Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Squat
    370x1
    330x3
    295x5

    Chinups
    220(BW) x 8-5-5

    Dips
    252.5(BW+32.5)x5x3

    Prowler
    90 lb x 40 yd x 2

    Here's what I did this morning. I lose my valsalva at about 17 seconds.

    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

    This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

    Comment


    • I like the idea. The mixed lift system also has merit for gains across multiple muscle groups and breaking plateaus. I busted my first hard bench press plateau by focusing on reverse grip and floor presses, so the logic holds really well IMO. I like it a lot. I think this will be my program choice 3rd quarter this year while I ramp up for Tough Mudder, then I can pound myself to dust with Smolov in the 4th Quarter.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
        Squat
        370x1
        330x3
        295x5

        Chinups
        220(BW) x 8-5-5

        Dips
        252.5(BW+32.5)x5x3

        Prowler
        90 lb x 40 yd x 2

        Here's what I did this morning. I lose my valsalva at about 17 seconds.
        Solid work man. That's a shit feeling when the breath whuffs out on the drive up and you're stuck there halfway mentally cussing and grinding it out.

        Good job

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
          Here's what I did this morning. I lose my valsalva at about 17 seconds.
          Solid hip drive. You should post that on the SS forums to show all the noobs how to do it right.

          Originally posted by Reventon View Post
          I like the idea. The mixed lift system also has merit for gains across multiple muscle groups and breaking plateaus. I busted my first hard bench press plateau by focusing on reverse grip and floor presses, so the logic holds really well IMO. I like it a lot. I think this will be my program choice 3rd quarter this year while I ramp up for Tough Mudder, then I can pound myself to dust with Smolov in the 4th Quarter.
          Cool. I'll keep you posted if I go that route after the big lifts start hitting a wall on 5/1
          The Champagne of Beards

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            Solid hip drive. You should post that on the SS forums to show all the noobs how to do it right.

            I'd love to see a thread laid out that way.

            "Dear n00bs,


            Watch this now.



            Thank me later.


            YOU'RE WELCOME."

            Comment


            • I just updated my old log. It ended kinda abruptly.
              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

              This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                I just updated my old log. It ended kinda abruptly.
                Literally watched it five times to learn something.......Nice dude!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                  I just updated my old log. It ended kinda abruptly.
                  I saw that. You'll show those Noobz.
                  The Champagne of Beards

                  Comment


                  • 100 x swings @ 24kg in 8:17 (mixed in 10 one armed swings and tried for a couple more but ended up doing one h2h instead).

                    5 getups @ 16kg in 9:30, then tested with the 24kg. Can press it up now but only make half the sit up
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                    Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                    Comment


                    • I change my routine every few weeks.
                      Last edited by venfayon; 02-10-2014, 06:23 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Squats
                        135x10/155x15/165x13/165x13

                        One arm OHP
                        50x8x3
                        Superset with
                        Hammer Row
                        160x8x3

                        Lateral raise
                        2x8x90
                        superset with
                        Cable Crossovers
                        Some weight for 2 sets of 10

                        Leg Press
                        270x10x2

                        Farmers Walks
                        200x2 for 1 lap round gym

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                          100 x swings @ 24kg in 8:17 (mixed in 10 one armed swings and tried for a couple more but ended up doing one h2h instead).

                          5 getups @ 16kg in 9:30, then tested with the 24kg. Can press it up now but only make half the sit up
                          Make sure your driving with the heel/leg rather than just relying on the sit up. I practiced that motion alone (the 1/4 getup some call it) for 5 reps on each side for like 10-14 days with the 55lb KB before moving on to the full GU. I didn't have a smaller bell so I just broke it down into parts till I felt comfortable doing the whole with the 55.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                            Make sure your driving with the heel/leg rather than just relying on the sit up. I practiced that motion alone (the 1/4 getup some call it) for 5 reps on each side for like 10-14 days with the 55lb KB before moving on to the full GU. I didn't have a smaller bell so I just broke it down into parts till I felt comfortable doing the whole with the 55.
                            Thanks Neck, I'll double check that tomorrow
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                            Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                            Comment


                            • Hung over all day, late night drinking with some friends, I'm getting too old for that stuff now days !

                              Did do some Abs and Neck work.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                                Hung over all day, late night drinking with some friends, I'm getting too old for that stuff now days !

                                Did do some Abs and Neck work.
                                So age matters

                                Did full body circuit with dumbbells and tried renegate rows in a new way with heavier weight. Jippie!
                                Then HIIT on the stair master. Puhhh...a good stretch afterwards

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X