No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to the gym as we speak. Gonna do the HIT big 5 today. Might do a swim or some deadlifts with it. Dunno yet.

Comment

• Yesterday I did 10 burpees, 20 squats, 30 sit ups x3, 25 push ups on knees, a few tries at pullups, and a 1 mi walk for warm up, 3 mi leisurely bike ride for cool down. Was pretty fatigued and sore today so I stuck to a 3.5 mi walk only. Tomorrow I repeat what I did yesterday.

Comment

• BW ladders, 1 to 4 to 1 to 4 to 1.

Comment

• Madcow: Week 5 Monday

Weirdly I maintained at 103 kg (227 lb) despite smashing a ridiculous amount of Malaysian food on the weekend, including an Ice Kachang loaded with palm sugar and sweet corn. Not complaining, but a fun observation that the kgs I dropped stayed off

Squats:

90 kg x 5
          115 kg x 5
          137.5 kg x 5
          160 kg x 5
          182.5 kg (401.5 lb) x 5 (5RM PR)

Damn that was hard. I miscued my timing on the final rep and had to muscle it up and grind it out. Happy.

Scared of Friday though. I'm set to rep 3 outta 187.5 kg (412.5 lb). I'll be eating my steak and hearts religiously.

Bench Press:

55 kg x 5
          67.5 kg x5
          90 kg x 5 (F**k up)
          95 kg x 5
          107.5 kg (236 lb) x 3 (f), 1 (Technically a 3RM PB but I'm mad as f**k)
          80 kg x 10

So stupid... i grabbed 15s instead of 10s on my 3rd set. I'm sure gassing myself some robbed me of at least one rep.

Man this stall is killing me. I'm thinking of switching back to floor presses and reverse grip bench press for a while. I'll give it one more week then some kind of change is occurring.

Pendlays:

60 kg x 5
          65 kg x 5
          77.5 kg x 5
          90 kg x 5
          102.5 kg (225 lb) x 5

Got my reps up, but the last two were dodgy. I used a bit of leverage to cheat them.

Accessory work:

DB Decline Bench, Kroc Rows, Chest Pullovers, Cable Crossovers

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
            Madcow: Week 5 Monday

Weirdly I maintained at 103 kg (227 lb) despite smashing a ridiculous amount of Malaysian food on the weekend, including an Ice Kachang loaded with palm sugar and sweet corn. Not complaining, but a fun observation that the kgs I dropped stayed off

Squats:

90 kg x 5
            115 kg x 5
            137.5 kg x 5
            160 kg x 5
            182.5 kg (401.5 lb) x 5 (5RM PR)

Damn that was hard. I miscued my timing on the final rep and had to muscle it up and grind it out. Happy.

Scared of Friday though. I'm set to rep 3 outta 187.5 kg (412.5 lb). I'll be eating my steak and hearts religiously.

Bench Press:

55 kg x 5
            67.5 kg x5
            90 kg x 5 (F**k up)
            95 kg x 5
            107.5 kg (236 lb) x 3 (f), 1 (Technically a 3RM PB but I'm mad as f**k)
            80 kg x 10

So stupid... i grabbed 15s instead of 10s on my 3rd set. I'm sure gassing myself some robbed me of at least one rep.

Man this stall is killing me. I'm thinking of switching back to floor presses and reverse grip bench press for a while. I'll give it one more week then some kind of change is occurring.

Pendlays:

60 kg x 5
            65 kg x 5
            77.5 kg x 5
            90 kg x 5
            102.5 kg (225 lb) x 5

Got my reps up, but the last two were dodgy. I used a bit of leverage to cheat them.

Accessory work:

DB Decline Bench, Kroc Rows, Chest Pullovers, Cable Crossovers
            Thos squats are just beastly.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Thos squats are just beastly.
              No joke. I 5-repped 275 on Friday and that felt awfully heavy. I can't imagine 400 at this point.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                No joke. I 5-repped 275 on Friday and that felt awfully heavy. I can't imagine 400 at this point.

Sent via lightsaber
                Well, I'm not at 400 yet myself, but I conquer 380 for at least 1 later today (hoping for 3, confident of 2).

