No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you say you were gonna do a USPA meet? When is it and what do you plan to total? I'm planning on entering my first meet in May.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Did you say you were gonna do a USPA meet? When is it and what do you plan to total? I'm planning on entering my first meet in May.
      I am!! I'm not sure about my total just yet. All of this is so new to me (my first too!). I'd like to squat 300 (previous belted 1RM was 235, about 7 week ago?). I'd like to dead 350 (previous 1RM was 300) and I'm not sure about bench (currently it's at 145). I'm losing steam with my bench both mentally and then of course physically. But I believe I can either choose squat only or deadlift and bench or full power. I'd prefer to just do squat and dead. Oh well. If I had to guess, I think I'd be ok with a 150/55 bench. So... we'll see. The meet's March 29-30 in Anaheim, CA. Where's your May meet? What're you hoping to pull?

Comment

• I'm doing full power at a meet in South Jersey May 17th. Raw (belt, no wraps), hoping to break the 400 Wilks barrier with something like 405/250/500 @ 148.

Best weights I've done for doubles so far are 375/240/460. I'm walking around at 159 right at the moment. Down from about 165.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• How ya cutting RM? Just curious since I haven't had to make weight in so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
            How ya cutting RM? Just curious since I haven't had to make weight in so long.
            Cutting out all the alcohol and milk so far. Just going to keep the carbs reasonable (probably 20-50g/day) and not intentionally overeat like I've been doing for the past year. Then for the water weight, I like the method where you drink way too much water from 4 days out until 1, then stop abruptly and drink nothing for the last day.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I'm doing full power at a meet in South Jersey May 17th. Raw (belt, no wraps), hoping to break the 400 Wilks barrier with something like 405/250/500 @ 148.

Best weights I've done for doubles so far are 375/240/460. I'm walking around at 159 right at the moment. Down from about 165.
              You are very strong, good sir! Good luck at your meet. You will slay.

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                That he is. Freakishly so for his mass. Speaking of which, kudos for keeping your lifts going up while on a cut, Rich. I'm starting to appreciate just how much of a bitch of a job that is.

Comment

But you gotta out-bench Mr. A if you wanna be the pound-for-pound bench champ of this thread
                  I dunno, Eden is moving some serious weight. I don't really want to qualify that with "for a girl", but I seriously never see ladies benching 145 or squatting or DL her weights . I'm not sure how to scale that, but it's a lot.

Side note: I think I'm in serious need of a deload week. My body feels beaten up. I'm running Texas Method currently; just do a standard deload? I'll just use the week for walking and a sprint session, and some bodyweight or REAL light weight days.

And maybe see how much I can push on weighted dips when I'm fresh, so I can be thread champion...

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                    Getting there. Getting there.

Good luck to you as well. You'll kill it.

Now I have to go work on my dips. I'll never do 100 x friggin' 8.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I've been doing a 5/3/1 template for a while now, but last week I started something different. The wife and I are doing the 10,000 kettlebell swing workouts.

T-Nation link

I am 25% of the way through it, and I am embracing the suck. Way too repetitive for me, but I'll stick it out.

Comment

• Did closegrip (hands touching) pullups, pistols and grip training today.
                        Went very bad compared to last time, but I have been sick with vomiting and fever since tuesday, so that was to be expected.

Comment

• This morning is one of those perfect Northern California mornings; full of sunshine and the smells of spring after a couple of days of much needed rain. Decided to forgo the gym and head outside for some fresh air and exercise. Headed to the track and did an intense metabolic conditioning circuit -

25 Kettle Bell swings, 25 Burpees, 1/4 mile run, 15 Kettle Bell swings, 15 Burpees, 1/4 mile run, 10 Kettle Bell swings, 10 Burpees and a 1/4 mile run - intense, painful and invigorating!
                          Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

• 3/1 Light/recovery

Cleans (squat-, not power-. First time messing with these):
                            135 x 1 x 7

Front Squats:
                            135 x 3
                            155 x 3
                            175 x 3
                            155 x 3
                            135 x 3

Baker Press (bench from pins set just at/above chest):
                            175 x 1 x 8 (10-15 seconds rest)

Curlzzz in the squat rack (HIT style):
                            55 x 15 (60 seconds TUT)

Neutral Grip Pushups on Dip Handles with Feet Elevated (HIT style, smooth and slow):
                            15. (50 seconds TUT)
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• 02/03/14

100x 1h swings @ 24kg 7:16
                              5 x GU @ 24KG 8:57

Felt awesome on the swings today. Maybe it was all the steak and eggs from this week or perhaps the coffee with gelatin, 85% lindt chocolate, maple syrup and cinnamon just before the workout?!
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• 500 KB Swing workout today after an appropriate warmup:

5 Rounds of:

5/5 alternating swings, 2 TRX Presses
                                10/10 alternating swings, 4 KB Goblet Squats
                                15/15 alternating swings, 6 TRX Rows
                                20/20 alternating swings, 8 TRX Rows

Rest 2 minutes between rounds, then do it again.

This is the first time I've taken this workout on, and it only took me 24 minutes (not counting the 2 minute rest between rounds). I was indeed done by the time I was done, a good workout!

Comment

Working...
                                X