What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprints. Hopefully 5x200m.

I would like to try hill sprints, but for the life of me, I can't think of any good hills close by to try it out on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
      I had to scale back the getups and one arm swings are a no go. Damn I'm getting old . Now I only do the 2 hand swings and I go to the gym and use the 35lb dumbell (since I only got the 55lb KB) for a few getups.

Left shoulder will not cooperate with the amount of instability the 55 gives on the one arm swings.
      I've decided getting old sucks, so I'm just not going to age anymore from here on

I'm really enjoying S&S, it is just so simple!

100 x swings @ 24kg in 5:10
      5 getups @ 16kg in 10:02

The getups are feeling much more solid now. A bit of a tremble in the elbow in my last rep on the left in the way down, which is a little disconcerting with the kb right above your face

Need to start working one hand swings I now I think.

I'm definitely feeling stronger and my body is just feeling more solid even after just a couple of weeks. Looking forward to a couple of months from now.
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Squat:
        265 x 5 x 3

Press:
        105 x 5 / 120 x 5 / 135 x 8 / 105 x 12 / 105 x 12

Deadlift:
        320 x 5 / 370 x 5 / 420 x 5

Dips:
        50 x 10 x 3

Chins:
        50 x 6 x 3

"Kroc" rows:
        80 x 8 x 2 (each side)

"Kroc" rows w/ Fat Gripz:
        50 x 15 (each side)
        50 x 12 (each side)
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Man, the way you're casually mentioning 420 x 5 deadlifts is nuts. Bastard

Got heavy trips followed by 8 lights tonight, my most dreaded night of MadCow. Wish me luck.

Comment

• I am not allowed to put any weight on my broken foot for another two weeks, so I swam laps at the pool this morning. Oh how I miss my power walks around the lake.

Comment

• I am just writing comments in this forum and looking to write as many as i can do.

Comment

• Raining outside tonight, so had to do sprints on rower at the gym. 5x300m with 90 seconds rest in between. Felt good.

Comment

• MadCow Friday's... Worst... Day.... Ever.

But I gots shit done.

Squat:

90kg (198 lb) x 5
                  110kg (242 lb) x 5
                  130kg (286 lb) x 5
                  150kg (330 lb) x 5
                  177.5kg (390 lb) x 3
                  130kg (286 lb) x 8

Given those heavy trips were very close to my 3RM and I punched out the eight afterwards without being close to failure (but in much agony) I'm pretty happy. Methinks Monday is going to be sweet.

Bench:

52.5kg (115 lb) x 5
                  65kg (143 lb) x 5
                  77.5kg (170 lb) x 5
                  90kg (198 lb) x 5
                  105kg (230 lb) x 3
                  77.5kg (170 lb) x 8

Lovin suicide grip and working a resistance band between sets. Specifically, my left shoulder is loving that action. Best decision I've made in a while.

Pendlay Row:

60kg (132 lb) @ 2 x 5
                  72.5kg (160 lb) x 5
                  85kg (187 lb) x 5
                  100kg (220 lb) x 3
                  72.5kg (160 lb) x 8

Used a hook grip for both hands and concentrated on turning my elbows out on these. Loved the difference. Much better engagement for my back.

Farmers Walks:

50 kg (110 lb) per hand, 4 x 25 ish metres.

Boy did these smoke me. Towards the end I cheated it by holding the weight against my quads as my gripped failed.

Imma go lighter next week and do more of them.
                  Last edited by Reventon; 02-07-2014, 03:59 AM.

Comment

• I'm recovering from a sickness (cold like, but with a fever added in) so I decided to take it very easy. Did some grease the grove style pistols. So sets of 1, with ample rest in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                      Squat:

90kg (198 lb) x 5
                      110kg (242 lb) x 5
                      130kg (286 lb) x 5
                      150kg (330 lb) x 5
                      177.5kg (390 lb) x 3
                      130kg (286 lb) x 8
                      Gnarly work on those!
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I'm just getting started after a two year break so I'm doing a light workout by comparison to most here:

25 pushups
                        50 situps
                        5 forward planks
                        5 side planks (each side)

This is getting to feel easy again and I am considering increasing my routine soon.
                        Let's get out there and make this a great day!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          Gnarly work on those!
                          Thanks man. Very happy that I'm going deeper on them now as I break parallel. I just have to constantly remind myself to keep my knees tracking.

Next two weeks are approaching PR on everything territory. Going to be interesting.

Comment

Next two weeks are approaching PR on everything territory. Going to be interesting.
                            The fun part! Enjoy it.

I've been in PR territory on my intensity week (the 1 week of 5/3/1, where the 5 week would be my volume week and the 3 week I skip completely) for a while now. Already re-set the press and I'm down to triples and doubles on the rest. Soon will come singles, then failing each thing, then evaluating whether it's time to re-set or try another program.

But I've ridden it far beyond my old PR's already, so I kind of have this feeling of already accomplishing something. As crazy as it is to say it, I feel like I'm kind of coasting. Not effort-wise, but I feel like every time I get under the bar and squat or bench a new weight, it's just kind of bonus PR weight. It's liberating, whereas sets across sometimes just feels like it beats you down, crushes your soul, takes your lunch money, and leaves you in a roadside ditch, begging for spare change to buy vagisil.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Not effort-wise, but I feel like every time I get under the bar and squat or bench a new weight, it's just kind of bonus PR weight. It's liberating, whereas sets across sometimes just feels like it beats you down, crushes your soul, takes your lunch money, and leaves you in a roadside ditch, begging for spare change to buy vagisil.
                              Word.

After pissing on your favourite books, making a horrid karaoke mockery of your favorite songs, groping your girlfriend, pantsing you in a crowded room and spoiling the end of the Usual Suspects before you watch it.

Yeah, 5x5 or 3x5 across be brutal, yo.

Comment

Yeah, 5x5 or 3x5 across be brutal, yo.
                                I know. That must be why I'm seriously thinking about going back to it. Ever heard of HLM? It was originally Bill Starr's idea, I believe, but it's been adapted by one of the prominent Starting Strength coaches, Andy Baker, who's sort of the top programming guy over there. Here's part 1 of a recent article he wrote on it. If you get a chance to check it out, let me know what you think:

Simplifying the Heavy Light Medium System - Part 1: Introduction & Squats - Baker Strength Coaching
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X