I have to tell you that I don't believe 275 will ever feel light. Every time I unrack that kind of weight, I think that squatting down is an insane thing to do and that there's no way I will ever stand back up. But then I go down for the first rep and stand up after all. And on some level, I'm always honestly a little bit shocked. It's still kind of epic and surreal to me every single time.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Squats: 15x175
                  Deadlifts: 10x235
                  One arm Press: 2x50x5
                  Pullovers: 15x25lb plate

Squats where rough. That took a decent amount out of me, but made it so 185x15 next week! Anyhow, stayed a bit lighter than originally planned on everything else though.

Comment

I have to tell you that I don't believe 275 will ever feel light. Every time I unrack that kind of weight, I think that squatting down is an insane thing to do and that there's no way I will ever stand back up. But then I go down for the first rep and stand up after all. And on some level, I'm always honestly a little bit shocked. It's still kind of epic and surreal to me every single time.
                    Exactly. Once you start lifting beyond a certain point, it's all just f**king heavy. Truth be told, anytime I go beyond bodyweight I get a little bit nervous... Then you start doing it and it gets hard, but you just know you can do it.

Anything above 250 ish for a dude to anything around 400 is really the exact same thing mentally IMO. It's a far heavier weight than any sane human should be lifting. The beauty of incremental loading is that by the time you're in the 300s and 400s you've been weaned on the idea that the progression is natural, logical and to be expected. It just becomes routine. The nerves and jitters are a part of your habit and you embrace them.

So yeah, don't sweat it Mr A. Given the way you eat, you'll be repping heavier soon enough and the mental process and feel really doesn't change much. If you can do 275, you can do 350 or 400 with the right programming when the time comes.
                    Last edited by Reventon; 02-24-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Squats:
                      380 x 1
                      380 x 0 (didn't have to try it again, but really wanted to)
                      340 x 3
                      300 x 8

Bench:
                      245 x 0
                      242 x 0
                      225 x 2
                      220 x 3
                      195 x 7
                      185 x 5 x 3

Deadlift: 425 x 5

Terrible day on squats and bench due to a long, late Saturday night, and then somehow I pulled a 5-rep PR on the deadlift. Deadlifts defy bad days in the gym. The deadlift abides.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Without a workout buddy I am just stagnation.

Clean and press 95 pounds set of 10, set of 7, set of 3.

Incline press 3 sets of 10.

Diagonal curls, various weight, various reps

Escalator dips x2 (those took working up to! Now they are easy!)
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Squats:
                          380 x 1
                          380 x 0 (didn't have to try it again, but really wanted to)
                          340 x 3
                          300 x 8

Bench:
                          245 x 0
                          242 x 0
                          225 x 2
                          220 x 3
                          195 x 7
                          185 x 5 x 3

Deadlift: 425 x 5

Terrible day on squats and bench due to a long, late Saturday night, and then somehow I pulled a 5-rep PR on the deadlift. Deadlifts defy bad days in the gym. The deadlift abides.
                          It's nice to have that "Old reliable." Feckin crazy 5 RM as usual man. Good shit.

Comment

• Deadlift:
                            5x60
                            3x80
                            1x100
                            1x115
                            10 singles @ 125kg - easy peasy. Could've kept going, but sticking to the program. The max I used for calculations may be too low, but I'll let the program run it's course and then adjust accordingly.

Pike pushups
                            8 diamond inclines
                            8 normal pikes
                            3 sets of 8 diamond pikes.

Light squats:
                            5x20kg
                            5x40kg
                            3x60kg
                            5X5 @ 70kg

Comment

• 15 AMRAP

9 DL @ 155lb
                              12 Hand Release Pushups
                              15 Box Jump 24"

5 rounds + 12 Reps - 5 Rounds was my goal

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                                It's nice to have that "Old reliable." Feckin crazy 5 RM as usual man. Good shit.
                                Thanks for the support. Yeah, the deadlift is just steadfast. As long as I attack it with adequate fury, it goes up, no matter what my sleep, weight, recovery, etc. It just goes up.

The squat was a PR single too, and I should be celebrating it, but I know on a better day I'd have 2- or even 3-repped it. In the context of the greater program, I got done what I had to get done there but not what I hoped to. It's just the bench that wouldn't cooperate at all. Of course, that's the most finicky of the big lifts for me (well, maybe not more sensitive to environmental factors than the press).
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X