No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna go sit on an exercise bike and move my legs for 45 minutes today. Then go do some paperwork. Then go lift. I kinda wing my workouts anymore, but this is what I'm feeling like doing:

Weighted chins- feel like going heavy today so maybe 90lbs
    Weighted dips - haven't done in a while so might go moderate for reps 70lbs
    Dead lift- light - moderate today so 225-285 probably

During rest I'll do some
    goblet squats with an 80lb dumbell
    batwings with 20's
    one arm OHP with 50's

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      Weighted chins- feel like going heavy today so maybe 90lbs
      Better do at least 3 x 3. I barely got over the bar on the final rep.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Better do at least 3 x 3. I barely got over the bar on the final rep.
        Hehe, well what I actually did was

Goblet squats
        100x5/100x8/100x10
        Superset with
        Batwings
        50x10/50x10/50x10

Weighted chins
        45x8/70x5/90x3 (tough but I got it )....actually even the 70x5 was feeling a little rough
        Superset with
        One arm Bench
        65x5/65x5/65x5

Dips
        BWx10x3

Leg Press
        290x10x2

Jumping to 100lbs for the goblets and those chins took a bit more out of me than expected so deads are posponed to Thursday.

I've gone from HIT Jedi to Volume Whore. LOL, actually I just found that I still like high intensity for 1- 2 compounds per workout, but volume for purpose of joint health and mobility along with practiced motions has its place in my program.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-11-2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Hehe, well what I actually did was

Goblet squats
          100x5/100x8/100x10
          Superset with
          Batwings
          50x10/50x10/50x10

Weighted chins
          45x8/70x5/90x3 (tough but I got it )....actually even the 70x5 was feeling a little rough
          Superset with
          One arm Bench
          65x5/65x5/65x5
          I don't think I can chin 70 x 5. Not positive about 45 x 8 either. Sick.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            I don't think I can chin 70 x 5. Not positive about 45 x 8 either. Sick.
            You just need to stop squating and dead lifting so damn much! Let those legs atrophy a bit like mine and you'll hit all new chinning PRs. Chicken legs rock the chin bar!

Comment

• Pull-ups/Hindu Push-ups - 8,8,8,6/5,5,5,5
              Power Clean + Push Press 75x3,3; 84x3; 93x1,1; 96x1; 87x2; 91x1,1,1
              Bench Press 93: 5,5,3,3,2
              BB Row 85x8,8,8
              KB Long Cycle Clean + Press 24+24x6,6,6,6
              Renegade Rows + Push-up 24+24: 5

Was not feeling 100% today.
              Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Make sure your driving with the heel/leg rather than just relying on the sit up. I practiced that motion alone (the 1/4 getup some call it) for 5 reps on each side for like 10-14 days with the 55lb KB before moving on to the full GU. I didn't have a smaller bell so I just broke it down into parts till I felt comfortable doing the whole with the 55.
                You were spot on Neck (as well as my strength seeming to spike after a day off yesterday). Used 24kg for the 1st get up tonight, concentrating on driving with the supporting heel/leg and it flew up and was able to do the full get up. Probably could've managed more than the 1st, but after increasing my OHS's I thought I'd take just the one set today and increase the get ups with the 24 bell tomorrow.

Today's workout:

100 x swings with 24kg KB (10 x 2h, 10 x 2h, 10 x 2h, 10 x 2h, 5R + 5L, 5R + 5L, 10R, 10L, 10R, 10L.
                5 get ups (1 x 24kg, 4 x 16kg)
                If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• First day training barefoot. Loved it. Will become a regular fixture of my routine.

Someone made me f**king mad at the gym on my final set of deadlifts, when I was having problems repping 440 lb. That... was... not... wise.

Squats (Light):

90 kg x 5
                  110 kg x 5
                  135 kg @ 2 x 5

OHP:

42.5 kg x 5
                  55 kg x 5
                  65 kg x 5
                  72.5 kg x 5

Deadlifts:

125 kg x 5
                  155 kg x 5
                  180 kg x 5
                  200 kg (440 lb) (1) (1) (3) Technically 3 RM

The is where I got fucking mad. One of the trainers was nearby, running a young dude through a shouders routine. I failed the second rep on my 440s the first couple of times because my grip gave out. I began left hand supine and it just wasn't working. After my second failure I went to switch songs before I attempted it with right supine. The trainer was talking to the kid, and they assumed I couldn't hear because my music was on.

"What the f**k is he doing, man?"

"He's trying to finish his set. He won't take a failure."

"What do you think his set is?"

"I think he's gonna try to rep three out of it."

"...nah.... he can't do it."

Red rag. Bull.

Switched grips. I got my 3 reps out clean and growled out my Valsalva at the top of each lockout.

Then I thought, f**k this, I'm not letting some pinhead who's barely old enough to shave tell me I can't lift what I damn well set out to. I'll f**king show him.... and grabbed me some 15s.

photo1-2.jpg

230 kg (506 lb) x 1 (1RM)

Right hand supine. It went up slow and hard. The synovial fluid around L4-L5 popped some as I drove up. I figured at that point "Ah well, in for a penny, in for a pound."

I somehow got it to lockout and held it then let out a stentorian grunt. Then I held it for a good three count just to make sure the little f**ker saw it.

Surprise, cockfag.

Ok, it was petty, but it made me happy

2014 lifting goal numero dos. Box ticked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                    Congrats, you dirty sandbagger! Beat me to 500 after all. We're sworn enemies now. But congrats.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I'll start the slow clap. Great work!
                      In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• 5min warm up
                        7min lunges(back and forth),side lunges, sumo squats, dead lift, first circuit bw, second circuit 12 kg load, last minute only sumo squats
                        10min hiit stationary bike
                        8min core and butt bw
                        10min hiit stationary bike, 3min cool down
                        12min stretch
                        never did this order of exercises, but read about and wanted to try. It was fun. Didn't care about effects doing it.
                        Maybe it is not the optimum, but it was said that splitting the hiit in two parts with a break where do not do any leg workout, increases the fat burn effect and the afterburn. Do not know if it's true?! Any opinions?

Although I cannot compete with any guy posting here, I feel like keeping up the flag for the women around here
                        Where are you, ladies?
                        Last edited by gergirl; 02-12-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gergirl View Post
                          Although I cannot compete with any guy posting here, I feel like keeping up the flag for the women around here
                          Where are you, ladies?
                          Pics tend to help in the raising flags and all...

Comment

Pics tend to help in the raising flags and all...
                            Boom!

Comment

• Also, thanks Rich & Jefferson.

Man I killed a big meal after that workout. 1 lb of steak, 1 lb of chicken hearts, close to 2 lb of berries and a cup of heavy cream.

Sleep was gooooood.

Comment

Also, thanks Rich & Jefferson.

Man I killed a big meal after that workout. 1 lb of steak, 1 lb of chicken hearts, close to 2 lb of berries and a cup of heavy cream.

Sleep was gooooood.
                                Wow... nice PWO meal! And yeah congrats on breaking 500. Thats sick!

Comment

Working...
                                X