No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My workout today and yesterday has been doing battle with the snow. I find you can get a good quad workout plus arms shoveling. More importantly, all this snow makes me remember why I spend so much time staying in shape the rest of the year!

Comment

• Recumbent bike:

5 minute warmup
      4 minute tabata
      6 minute cool down

2x15 minutes sauna

Comment

• Originally posted by nov26_2 View Post
        My workout today and yesterday has been doing battle with the snow. I find you can get a good quad workout plus arms shoveling. More importantly, all this snow makes me remember why I spend so much time staying in shape the rest of the year!
        This was me yesterday as well.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          I find your lack of commitment disturbing.
          "He chose.... poorly."

Comment

• Originally posted by nov26_2 View Post
            My workout today and yesterday has been doing battle with the snow. I find you can get a good quad workout plus arms shoveling. More importantly, all this snow makes me remember why I spend so much time staying in shape the rest of the year!
            Please post a form check video. If you feel shoveling in your arms and quads, either you're doing it wrong, or I am.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Shoveled heavy, wet snow.

Comment

• Hoped overto Oz for a week and wasn't allowed to bring my kb's as they would apparently take up valuable shopping space in the luggage

A mix of bjj escape and position drills and primal movements (eg. Leopard crawls, monkey runs, dive bombing inch worms - not sure if I just made that one up but it's a goody ;-) ) along the beach.
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Did my first PEM per the PBF book today and man, I'm gonna feel it for a wk! Did 60 knee push ups total with varying positions for my hands, my pathetic version of pull-ups where I jump up and stay as long as I can and resist the downward fall x 6, 20 squats x 2, 20 lunges x2, crunches/reverse crunches x100, and planks 45 sec and 30 sec. Also walked 1.5 mi.

Comment

• HIT big five today. Watching OldSchools post of Josh got me nostalgic for the pain

Leg Press
                    Weighted Chins
                    Shoulder Press
                    Compound Rows
                    Chest Press

Comment

• 2xKB Clean 28+28x10,10,10
                      Push Press - 86x3,2; 78x5; 70x5,5,5,5,5
                      Deadlift - 163x3; 147x5; 130x5,5,5,5,5
                      1xKB Clean + Press - 32x3,2,3,3

Today:
                      Hang Power Clean - 70x5,5,5,5; 80x2
                      KB Complex: "1xRenegade Row/Push-up + Swing + Clean + 8xSquat" - 32x32: 5 rounds
                      Superset: KB Swing / Bench Press - 40x8,8,8/75x6,6,6
                      Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• Beat my Stiff legged deadlift PB today, did 325 lbs x 4, then 225 lbs x 8.
                        Leg Press 405 lbs x 8 SS reps
                        Leg press pushing hard as poss against mid range stops for 15 secs
                        Leg ext superset with sissy squats to failure

Calves 3 sets

Hammer presses x 2 sets
                        seated mach press x 1 set to failure
                        Side laterals x 2 sets to failure
                        Mach press with wife pulling down on negative x 1 set to failure

Only had a few hrs sleep today as well as I'd come off a block of night shifts !

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                          "He chose.... poorly."

I love that movie one of my favorites

Comment

• Recovering from a short bout of fever and diarrhea. Pipes are mostly back in order, but today was a light shoulders, chest and back day...definitely wasn't going to squat or try really hard bracing of my core.

Went for some bench press with 60 kg in an ascending rep ladder starting with 10, 60 second rest between sets (10, 11, 12, 13 etc up to 20).

Had to rest/pause my way through the set of 15 then moved on. Showed how weak I was today. At least 16 or 17 should have been feasible. 20 was the target, but just not happening today.

Followed up with some light OHPs, Klovok Press, Landmine Rows, Fixed Arm Machine Lat Pulldowns, High and Low Angle Cable Crossovers, Lateral Raises and Rear Delt Flies.

Have to say I'm loving the Klokov Press. I think I'll make it an assistance move on my Wednesdays from now on.

Comment

• Today's workout:

KB Swings 36x8,8,8,8,8
                              Squat 132kgx1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1
                              Sumo Deadlift 140x12,10
                              >>Leg Extension 84x12
                              >>Single Arm Swing 28x8,8
                              >>2xKB Squat 28+28x15

Wife's Workout
                              Squat 15kg(bar)x5,5; 20x5,5; 25x3,3; 30x1,1; 15x8
                              Deadlift 35x5,5,5
                              Bulgarian Split Squat (DBs) 10lb+10lbx5; BWx8,8
                              TRX Jumps x 8,8,8
                              Ab work
                              Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• 2/17:
                                Squat:
                                300 x 5
                                320 x 5
                                340 x 7 (new Wendler Formula PR)

Bench:
                                195 x 5
                                205 x 5
                                220 x 5 (5-rep PR)

Deadlift:

415 x 5 (found the right shoes. NB Minimuses minus the insoles).

Bodyweight today: 160.6. ~4-5 pounds down so far and still setting PR's. Let's see if I can keep that up as I approach 148.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X