What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MadCow: 2nd Day

Might have a do on with some friends tomorrow. Got my workout in tonight just to knock it over. Luckily it was a relatively light day (speaking loosely), so it was ultimately not such a bad idea cuing it up with low rest.

Squat:

85 kg (187 lb) x 5, 105 kg (231 lb) x 5, 125 kg (275 lb) x 5, 145 kg (319 lb) x5, 170 kg (374 lb) x 3, 125 kg (275 lb) x 8

Bench:

50 kg (110 lb) x 5, 60 kg (132 lb) x 5, 70 kg (154 lb) x 5, 85 kg (187 lb) x 5, 95 (209 lb) x 3, 70 kg (154 lb) x 8

Rows:

50 kg (110 lb) x 5, 60 kg (132 lb) x 5, 70 kg (154 lb) x 5, 80 kg ( 176 lb) x 5, 90 (198 lb) x 3, 70 kg (154 lb) x 8

The final set of eight knackered me on all of them. That last bit of volume is deceptively innocuous on paper but rather painful in reality. I went through the whole routine with minimal rest (knocked it over in around 50 mins). I was sweating profusely by the end of it. I'm really looking forward to Monday's heavy fives.

I have a feeling you're right Rich, that I could squeeze more progress out of 3x5 accross, but this style of doing things works really well and has me feeling psyched at the end of the workout for more. 3x5 accross was just becoming like torture. This is hard, but it's sustainable intensity, especially given my sleep is shithouse and my nutrition is good, but sub optimal right now.

Comment

• Full body workout with dumbbells, one set of exercises with machines, hiit on the stationary bike. Hiit was really hard, didn't work out to my limits when doing the strength part before hit. I have to get used to this order of exercises first...

Comment

• Stiff Legged Deadlifts-270lbs x 4
        Leg Press-430lbs-Rest/Pause- 3,3,3,3,3,
        Leg Ext- 1 set to total failure

Seated calf raise- 1 set total failure
        Leg press Calf raise-1 set total failure

Dumbbell lateral raise-22.5lb D's- 1 set total failure
        Cable Laterals- 1 set total failure
        Seated shoulder press MC- Rest/Pause x 2 sets

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
          Stiff Legged Deadlifts-270lbs x 4
          Wow, you're really adding some serious weight to those SLDL's, Oldschhool.

I am convinced I'm either fighting off or coming down with a virus that's been going around my office. My night was sub-standard:

Squats:
          255 x 5 x 3

"Olympic" Press:
          100 x 5
          115 x 5
          130 x 7

Deadlift:
          315 x 5 (first 2 DOH, last 3 left-supinated)
          360 x 5 (left supinated)
          410 x 5 (right supinated)

I actually cleaned up and started to head out after this. Then the vision of forever being the guy who barely benches 2 plates hit me so I turned around and did the following accessory work, even though I really wasn't feeling it.

Fat-Gripz Deadlift:
          185 x 3
          185 x 2
          185 x 1 and hold to failure

Olympic Press (2 minute rest):
          95 x 10 x 4

Close-Grip Bench Press (2 minute rest):
          145 x 10
          155 x 10
          165 x 5
          155 x 8

Chin-ups:
          Unweighted x 10. Planned on just doing 1 all out set of 15+, but tonight's trend continued.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post

I am convinced I'm either fighting off or coming down with a virus that's been going around my office. My night was sub-standard:

Squats:
            255 x 5 x 3

"Olympic" Press:
            100 x 5
            115 x 5
            130 x 7

Deadlift:
            360 x 5 (left supinated)

I actually cleaned up and started to head out after this. Then the vision of forever being the guy who barely benches 2 plates hit me so I turned around and did the following accessory work, even though I really wasn't feeling it.

Fat-Gripz Deadlift:
            185 x 3
            185 x 2

95 x 10 x 4

145 x 10
            155 x 10
            165 x 5
            155 x 8

Chin-ups:
            Unweighted x 10. Planned on just doing 1 all out set of 15+, but tonight's trend continued.
            Thanks buddy, as I nearly always train to failure I actually felt like I wimped out on these as I probably had two reps left in the tank. I've tweaked my back with deadlifts during my teenage years so I'm doing them super strict now and stopping before my form starts to fail.

