• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Oh, I see whats going on here....
    Knew you'd like that.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      I agree, Rev. Deadlifting for reps is shenanigans. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns
      Hate the process, love the results.

And those chins are crazy as fuck. Good work bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
        Hate the process, love the results.

And those chins are crazy as fuck. Good work bro.
        Thanks, man. Neckhammer is my chin-up nemesis, like you and Jefferson are for squats and deads, and Mr. Anthony is for bench (I think Necky benches a bunch more than me too, when he can be bothered).

I'm coming after all you guys with every set of every workout. If you slow down for a single week, I'll be there, making up ground (or increasing my lead). Eye of the tiger, baby. Eye of the tiger.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Sweet, I can cross another item off the bucket list.

#32. Have a nemesis.

Rich, I'm more worried about losing fat right now, so you'll probably make some pretty good progress compared to my lifts. Watch out in about 2 or 3 months, though. Almond butter, full-fat dairy, and huge amounts of carbs will be back on the table!
          In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Hi,

My favourites are kettlebell exercises. Following four are the name of the exercises that i usually do with kettlebell at home

Two-handed kettlebell swing
            Kettlebell figure-8
            Kettlebell Russian twist
            One-arm kettlebell snatch

Comment

• I'm currently doing a deadlift program with singles. I've only just begun, but I foresee that I'll enjoy it immensely without the reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
                I'm currently doing a deadlift program with singles. I've only just begun, but I foresee that I'll enjoy it immensely without the reps.
                Hahaha. For the heavy sets, absolutely. Lighter warm up work, repping is fine. You ask me to go for anything up to around 80% of my 5RM for reps, hey, no problemo. Once you cross that threshold, like Rich says, instant fury of a thousand suns. I glower and cuss and growl and cuss some more.

But single repping beyond that threshold is a ton of fun, even though it's not easy. The mind wobbles.

Comment

• Yeah, I feel the same.

Had my light deadlift day today, 65% of max for fifteen singles with 30-60 seconds break between. I kept it closer to 30 for most of them, but it did get closer to one minute near the end. Was supposed to be a 'heavy' squat day (I haven't been doing barbell squats since december, so I'm easing back into them) but since I'm an idiot I did them lighter than last time and with fewer reps. I simply put the wrong weight on the bar, because I let myself become distracted by talk.

After those lifts I did assisted one arm pushups, leg raises and calf raises.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                    Sweet, I can cross another item off the bucket list.

#32. Have a nemesis.

Rich, I'm more worried about losing fat right now, so you'll probably make some pretty good progress compared to my lifts. Watch out in about 2 or 3 months, though. Almond butter, full-fat dairy, and huge amounts of carbs will be back on the table!
                    Well, the current plan for me is to weigh in at 148 for May 17th. So my progress will be potentially inhibited for that timeframe too. I'm actually going to try and catch up to you on powercleans some day though. 147 was flying up and threatening to damage my ceiling yesterday.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Feeling like my own grandma after yesterdays workout I could only do some "core"stuff ( iron cross, leg raises, thumbs up, military press and push ups and dips). Stretching and a warm shower. Try to attack again on sunday.
                      why do I feel sore all over, although I just worked out my legs yesterday??? Is it the squats and lunges?

Comment

• Bench press, skull crushers, weighted dips and lever practice from monkey bars!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Thanks, man. Neckhammer is my chin-up nemesis, like you and Jefferson are for squats and deads, and Mr. Anthony is for bench (I think Necky benches a bunch more than me too, when he can be bothered).
                          Can I be your nemesis for other stuff, too? I think I can take on chinup nemesis, and definitely have human flag and rope climb nemesis nailed down. I haven't pushed myself on mega-heavy chins lately (this week was 10, 9, 9 with 45 lbs), but I know I can bang out 3 with 90 lbs. I'll put on a hundo soon and see what happens. Held a 23-second human flag last week, and also did a 35-foot rope climb in 13 seconds (starting from sitting on the floor in a pike, held pike the whole way up. Also, need to measure the distance; pretty sure it's 35 but need to put a tape on it).

I have too many squat nemeseses. Nemesi. Whatever. But there's a lot on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                            I have too many squat nemeseses. Nemesi. Whatever. But there's a lot on here.
                            Nematodes.

I don't have any fance ropes or flag-poles, but you can play chin-up nemesis too. I honestly think I could have really pulled my ass off and gotten a 3rd rep at 100, but it would have smoked me for the rest of the sets.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I had some rockin squat sets today. I wonder if it was because I ate more than usual for breakfast. Usually just a fruit/protein smoothie but I added a couple rice cakes with PB and a couple squares of dark chocolate today.(no comments on those choices please)

Comment

• Jumping rope.
                                10 rounds of 3 minutes each, with 30 seconds rest between rounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X