What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Pics tend to help in the raising flags and all...
    ???????did I write anything stupid?

Comment

• Originally posted by gergirl View Post
      ???????did I write anything stupid?
      Not at all. Necky was being cheeky, but if English isn't your first language it can be an obscure turn of phrase.

Raising your flag (or flying your flag at full salute) is a metaphor for... well... think of a part of the male anatomy specifically that goes up like a flagpole. I think you'll get the idea.

And pictures of a fit lady in workout gear tend to....

Never mind. Just give us dem pictures

Comment

• Uhhhh.... damn idioms!

Comment

• 100 swings 6:52
          10 2hs, 10 2hs,10 x r, 10 x L, 10 X R, 10 x L, 10 X R, 10 x L, 10 X R, 10 x L.

5 get ups 8:30 (thinking I'm either rushing these, or I need to increase the number of reps I'm doing with the 24kg bell.
          2 24kg, 3 x 16kg.
          If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Did the first day of a Couch to 5K running program today. I can lift, I can sprint, but I cannot run longer distances.
            So, I figured it might be high time to rectify that.

Comment

• Dumbbell work forchest, shpulders, back
              supersets:
              Over bent rowing, one arm rowing
              chestpress, chestflies,
              renegade rows, military press
              tricepz kickbacks, hammer curls
              side plank with one arm side lift(do notknowhowitiscalled)
              Lifting 3 or6kg, depending on exercise

Comment

• Just some LISS today for about an hour mixing it between treadmill, bike and elliptical. I get bored REALLY easily so I can only stand doing any one of them for about 20 minutes at a time.

Comment

• I'm having some pelvic floor issues =\ so I'm doing some knee squeezes (with a pillow) and lots of stretches.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                    Just some LISS today for about an hour mixing it between treadmill, bike and elliptical. I get bored REALLY easily so I can only stand doing any one of them for about 20 minutes at a time.
                    That is even better and more challenging. I'd always do so, although I didn't do any real liss for quite a long time. Just 20-25 min for recovery on off days.
                    Last edited by gergirl; 02-13-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Madcow: End of Week 4

Liking barefoot training. My squats felt good.

Squats:

90 kg x 5
                      110 kg x 5
                      132.5 kg (291.5 lb) x 5
                      155 kg (341 lb) x 5
                      182.5 kg (401.5 lb) x 3 (Match 3 RM)
                      132.5 kg (291.5 lb) x 8

I noticed my right knee turning in at the sticking point on one of the 155 kg reps. Pissed me off. I've never had, or at least noticed, that form breakdown before. I'm going to watch the way my knees track when I drive out of the hole very carefully now.

Bench Press:

52.5 kg x 5
                      65 kg x 5
                      80 kg (176 lb) x 5
                      92.5 kg (203.5 lb)x 5
                      107.5 kg (236.5 lb) x 2 (f)
                      80 kg (176 lb) x 8

This bench stall is really F**king pissing me off right now. Thought I'd ironed out my form issues. I was gassed today, but I still won't accept that as an excuse. I've repped 5 out of not much less weight. I've fricking hit a more solid 1 RM rep on 115 kg (253 lb).

If this shit doesn't resolve itself I'm going to deload and hit 3x5 or some cluster style training.

F*********CCCKKKKKKKK.

Row:

60 kg @ 2 x 5
                      77.5 kg (170.5 lb) x 5
                      90 kg (198 lb)x 5
                      102.5 kg (225 lb) x 3
                      77.5 kg (170.5 lb) x 8

Happy with the rows. My form felt good.

Messed around with Ahnold Presses and Seated Machine Rear Delt Extensions (i.e. reverse pec dec), then limped home.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                        Madcow: End of Week 4

Liking barefoot training. My squats felt good.

Squats:

90 kg x 5
                        110 kg x 5
                        132.5 kg (291.5 lb) x 5
                        155 kg (341 lb) x 5
                        182.5 kg (401.5 lb) x 3 (Match 3 RM)
                        132.5 kg (291.5 lb) x 8

I noticed my right knee turning in at the sticking point on one of the 155 kg reps. Pissed me off. I've never had, or at least noticed, that form breakdown before. I'm going to watch the way my knees track when I drive out of the hole very carefully now.

Bench Press:

52.5 kg x 5
                        65 kg x 5
                        80 kg (176 lb) x 5
                        92.5 kg (203.5 lb)x 5
                        107.5 kg (236.5 lb) x 2 (f)
                        80 kg (176 lb) x 8

This bench stall is really F**king pissing me off right now. Thought I'd ironed out my form issues. I was gassed today, but I still won't accept that as an excuse. I've repped 5 out of not much less weight. I've fricking hit a more solid 1 RM rep on 115 kg (253 lb).

If this shit doesn't resolve itself I'm going to deload and hit 3x5 or some cluster style training.

F*********CCCKKKKKKKK.

Row:

60 kg @ 2 x 5
                        77.5 kg (170.5 lb) x 5
                        90 kg (198 lb)x 5
                        102.5 kg (225 lb) x 3
                        77.5 kg (170.5 lb) x 8

Happy with the rows. My form felt good.

Messed around with Ahnold Presses and Seated Machine Rear Delt Extensions (i.e. reverse pec dec), then limped home.
                        A lot of people find that the frequency of bench pressing needs to be increased to drive gains after a certain point. Also, it seems to be the most sensitive to fluctuations in bodyweight. I messed around with some light bench presses at the ladyfriend's house last Saturday (not a normal lifting day for me) and then hit a 1 and 2-rep PR Monday. I'll probably do the same this Saturday and see if it works again.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          A lot of people find that the frequency of bench pressing needs to be increased to drive gains after a certain point. Also, it seems to be the most sensitive to fluctuations in bodyweight. I messed around with some light bench presses at the ladyfriend's house last Saturday (not a normal lifting day for me) and then hit a 1 and 2-rep PR Monday. I'll probably do the same this Saturday and see if it works again.
                          Post how it goes. My bench is pathetic.
                          In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                            Post how it goes. My bench is pathetic.
                            Well, I'm not gonna bring any plates to her house, so I'm likely stuck benching <200 on Saturdays. But it's just supposed to be some extra volume anyway, not really a huge intensity stimulus. Then again, I'm starting to work on my pre-meet recomp, so if I drop below 160 lbs, which I should, there will be negative bench press consequences. It will be hard to separate out the noise, but I'll gladly share the data.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Well, I'm not gonna bring any plates to her house, so I'm likely stuck benching <200 on Saturdays.
                              I find your lack of commitment disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                                I find your lack of commitment disturbing.
                                I know. I'm totally mailing it in.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X