• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's a good day man. And sick work with the Deadlifts

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
      That's a good day man. And sick work with the Deadlifts
      Thanks, my man. Gotta keep on your tail!
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Today I did jogging and sit-ups.

Comment

• No workout Wendesday. Hit the gym for a bit today.

Looks like my workout has consolidated at 3x5 for now. Unless my energy levels are through the roof next week I doubt I'll continue that pace for long, I'll more likely scale volume to 2x5 or MadCow.

Squats:

175 kg (385 lb) @ 3 x 5

OHP:

70 kg (154 lb) @ 3 x 5

Messed with my grip. Placed my hands a bit narrower, tried to "pull the bar apart" and was able to drive up very stably. Got this idea watching the form of a big kid who throws up 100 kgs (220 lb) like it's fucking sponge. He's just a genetic freak of a pendejo, but clearly his form is good too.

Flat bench Dumbbell Presses: 45 kg (99 lbs) per hand; 3x5
          Supersetted with DB Flies: 15 kg (33 lbs) per hands; 3x8

Really didn't feel like deadlifts or rows today. Didn't do any cardio or additional support work. Wasn't gassed, I was just the right amount of tired at the end of my workout. Did a very quick cable warm up for my shoulders, one set each of very light front raises, lateral raises and rear delt flies.

Comment

• Lat pull downs and rows on machines (close) to failure. Chops with dumbbells, biceps curls with barbell. I'm starting to see a bit of my veins on the shoulders, biceps and even more on my forearms. Does that mean that my muscles are really working and the weight is high enough? Or doesn't it mean anything?

Comment

• Gonna go light today. In respect to the "do it daily" method I'm working under this still means a hinge, squat, push and pull....just I'll do em all with light weight for "tonic" reps. So I'm gonna KB 55lb it today:

75-100 swings (hing and pull)
              15 goblet squats
              5-10 turkish getups. (push)

Comment

• Originally posted by gergirl View Post
                Lat pull downs and rows on machines (close) to failure. Chops with dumbbells, biceps curls with barbell. I'm starting to see a bit of my veins on the shoulders, biceps and even more on my forearms. Does that mean that my muscles are really working and the weight is high enough? Or doesn't it mean anything?
                What are chops with dumbbells? They sound awesome. I wanna do chops.
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Wood chops on youtube
                  http:// http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tH8ZeVgupYY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtH8 ZeVgupYY
                  Last edited by gergirl; 01-17-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• You know wood chops???
                    [URL="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tH8ZeVgupYY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtH8 ZeVgupYY"[/URL]

Comment

• I'd give those a miss personally, if you do trunk raises and dumbbell side bends you will load your oblique's etc far more safely and efficiently. Don't get drawn into the crazy myth of ' Functional ' exercise.

A Return To The Dark Ages? | High Intensity Training by Drew Baye

Comment

• Will check that out do not do them very often. I' m just sortingout old exercises and get innew ones. Trail and error...you know??

Comment

Will check that out do not do them very often. I' m just sortingout old exercises and get innew ones. Trail and error...you know??
                          Around a year ago I fell into the ' Functional ' trap, I was doing the weirdest twisting type exercises from pulleys and such like. Eventually I stepped back and analyzed exactly what functions the muscles served and realized how confused I'd become.

In my opinion some of the greatest Trunk/Oblique development can be seen on the old lifters such as Eugen Sandow, he was born back in 1867, long before they came up with Woodchops, Spiderman Push ups and Mountain climbers. How did they manage such development without TRX's and Bosu balls ? Good old fashioned heavy lifting !

Last edited by OldSchhool; 01-17-2014, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• I see your point and I'm with you in some cases. I also do think that there're a lot of dull things around (bosu etc) but I do think that there are some good things about doing "functional" stuff. Quite a lot of functional exercises derive from yoga e.g. There're certain movements (if carefully done) like twist lying on the floor help your back to stay flexible. Same with some pilates moves. So I think that we can agree on the following: doing crazy movements at worst under heavy load aren't healthy. There are lifts which the abs/ trunkresponds to and that should be enough.
                            But trying to strengthen deeper muscles with exercices which demand concentration are a good complement to theheavy stuff can be demanding and make one sensitive for concious movement of the muscles.
                            hopefully I could express what I mean and you see my point???
                            Always eager to learn though

Comment

I see your point and I'm with you in some cases. I also do think that there're a lot of dull things around (bosu etc) but I do think that there are some good things about doing "functional" stuff. Quite a lot of functional exercises derive from yoga e.g. There're certain movements (if carefully done) like twist lying on the floor help your back to stay flexible. Same with some pilates moves. So I think that we can agree on the following: doing crazy movements at worst under heavy load aren't healthy. There are lifts which the abs/ trunkresponds to and that should be enough.
                              But trying to strengthen deeper muscles with exercices which demand concentration are a good complement to theheavy stuff can be demanding and make one sensitive for concious movement of the muscles.
                              hopefully I could express what I mean and you see my point???
                              Always eager to learn though
                              Totally. Keeping supple.........great, twisting with loads........asking for trouble.

Comment

• That's brilliant poetry
                                and I did a feldenkrais class two years ago. Great stuff to do (daily apple page article). Never felt that "standing on both feet" before. It was an experience I don't want to miss. Think that can support heavy lifting because it makes you reflecting your movements and weaker parts of your body...any disbalances? - you will feel them.
                                Last edited by gergirl; 01-17-2014, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X