twin!
              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                Aha! You're the evil twin!
                He definitely has a goatee.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Trust me. Work on your form, at least for the sake of your back. It's like taking a dumbbell and throwing your back around so you can do a few heavy curls. Who's fooling who? I see it all the time at the gym. They think it looks cool, but is it really? Just think about it.

Comment

• You do realize this was a PR single, correct? Please enlighten me as to exactly what my back is in danger of.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

You do realize this was a PR single, correct? Please enlighten me as to exactly what my back is in danger of.
                      Well, what is any muscle in danger of when poor form is in place of proper form? From pulling a muscle to causing a back spasm, it's not a happy list. Next thing you know, you injure yourself, your workouts must stop (most workouts connect to the back in some form or another), then you're waiting for it to heal, as you become more obese. Based on your videos, you're not exactly ripped (understatement), so I doubt the time away from your workouts will do your tummy well. It's all common sense really.

Comment

• Looked like a good low bar squat to me

Comment

Well, what is any muscle in danger of when poor form is in place of proper form? From pulling a muscle to causing a back spasm, it's not a happy list. Next thing you know, you injure yourself, your workouts must stop (most workouts connect to the back in some form or another), then you're waiting for it to heal, as you become more obese. Based on your videos, you're not exactly ripped (understatement), so I doubt the time away from your workouts will do your tummy well. It's all common sense really.
                          Wait, the troll is calling me fat now?

Troll Richmahogany, please elaborate on what's so poor about my form. And how this will cause a back injury.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Wait, the troll is calling me fat now?

Troll Richmahogany, please elaborate on what's so poor about my form. And how this will cause a back injury.
                            How more obvious can it be? Look at your forward leaning, off balance at points while bent over. It's a just a mess. Better yet, ignore my view and keep doing as you are. I promise I won't tell you I told you so. Also, you're not fat but you have some to lose for sure. Don't stay in the silly "bulk mode" forever. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy which will never end. You should just focus on ripping at this point. The bulk is there.

Comment

How more obvious can it be? Look at your forward leaning, off balance at points while bent over. It's a just a mess. Better yet, ignore my view and keep doing as you are. I promise I won't tell you I told you so. Also, you're not fat but you have some to lose for sure. Don't stay in the silly "bulk mode" forever. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy which will never end. You should just focus on ripping at this point. The bulk is there.
                              You either have a poor understanding of squat mechanics, physics, or both. The bar is over my mid-foot, and the angle at which I lean forward at the hips is exactly as much forward lean as is necessary to keep the bar there. If it were anywhere else, I'd fall over, especially since, in this case, the barbell weights 2.4x as much as I do. Most of the very heavy squats in the history of barbells have been done in this manner, particularly raw ones.

In short: thanks for proving definitively that you are not entitled to an opinion on the matter.

I actually like the way I look much better when I am bulking and get my bodyfat up to about 16%. I feel like I'm too skinny right now. Glad to hear you don't think I look too gaunt.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Looks like a good low bar squat to me. Oh wait, did I say that already?

Comment

Working...
                                X