• Re: What is your workout today?

Originally posted by Catrin View Post
    500 KB Swing workout today after an appropriate warmup:

5 Rounds of:

5/5 alternating swings, 2 TRX Presses
    10/10 alternating swings, 4 KB Goblet Squats
    15/15 alternating swings, 6 TRX Rows
    20/20 alternating swings, 8 TRX Rows

Rest 2 minutes between rounds, then do it again.

This is the first time I've taken this workout on, and it only took me 24 minutes (not counting the 2 minute rest between rounds). I was indeed done by the time I was done, a good workout!
    Holy crap Catrin, good going!

Ate you resting between the sets in each round? Or are the non kb exercises the only break between the swings?

What weight kb(s) do you use?
    Last edited by Misabi; 03-02-2014, 03:23 PM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Ok, I'm definitely doing a deload week this week, then repeating the same weights as last week when it's over. This week will be walking, maybe a sprint workout, and some easy bodyweight and mobility stuff. Might bench and squat really light--like 135--sometime during the week to kind of groove the motion. Couple of yoga classes. Then the quest for squatting 315 continues!

Oh, hey, if anyone has any weird challenge they want me to try I could do that this week, since I knocked out the 100 lb dip challenge on my first shot.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
        Holy crap Catrin, good going!

Ate you resting between the sets in each round? Or are the non kb exercises the only break between the swings?

What weight kb(s) do you use?
        I am only resting between each full round - so resting for 2 minutes four times. Within each round the other exercises are my only 'rest'.

I started with my 14 KG KB (a fraction over 30 pounds). By the end of the 3rd round (300 swings) I was feeling it, so I moved down to my 22 pound KB and stayed with that for the remaining two rounds. In case I wasn't clear, those were alternating single arm swings.

You can really do any exercises you want after each swing interval. They should be strength exercises, if you choose harder exercises, then progress them by ones (1, 2 ,3,4 reps). I chose easier ones so that doubled my reps, 2, 4, 6, 8.

First time I've done this workout and I feel pretty good about it, not bad for a 54 year old woman! I can go much heavier for KB swings, but not for THIS workout.
        Last edited by Catrin; 03-02-2014, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Power Cleans:
          147 x 3 x 5

"Medium" Squats:
          300 x 5 x 3

Press:
          165 x 2
          145 x 3
          130 x 8

Pull-ups:

Chin-ups:

Dips:
          65 x 11
          45 x 8
          25 x 12

Just made it, OldSchhool. That 11th dip @ 65 was killer. My triceps were on fire for hours.
          Got to see what I can do tomorrow now, might even video it !

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1393825714.386896.jpg

Comment

• gonna try to lose some more bodyfat. therefore cutting out nearly all the starchy and fruity carbs (I will smash them only 1 day per week).

today: chest, shoulders, triceps

bodyweight in the gym: 82 kg (including cloths)

barbell bench
              75 kg 3 x 8-6

smith incline
              +40 kg 3x 8-6

flat flies
              17,5 kg 3x 10-8

smith shoulder press
              +30 kg x 3 x 8-6

lateral raises machine
              17,5 kg x 3 x 12-10

cable overhead triceps extensions
              35 kg x 3 x 12

cable pushdowns
              50 x 3 x 8-6

Comment

• Man, working out on a cut blows goats and diseased moose wang. Simultaneously. I've never been so hard pressed to complete a 5x5 routine before, even by deloading.

Last night:

Squats:

5x5 @ 140 kg (308 lb)

Was going to try and limit my rests. So didn't happen. Avg 90 sec - 2 mins.

Bench:

5x5 @ 80 kg (176 lb)
                2 x 10 @ 60 kg (132 lb)

Limited my rest to 45 sec on the 5x5 and 60 min on the 10 reppers. Gassed me, but did the job.

Pendlays:

5x5 @ 75 kg (165 lb)

Didn't time my rests. Kind of limped through the rests on these, but my form was clean.

Finished off with high angle cable curls, tricep kickbacks and cable rear delt flies HIT style, 3-4 sec concentric and eccentric, hold just below lockout, smooth turnaround at base. That killed me.

Then a 6 am Interval training and boxing session this morning. Thank jeebus the work people are unfit. The workout itself was light and pansy, but between being low on sleep and glycogen and not having done this for a few months, I was fucked. Mostly cardio boxing with very simple combos and short sprints. The fifty push ups we did totally messed me up.

Comment

• ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1393886912.823627.jpg

Comment

• I never know exactly how to write this stuff out, but here goes.

Deadlifts (2 minute rest between sets):

260x2 (in under a minute)
                    270x2 (in under a minute)
                    280x2 (in under a minute)
                    290x2 (in under a minute)

RDLs: 155/10x4

Pull-ups (band assisted): 25

Some accessory ab work and LOTS of mobility stuff. Too tight. Sucky piriformis.

Comment

• Damn. You're liftin' like a boss. Keep dat shit goin', girl

Comment

• Dips-83.2 lbs x 9
                        Med Inc DB press ( 75's ) x 9
                        Low Inc DB press ( 75's ) x 8
                        Flat bench DB press ( 75's ) x 8
                        Flat bench DB press ( 75's ) x 4
                        Decline DB press ( 50's ) x 14

Seated Ext-75 lb DB x 14
                        Seated Ext-75 lb DB x 9 then drop sets
                        Seated Ext-75 lb DB x 5 then drop sets

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                          Damn. You're liftin' like a boss. Keep dat shit goin', girl
                          Thx! Let's see what it looks like on Wednesday after a few days of S&E! ;-) I googled pendlays. Interesting. I just do barbell rows. I do keep my trunk parallel to the ground like it seems is correct to do during pendlays. The only difference is that you touch the weights to the floor?? Any thoughts on why one is better than the other?

Comment

• Deload Day 1.

I actually felt really good today and considered just plugging along with a normal workout week on my Quest for 315, but a deload is a deload. Just kept myself moving for an hour with a bunch of bodyweight/super light weight circuits, cycling, KBs, rowing machine, pullups, dips, etc etc. I couldn't decide if not having a plan at all was fun or not, but I did a good job hitting a lot of stuff and doing a good amount of mobility work.

It's supposed to be nice tomorrow and I have a gap in my schedule, so I'm thinking a two hour walk might happen. Later this week I'll do a REALLY light weight barbell workout, and one day I think I'll go do Prowler pushes til I borderline puke.

Even making a point to do a really easy workout, I'm still pretty sure I was working harder than like 70% of the population at the gym today. I love commercial gyms.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                              Thx! Let's see what it looks like on Wednesday after a few days of S&E! ;-) I googled pendlays. Interesting. I just do barbell rows. I do keep my trunk parallel to the ground like it seems is correct to do during pendlays. The only difference is that you touch the weights to the floor?? Any thoughts on why one is better than the other?
                              Apparently the muscle activation and engagement from ripping the weight off the floor dead goes of the chart in EMG tests and increases in the lats as well as the inner back muscles. I have noticed my lats pumping up since doing these, so I think there be merit to it.

Of course, you can also just flat out lift MOAR, especially for reps, when you take the tension off the muscle but also for singles when you can set up at parellel without having to compensate for the weight of the bar and throw your full strength straight into the rep.

As the weight creeps up, keeping form strict is the hard part. It is easy to cheat reps by using leverage as you fatigue (much like a normal parallel barbell row), so you need to be a hardass with yourself or have a bastard of a spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                                Just googled them myself, I can't see any advantage over doing strict bent over rows in the regular style. What is the point in letting it touch the floor so all tension is removed ?

Comment

Working...
                                X