No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 min hiit on the crosstrainer...heavy breathing! Biceps concentration curls:
    no competition fot the guys again, but 10x4kg to warm up, 10x6kg, 8x8kg, 10x6kg, 5x8kg,
    stretching

Comment

• hi! I am new to this forum and since I do workout regularly I gonna post my workouts here.

bodyweight: 84 kg (including clothes right before the workout, usually I weigh in about 82-83 kg, but I was on a booze saturday night and hold still a ton of water because of it; at least it doesn't happen too frequently)

a) incline bench press
      65 kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

b) pullups with pause at the bottom
      bw x 5, 5, 5, 4, 4

c) box squats (I got a really bad knee, regular squats aren't possible without pain)
      85 kg x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

d) pushdowns
      50 kg x 8, 8

e) knee raises
      15, 15

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
        Deadlift:
        5x60
        3x80
        1x100
        1x115
        10 singles @ 125kg - easy peasy. Could've kept going, but sticking to the program. The max I used for calculations may be too low, but I'll let the program run it's course and then adjust accordingly.
        That's generally optimal. I always like programs that are designed to build a pattern of success, just so you're psychologically used to going in and finishing everything in your workout with some juice left in the tank. It puts you in a good, confident headspace when you're approaching your true maxes. 125 is a decent amount of iron to be putting up with good form anyway.

Comment

• Yeah, I had good success with 5/3/1 previously, and it uses that pattern of success as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
            Yeah, I had good success with 5/3/1 previously, and it uses that pattern of success as well.
            What program you doing now?

Comment

• It's a deadlift specialization made by a danish guy called Thomas Jagd. it only programs the deadlift, so you get to chose the rest on your own. I just do light squats on heavy dl day, and heavy squats on light dl day. And I incorporate bw exercises for the rest.

This is the program itself:

Singles-cyklus heavy day
              - Uge 1: 15 singles med 65 % af 1RM (med 1-2 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 2: 10 singles med 75 % af 1RM (med 2-3 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 3: 5 singles med 85 % af 1RM (med 3-4 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 4: 15 singles med 65 % af 1RM + 5 kg (med 1-2 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 5: 10 singles med 75 % af 1RM + 5 kg (med 2-3 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 6: 5 singles med 85 % af 1RM + 5 kg (med 3-4 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 7: 15 singles med 65 % af 1RM + 10 kg (med 1-2 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 8: 10 singles med 75 % af 1RM + 10 kg (med 2-3 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 9: 5 singles med 85 % af 1RM + 10 kg (med 3-4 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 10: 10 singles med 60 % af 1RM + 10 kg (med 3-4 mins mellem singles)
              - Uge 11: MAX ATTEMPT
              Light day
              - Alle uger 15 singles med 65 % af 1RM (med 30-60 seks. mellem singles)

I hope it's all easily understandable by context without translation

Comment

• ^Thanks man!

I'm just gonna figure that reads as (at 1-2 minutes between singles) right? If thats the case I think I've got it!

Going to the gym now and gonna do a light day:

185x5x5 squats rather than the x15 (I'll do that next week).
                135x something romanian dead lifts.
                weighted chins 45lbs for something
                weighted dips 45lbs for some amount
                lateral raises
                maybe some curls
                Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-26-2014, 09:17 AM.

Comment

• I went ahead and played a game of stink-finger with Uncle Rhabdo at my local box.

Did Fran in under 11:44.

Uh-huh.

Comment

• Yeah! Did 3 sets of 15sec( activity and rest in between) military press with feet elevated at the end of my bw circuit. Before I did 2 sets of regular military press and regular push upsand mountain cljmbers. So my shoulders have been already a bit sore. Happy I could do them, next time I will try four sets before the other exercises!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                      ^Thanks man!

I'm just gonna figure that reads as (at 1-2 minutes between singles) right? If thats the case I think I've got it!
                      No problems! Yeah, that's it exactly

Comment

• Last night's workout sucked. I don't think it's glycogen depletion as much as me just being low on energy, but we'll see as Steak and Eggz continues:

Light Squats:

92.5 kg x 5
                        115 kg x 5
                        140 kg (308 lb) @ 2x5

That didn't feel light at all. I've repped 10 out of 140 kg easily in the past. Last night I absolutely needed the rest.

OHP:

47.5 kg x5
                        57.5 kg x 5
                        65 kg x 5
                        75 kg (165 lb) x 0
                        75 kg (165 lb) x 0
                        75 kg (165 lb) x 3 (Perserverance paid off)

Was programmed to do 5. I lunked out 2 Push presses after the OHPs. I was really struggling to clear the bar over my head to start, I think from cutting my rest too short. Pissed off, as I hit my OHP's last week without a hitch. Not happy.

Deadlift:

127.5 kg x 5
                        155 kg x 5
                        180 kg (396 lb) x 5
                        205 kg (451 lb) x 1

When I set up for my second rep on the heavy I just knew it wasn't happening. I was really dizzy after each set and starting to wobble. Getting up from that final rep I just knew I was done. Far cry from the 5 I wanted.

Shitty workout on the whole.

Comment

• OHP's are finicky bro. They're like the female member of the Big Lifts. They always change their mind, seemingly for no reason.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            OHP's are finicky bro. They're like the female member of the Big Lifts. They always change their mind, seemingly for no reason.
                            Truth.

Bitches be crazy, yo.

Comment

• Dips-65 lbs x 11
                              Med inc DB press-75 lb D's x 8
                              Low inc DB press-75 lb D's x 8
                              Flat bench DB press-75 lb D's x 8
                              Decline DB press-50 lb D's x9
                              Push ups- BW using Intentions x 6

Decline ext=88 lbs x 7
                              Decline ext=88 lbs x 5
                              Seated DB ext-75 lb DB x 13+1partial
                              Seated DB ext-75 lb DB x 9
                              DB Kickback x 2 sets to finish

Comment

• I am playing basketball for couple hours. Probably full court. Want to get advice how to kill in the game besides getting better I mean what would be good to eat while still not overeating and feeling bloated during the game? What timing is best?
                                My first meal usually at 11am and game is at 7pm so would be thankful for tips

Comment

Working...
                                X