No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time touching a barbell in two months. Did deadlifts, worked my way up to an easy 160kg. My 1RM was 167.5kg, and it definitely wasn't easy. So feel I have not lost any strength at all, but maybe even gotten a bit stronger while being away.

Will be good to train the deadlift again

Comment

• Today:

Back Squat 120.5kg x 2,4,6,8,8,6,4,2
      Sumo Deadlift 166 x 2,2,2; 175x1 (Not super wide, feet straight ahead)
      TGU 24 x 2,2,2
      Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• Reorganized my schedule a bit, to get ready for a PL meet I plan to enter on May 17th.

Squat:
        375 x 2 (2-/1-rep PR)
        335 x 3
        295 x 8

Bench:
        240 x 2 (2-/1-rep PR)
        215 x 3
        190 x 10 (f)
        165 x 10 x 3

Deadlift: (in shoes)
        405 x 4 (f)
        405 x 1

Power Clean:
        142.5 x 3 x 4

Dips:
        90 x 5 x 3

Chins:
        90 x 3 x 3
        Last edited by RichMahogany; 02-10-2014, 06:53 PM.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
          Hung over all day, late night drinking with some friends, I'm getting too old for that stuff now days !

Did do some Abs and Neck work.
          Honestly, I like doing kettlebell work (like swings, cleans, etc) for volume and maybe a run. Seems to cure a hangover pretty quick. The biggest obstacle is getting off the couch or out of bed. Or maybe I'm too motivated. :/
          Check out my blog!

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury22 View Post
            Honestly, I like doing kettlebell work (like swings, cleans, etc) for volume and maybe a run. Seems to cure a hangover pretty quick. The biggest obstacle is getting off the couch or out of bed. Or maybe I'm too motivated. :/
            A cheese omelet with lots of hot sauce followed by a half hour of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is the best remedy I know. I guess sweating and getting the heart rate up helps move the acetaldehyde out. Or something.
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Today:

Back Squat 120.5kg x 2,4,6,8,8,6,4,2
              Sumo Deadlift 166 x 2,2,2; 175x1 (Not super wide, feet straight ahead)
              TGU 24 x 2,2,2
              Fury22, do you always pull sumo?
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Reorganized my schedule a bit, to get ready for a PL meet I plan to enter on May 17th.

Squat:
                375 x 2 (2-/1-rep PR)
                Niiiiiice!

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                A cheese omelet with lots of hot sauce followed by a half hour of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is the best remedy I know. I guess sweating and getting the heart rate up helps move the acetaldehyde out. Or something.
                Prevention is the best option. Eat a high protein meal before drinking, drink a lot of water afterwards, and become 7/8 German. That seems to help.
                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Yeah I discovered this in college. The best in fall/end of winter when it's 50-60 outside.

Fury22, do you always pull sumo?
                  No, I don't. I've been pulling sumo on monday, Romanian deadlifts on thursday after squats, then regular stance saturday for volume (Russian Bear outline from Power to the people).

My sumo stance isn't quite sumo. It's a bit wider than shoulder width, feet straight ahead, grip is three fingers on the knurling. It's a good strong stance where i can still get the same torque effect with a standard stance and can pull a bit more.
                  Check out my blog!

Comment

No, I don't. I've been pulling sumo on monday, Romanian deadlifts on thursday after squats, then regular stance saturday for volume (Russian Bear outline from Power to the people).

My sumo stance isn't quite sumo. It's a bit wider than shoulder width, feet straight ahead, grip is three fingers on the knurling. It's a good strong stance where i can still get the same torque effect with a standard stance and can pull a bit more.
                    How much more do you pull semi-sumo vs. conventional?
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

How much more do you pull semi-sumo vs. conventional?
                      Haven't maxed on them in awhile. Not a whole lot more, but it's a bit more comfortable as I can keep my body tighter and I feel like I get into a better position that way.
                      Check out my blog!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                        become 7/8 German. That seems to help.
                        Jawol. Germans and Russians are be hardcore hardcore.

@ Rich

Awesome work man. Your whole lifting profile is coming along really well.

Man, that hangover cure sounds awesome too. F**k I hate this f**king nightshade ban already. Potato and tomato, meh, but my hot sauce... grrrrrr.

Today:

Squats:

90 kg (198 lb) x 5
                        110 kg (242 lb) x 5
                        132.5 (292 lb) x 5
                        155 kg (341 lb) x 5
                        177.5 kg (390 lb) x 5

Bench Press:

52.5 kg (115 lb) x 5
                        65 kg (143 lb) x 5
                        80 kg (176 lb) x 5
                        92.5 kg (203 lb) x 5
                        105 kg (231 lb) x 4 (f)

F**king mutherf**king bench press you f**king f**k!!!!!!!!

This... was... frustrating. The 105 x 5 will be mine ... oh yes, it will be mine.

Damn that was frustrating... I got the drive started on the fifth, then boom, clanging on the pins. Kills me because I know I have it in me, but today it just wasn't happening. Goddammit.

Row:

60 kg (132 lb) kg @ 2x5
                        72.5 kg (160 lb) x 5
                        85 kg (187 lb) x 5
                        97.5 kg (214 lb) x 5

Accessory work:

Cable crossovers, EZ Bar curls (21s), cable curls, reverse grip bench press, Machine Row, Dips.

Sprints:

Eliptical - 4 min Tabatas, 1 min off, 6 min Wingates (30 sec on, 1 min off)

Smoked myself with these sprints at the end, but man it was worth it. Sweated buckets and felt amazing once I got my breath back.

I'm sick of this weighing 106 kg business. I'm still eating big, but no more skipping sprints. It's time for a mini cut.

Comment

• Holy hell stop squatting so much weight, everyone. I'm trying to catch up.

Today was squat 5x5 @ 240, bench 5x5 @ 225, deadlift 1x5 @ 355, some accessory arm work.

I'm gonna 5-rep 270 on squats Friday. 275 if I'm feeling randy.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                            Holy hell stop squatting so much weight, everyone. I'm trying to catch up.

Today was squat 5x5 @ 240, bench 5x5 @ 225, deadlift 1x5 @ 355, some accessory arm work.

I'm gonna 5-rep 270 on squats Friday. 275 if I'm feeling randy.

Sent via lightsaber
                            Dude, I'm jealous as fuck of your bench. Lemme have something here.

Comment

• 2.5hrs of bjj.
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                                Holy hell stop squatting so much weight, everyone. I'm trying to catch up.
                                I can't, I'm trying to catch Reventon and stay about even with Jefferson (Didn't I used to lift more than Jefferson? Sandbagger!!!).

Of course, you're the guy to catch on the bench press.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X