No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice work man. Your lifts are all coming along nicely. I want to recover fast so I can hit the gym properly again. Reality is it's all light until next week though. This has become and impromptu deload.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
      Nice work man. Your lifts are all coming along nicely.
      Yeah, they're making progress. Still mad that you beat me to 400/500 on squats/deadlifts.

Originally posted by Reventon View Post
      I want to recover fast so I can hit the gym properly again. Reality is it's all light until next week though. This has become and impromptu deload.
      Yeah well I'm relishing the opportunity to gain some lost ground on you. But you'll probably just bounce back stronger than ever. I mean, the least you could do is not blow me so far out of the water I lose all hope of catching you. The motivation really does help when I don't want to try to grind out one more rep or when I think I should maybe skip a workout.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• This one from yesterday has left my chest very sore today !
        Chest:

Dips- 60 lbs- Rest/Pause style x 3,3,3,3,3,2
        Med Inc Lying DB press-75 lb D's x 6
        Low Inc Lying DB press- 75 lb D's x 8
        Flat Lying DB press- 75 lb D's x5
        Dec Lying DB press- 50 lb D's x 12

Triceps:

Close Grip Bench Press-113 lbs x 9
        Close Grip Bench Press-113 lbs x 6
        Seated DB tricep ext- 75 lb DB x 11
        Seated DB tricep ext- 75 lb DB x 8
        Super slow ext- 50 lb DB x approx. 6

Comment

• Deload Part Deux.

So weak.

Rest paused through some wide grip pull ups, clusters of 4 to target of 20. Failed at 18.

Squats: warmed up, loaded bodyweight (235, actual currently 232). Wanted to do an endurance test over 5 mins for reps. Left knee played up. Felt really... Grumbly and crackly and full of fluid. Killed it after 15 reps.

After that I did some arms swollen trophy emphasizing time under tension, no lockout. Bicep cable curlz triceps pulldownz, ez bar curlz, LTEz, dumbbell curlz and tricep kickbackz.

#gunz4life

Been a while since I've felt a burn like that. So different to low reps. Putting up a 1 RM squat or deadlift exhausts like a mofo after and when you're straining that hard it causes... Not pain, but kind of an epic, intense discomfort that borders on it.

Slow reps time under tension f**king hurts f**k f**k f**k f**k f**k!!! I mean that burn just kills. I knew it would, but very little prepares you for it.

But my peaks is swole, yo.

Comment

• Closegrip pullups, hands facing away and hands touching: 10, 8. I've been stuck at around 8 reps in both sets for the past few weeks, so it was nice with a breakthrough!

Assisted pistol (means that I have a basketball next to me, and I use my hand to give a little push to get back up): 8, 6. Then did three sets of 2 reps, unassisted.

Grip training, fingertip pushups from knees 10. Fingertip plank 20s. I couldn't do a single full fingertip pushup today, last time I could do 1. Oh well. Then I hung from a bar for four sets, 45 seconds, 45 seconds, 40 seconds, 35 seconds. This is also a slight regression, but what can you do...

Comment

• Did tabata class yesterday, but it turned out to be a kettlebell class... SUCKED! Dunno what made the instructor decide to do all KB for tabatas.

Wasn't a complete fail for me. I've got enough sense, a bit of experience with KB's, and enough control to maintain good position even with new moves, but the instructor was getting way too advanced with a bunch of people that shouldn't even be swinging a bell let alone doing double cleans and push presses into a burpee into a renegade row.....WTF? I was about to go around handing out cards at the end!

Anyhow, I was not injured and live to get back to some weights tomorrow

Comment

• Today I worked hard!

3x 12rep 50lb squats
                3x 15rep 15lb bicep curls
                3x 15rep 10lb (weighted) pull ups/crunches
                3x 10rep 45lb power cleans

2hr outdoor track practice (jogging, sprints, leg workouts, overall endurance work)
                I feel so isolated as every day I search for others like me, I havn't found them yet but I will one day...

Comment

• Squats, lateral raises, curls, tricep pushdowns, farmers walks.

Highlights: hit my bodyweight 165x15 with the squats and had reps in the tank...figure I'm gonna work the higher rep range for a while longer, bumping the weight each time and still trying to crank 15 out. Walked further with 200lbs than last time. The rest was HIT style.

Comment

• Lunges, squats, only bw, in different variations.
                    +
                    bw circuit:15sec on off for five rounds each exercise
                    Bridges, squats, v-ups, leg raises, side v-ups, mountain climbers.
                    legs will be sore for the next 3 days...

Comment

• Today was the first day of the second week of the Couch to 5K running program. My arches were bothering me some in week 1, but that was thankfully not a problem today.

Comment

• Deload Episode III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Messed around a little. Squats are off the table this week, so I did some deadlifts. To think I'd be calling single repping 440 a light workout is not something I'd have thought before. Did some more light bench and some rear delt work, then called it a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                          Deload Episode III: Revenge of the Sh*t

Messed around a little. Squats are off the table this week, so I did some deadlifts. To think I'd be calling single repping 440 a light workout is not something I'd have thought before. Did some more light bench and some rear delt work, then called it a day.
                          Damn....440 as a deload is freaking ridiculous! Hope the knees feeling better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                            Damn....440 as a deload is freaking ridiculous! Hope the knees feeling better.
                            Hah. If I was going for a fiver out of it I'd have been gassed. Doing it as a single, I used that as a warm up for the rest of the workout. It's amazing the difference 4 reps can make on deads.

Comment

• I agree, Rev. Deadlifting for reps is shenanigans. I hate it with the fire of a thousand suns.

Today was my medium/light day, in my 5/5/5 week:

Power cleans:
                              147.5 x 3 x 5

Squats:
                              300 x 5 x 3

Press:
                              130 x 5
                              140 x 5
                              145 x 6
                              130 x 8

Chins:
                              +100 x 2
                              +75 x 3
                              rest
                              +50 x 6
                              +25 x 3
                              rest
                              +0 x 7

Dips: (slow and controlled, HIT style, didn't time them, but lots of TUT)
                              12, 10, 9
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                Chins:
                                +100 x 2
                                Oh, I see whats going on here....

Comment

Working...
                                X