• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 rounds of:

50 meter 45-lb KB Farmers Carry
    50 meter broad jump burpees
    50 meter sprint
    50 meter KB lunges (22 lbs)

Unashamed to say that this was a butt-kicking! My goal was 5 rounds, but ran out of time on my lunch break. Don't really think I had 2 more full rounds in me anyway.
    Last edited by Catrin; 03-07-2014, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Chest and Back Day:

Bench Press/Pull-up Supersets - 5 sets - increase weight (maxed out at 245 lbs for 4 reps) and decreasing reps on BP and body weight 5 X 10 reps on Pull-ups.

Incline DB Press/Bent-over rows Supersers - 5 Sets X 12, 10, 8, 6, 6 - Maxed out at 70 lbs DB Incline Presses, Maxed out at 185 lbs on bent-over rows

Dips and Seated rows Supersets - 4 X 12
      Supine Laterals and One Arm DB Rows - 4 X10
      Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• Wasn't feelin it today. Did what I did and was happy to leave early. ;-)

Squat: 180/5, 190/3, 210/3

Complex (2 rounds)
        TRX rows
        Squats 95/10
        OHPP: 65/10
        Suicides

Comment

• Originally posted by Catrin View Post
          3 rounds of:

50 meter 45-lb KB Farmers Carry
          50 meter broad jump burpees
          50 meter sprint
          50 meter KB lunges (22 lbs)

Unashamed to say that this was a butt-kicking! My goal was 5 rounds, but ran out of time on my lunch break. Don't really think I had 2 more full rounds in me anyway.
          That sounds like a butt-kicking!!

Comment

• HIT big five plus some accessory work.

Comment

• I was supposed to go for a run, but I messed up a bit on the light squats yesterday and have a pain in my back, so I decided to go for a walk instead. Ended up walking 12km, and ti was really nice spring weather so it was a joy!

Comment

• 5 to 10 body weight squats and 15 push-ups every 15 minutes all day, while fasting.

Also, just took a 1/2 hour speed walk/run trip to the mailbox, .75 x 2 miles if I recall correctly. Darn, I forgot how long my road is!!! Grr!

And I've lifted my big rock 3x today.
                Last edited by Knifegill; 03-08-2014, 12:33 PM.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                  That sounds like a butt-kicking!!
                  It WAS! That was 150 meters of broad jump burpees and that was just too far. The rest of it was easy. This was a weekly challenge from my strength and conditioning coach - none of us who received the challenge was able to complete more than 3 rounds.

Yesterday was the "Dirty 30"

Set a 30 minute clock, and complete as many good rounds of the following as possible - also known as AMGRAP

30 calories on the rower
                  30 KB swings, any style or weight (I used a 35 pound KB, some of my rounds were regular swings, others were alternating SA)
                  30 Pushups (mine are inclined)

7 rounds in 30 minutes!

Followed by a 5 minute "finisher", that was indeed, a finisher

100 single jump ropes
                  100 air squats
                  100 slider mountain climbers

I completed the squats and mountain climbers. Most of the jump ropes but not all. I hate jumping rope and seriously s*ck at it. Never learned as a child.

Comment

• Squat:
                    385 x 1 (f on 2nd, but happy with the 1. New PR. Video below)
                    345 x 3
                    305 x 9

Bench:
                    245 x 1 (f on 2nd, but happy with the 1. New PR. No video)
                    220 x 3
                    195 x 10

Deadlift:
                    445 x 3 x 2

The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Goddamn bro. You're catching up fast

Awesome work. You've nearly got me on my sucky bench press and that squat is properly impressive. I notice you're keeping your hands closer also

Cued your drive up perfectly too, you're not going too much below parallel, it was a perfectly time break followed by the drive. Love it.

Comment

• Good on ya RM!

I did a wopping 185x10 today
                        70x6 chins and Lateral delt machine to fail.
                        Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-11-2014, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                          Goddamn bro. You're catching up fast

Awesome work. You've nearly got me on my sucky bench press and that squat is properly impressive. I notice you're keeping your hands closer also

Cued your drive up perfectly too, you're not going too much below parallel, it was a perfectly time break followed by the drive. Love it.
                          Thanks, guys. I keep re-watching the video to see if I really hit parallel. I think I got there but the camera angle makes it hard to tell.

Good eye for the hands. Doing my shoulder dislocations consistently for a while was apparently the ticket. I'm several inches closer than I was before, and this seems to have mostly solved the squatmornings issue.

I would have loved to get that second rep, but as long as the 5-lb PR's keep coming, I'm not going to complain.

The deadlifts were nasty and brutal today.

Necky: 185 x 10 = 1850. I only did 385 x 1. So you lifted much more weight than I did, at least for our top sets.
                          Are these treating your back okay?
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            Thanks, guys. I keep re-watching the video to see if I really hit parallel. I think I got there but the camera angle makes it hard to tell.

Good eye for the hands. Doing my shoulder dislocations consistently for a while was apparently the ticket. I'm several inches closer than I was before, and this seems to have mostly solved the squatmornings issue.

I would have loved to get that second rep, but as long as the 5-lb PR's keep coming, I'm not going to complain.

The deadlifts were nasty and brutal today.

Necky: 185 x 10 = 1850. I only did 385 x 1. So you lifted much more weight than I did, at least for our top sets.
                            Good work and nice rump!!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Lol...that sounds too much like 30BAD logic to me

So far so good. I'm taking it really slow with progression. Sucks cause I would love to thro at least 225 on the bar and go for 5. Instead I'm gonna keep my ego in check and try my damndest to make that weak link stronger!

Comment

• Nice PR's, Rich!
                                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Working...
                                X