Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did handstand and bridge work this morning, and just went to a Krav Maga intro class. Good day all in all

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Yeah, I really can't kick myself for getting 3 relatively clean reps with a heavier weight than I've ever had on my back before in my life.

      Your squats are getting silly strong. Hard to believe you're upset about only managing 3 sets of 5 @ 375.

      I would also suggest you forget the Tabata protocol in favor of the Wingate protocol for bike sprints. It still sucks, but the suck is slightly more spread out.
      Yeah. Wingate looks like it will make working at max intensity much more feasible.

      I'm cranky about the squats because I know I've got the reps in me. I've been sleeping like crap for the last couple of weeks (family, relationship and work issues all coming to a head), and I got 10 out of 160 kg last week. If I didn't have em, I wouldn't expect it. The bench results really bear out how badly I lifted on Monday.

      Man, that Contreras stuff is cool, though. Might make unloaded hip thrusters part of my warm up routine and maybe scale em up from there.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Reventon View Post
        Yeah. Wingate looks like it will make working at max intensity much more feasible.

        I'm cranky about the squats because I know I've got the reps in me. I've been sleeping like crap for the last couple of weeks (family, relationship and work issues all coming to a head), and I got 10 out of 160 kg last week. If I didn't have em, I wouldn't expect it. The bench results really bear out how badly I lifted on Monday.

        Man, that Contreras stuff is cool, though. Might make unloaded hip thrusters part of my warm up routine and maybe scale em up from there.
        Well, I know that for me a crap day often precedes a day full of PR's and surpassing my own expectations. Hope it works out that way for you.

        Let me know how you make out with the hip thrusters. In the absence of a GHD, it's definitely on my list of assistance exercises to cycle in to keep my squats/deadlifts moving upwards.
        The Champagne of Beards

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Well, I know that for me a crap day often precedes a day full of PR's and surpassing my own expectations. Hope it works out that way for you.

          Let me know how you make out with the hip thrusters. In the absence of a GHD, it's definitely on my list of assistance exercises to cycle in to keep my squats/deadlifts moving upwards.
          Hope so. Gonna take the rest of this week a bit easier I think. I've said that a few times now and then gotten psyched once I've actually been in the gym and worked like a beast, but I can feel I'm hitting my physical limits now. Grinding through and mentally muscling it out is probably going to hurt me without any real result.

          Comment


          • I run 10k, its a slow jog and im feeling great that i burn more calories and sweat more.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Reventon View Post
              Hope so. Gonna take the rest of this week a bit easier I think. I've said that a few times now and then gotten psyched once I've actually been in the gym and worked like a beast, but I can feel I'm hitting my physical limits now. Grinding through and mentally muscling it out is probably going to hurt me without any real result.
              You're not hitting your limits. You're just getting to the point where the gains don't come so easily. Definitely take a deload and come back feeling fresh. You have a ton more progress in you, but you've picked all the "low-hanging fruit" so to speak.
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • Knees are acting a bit funky. Dunno if I should blame the smith machine or not. Gonna ditch it till they get the squat rack in a week or two though. So "heavy" goblet squats and whatever I can clean (not much, since racking it wrecks my wrists) to front squat for now.

                Two sets of:
                Turkis getup 35lbs
                Goblet squat 70x10
                OHP dumbells 45'sx5
                Chins 35x5
                Summo deadlift 205x5
                Farmers walk 85's x 2 laps round fearful cardio bunnies
                50 KB swings.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  You're not hitting your limits. You're just getting to the point where the gains don't come so easily. Definitely take a deload and come back feeling fresh. You have a ton more progress in you, but you've picked all the "low-hanging fruit" so to speak.
                  That's very true, and point taken. What I meant about hitting my limits is I'm super low on sleep this week, my nutrition has been decidedly average and as a result, a lot of little niggles and old quirks are playing up (left knee, couple of tendons near my left elbow, neck and traps have been sore and tight as hell). Between that and some general life stress I just can't work at my peak. So less being at the limit of what I can physically achieve so much as out of steam and finding it difficult to focus.