Comment

Squats:
              255 x 5 x 3

"Olympic" Press:
              100 x 5
              115 x 5
              130 x 7

Deadlift:
              360 x 5 (left supinated)

Fat-Gripz Deadlift:
              185 x 3
              185 x 2

95 x 10 x 4

145 x 10
              155 x 10
              165 x 5
              155 x 8

Chin-ups:
              Thanks buddy, as I nearly always train to failure I actually felt like I wimped out on these as I probably had two reps left in the tank. I've tweaked my back with deadlifts during my teenage years so I'm doing them super strict now and stopping before my form starts to fail.

Comment

• I started this yesterday to work my way up to a pull-up. It's just what I have available to me and what I'm capable of doing right now.

15 lb bent over rows 5 x 7 (on each side)
                5 sec hanging from pull-up bar with packed shoulders x 5
                15 lb kettlebell swings 5 x 10

I'll work out the numbers for sets & reps as I go. I'm a bit sore today, expect to be more sore as the day goes on, but tempted to do more tonight. If I work this out so that I'm too sore to hang from the bar every day, I'll do kettlebell swings on the off days.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Today I did the baseline Kratos workout from Drew Baye's Project Kratos. I by no mean thought I was strong, but this has been a terribly humbling experience

Comment

• Originally posted by Canuck_Cam View Post
                    Today I did the baseline Kratos workout from Drew Baye's Project Kratos. I by no mean thought I was strong, but this has been a terribly humbling experience
                    Maybe you could do a post going into a little more detail about this workout, I'm sure will rock with Drew behind it !

Comment

• Squats 135x10, 185x12
                      Hammer strength rows 2x 140x10
                      Weighted dips 2x 45x10
                      Good mornings 2x 65x10
                      Hammer lateral raises 2x 90x10
                      4x 20 sec HIIT intervals on recumbent

I was thinking about RM's deadlift march that seems to just keep going up and up. Do ya thing the squatmornings help? Totally serious here. Seems there are several guys that really like good mornings in a program built for big deads. I was just wondering if its possible that even the unintentional squatmorning a couple times a week are helping. Hey, always looking for the silver lining .

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        I started this yesterday to work my way up to a pull-up. It's just what I have available to me and what I'm capable of doing right now.

15 lb bent over rows 5 x 7 (on each side)
                        5 sec hanging from pull-up bar with packed shoulders x 5
                        15 lb kettlebell swings 5 x 10

I'll work out the numbers for sets & reps as I go. I'm a bit sore today, expect to be more sore as the day goes on, but tempted to do more tonight. If I work this out so that I'm too sore to hang from the bar every day, I'll do kettlebell swings on the off days.
                        Good deal! Looks like your working toward that goal with a good plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                          I was thinking about RM's deadlift march that seems to just keep going up and up. Do ya thing the squatmornings help? Totally serious here. Seems there are several guys that really like good mornings in a program built for big deads. I was just wondering if its possible that even the unintentional squatmorning a couple times a week are helping. Hey, always looking for the silver lining .
                          There is a definite possibility, especially once the absolute numbers get to a certain level. Think you're on to something there Necky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                            Or maybe the deadlifts help me grind through the squatmornings? I actually think I've finally got a handle on the squatmorning issue though. I'll keep everybody posted.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                              Maybe you could do a post going into a little more detail about this workout, I'm sure will rock with Drew behind it !
                              Can't go into too much detail, then folks won't buy the book!

It has a strict focus on time under load/tension, squeezing the active muscles, slow cadence. It was all bodyweight stuff and I hurt so good today!

Comment

Or maybe the deadlifts help me grind through the squatmornings? I actually think I've finally got a handle on the squatmorning issue though. I'll keep everybody posted.
                                I'm just trying to reverse engineer your gains so that I can break my own deadlift plateau

Comment

Working...
                                X