                  I'll deload, stir some concrete into my coffee, drink it and harden the f**k up. Enough whining like a bitch.

                  Comment


                  • I chopped wood for 3 hours, built a horse paddock out of oak pieces that seemed to weigh about 70lbs, dug a pig trough in near-frozen ground, and chased my horse around my field for a half hour trying to give her meds. (For those unawares, horses are faster than humans). Tried to really take advantage of this "January Thaw" before the winter puts his foot down again

                    Tomorrow is back to work and the gym. Something tells me it will be a light day
                    "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

                    Comment


                    • Legs/Shoulders:

                      Stiff legged deadlifts: 250lbs x 5
                      Leg Press : 430- Rest/pause- 2,2,2,2,2,2
                      Leg Press : Slow with negative emphasis- 180 x 9
                      Sissy squats: BW x 1 set

                      Seated calf raise x 1 set
                      Calf raise on leg press x 1 set

                      DB side laterals- 22.5's x 1 set
                      Cable laterals- 1 set
                      Machine press- 160lbs -Rest/pause x 1 set
                      Cable laterals x 1 set

                      Comment


                      • Hill programm on stationary bike (15 min, intense) warm up and cool down for 5 min each on the treadmill.
                        squats and lunges with weight afterwards (butt and quads were burning), stretching. Came and left the gym within about an hour. I'm heading to reducce the time working out and let it be more intense.
                        Next time I'll change the order. Do you combine strengs and HIIT - if, how?

                        Comment


                        • I'm coming to the realization that I'm on a pre-hab program . Really reping it out with the basic human movements. The frequency (nearly daily) and low load so you can do it that often, just really helps you groove that neuromuscular pattern. I'm cool with that for now. Especially since I've been doing kid of a power bodybuilding routine for a while. Its a nice change up....but I still had to pop the weights up just a bit. This is gettin too easy

                          Gobblet squats 80
                          OHP 55's (dumbells)
                          Chins 45 (dumbell...forgot the weight belt so just holding it with my feet...lol)
                          Deadlift 225

                          Between sets "correctives"... 20 1/4 getups, 20 batwings, 35lb goblet squats, 20 35lb overhed stuff (tricep extension but really to extend my thoracic cage and shoulders).

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by gergirl View Post
                            Full body workout with barbell and dumbbells. Did some extra exercises for the butt, because I want that bodypart to be bigger Any advice to build it up excluding eating
                            Try leg presses with your feet higher up on the platform, also pull down slightly with your feet throughout the movement to throw extra tension towards your leg biceps and glutes.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                              Try leg presses with your feet higher up on the platform, also pull down slightly with your feet throughout the movement to throw extra tension towards your leg biceps and glutes.
                              Uagh.leg press...can already hear my knees screaming. The leg press in my gym isn't really the bomb. Feels like sitting too upright and
                              bruising my back. I really wish I could use a machine for the butt. But I measured the circumference of my butt yesterday- added 2 cm.Will recheck tomorrow and ask the scale if I gained the right mass. Jeans still fit, hoping it's not just fat
                              Thank you OldSchool for your advice. I will check what I ca do about it!

                              Comment


                              • Today was 5/3/1 Press/Deadlifts & Light Squats

                                Light squats:
                                3 x 5 x 250.
                                Didn't feel light at all today. Legs were smoked from earlier in the week.

                                Press:
                                135 x 5
                                150 x 3
                                170 x 1.
                                Too much layback. Time to re-set the press for the sake of my lumbar spine.

                                Deadlift:
                                355 x 5
                                400 x 3
                                450 x 3 (3/2/1-rep PR!)

                                DB OHP:
                                3 x 5 x 50#

                                Dumbbell rows (each hand)
                                50 x 10 / 50 x 20 / 50 x 20
                                Same, but with Fat Gripz:
                                50 x 10/ 50 x 10

                                Dips:
                                0 x 20 / 0 x 20/ 0 x 20
                                Last edited by RichMahogany; 01-16-2014, 06:21 PM.
                                The Champagne of Beards

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X