Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Squat
    360x1
    325x3
    285x5

    Bench Press
    235x1
    210x3
    185x5

    Power Clean
    195x1
    185x2
    165x3

    1005 lb total, yeeeeeaaaaaah buddy!
    Last edited by Jefferson1775; 12-27-2013, 12:14 PM.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

    This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

    Comment


    • 360 squat?! Killer bro. You're gonna leave me in the dust.

      My evening festivities:

      Light squats: 225 x 8 / 255 x 5 / 275 x 3 (playing with a slightly wider stance. Definitely taking some adjusting, but hoping it will fix my tendency to go way below parallel, since I physically can't in this position)
      Press: 120 x 3 / 140 x 3 / 155 x 3 / 120 x 9 (2 reps off my PR at 155. Yuck!)
      Deadlift: 325 x 3 / 370 x 3 / 415 x 5
      Chin-ups: 10/10/10/5/5/5/5
      The Champagne of Beards

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Definitely taking some adjusting, but hoping it will fix my tendency to go way below parallel, since I physically can't in this position)
        Also feels like you have more stability, which is always nice. I'm the other way to you - I tend to prefer standing a bit too wide and have had to push myself to bring my feet closer.

        Man, your deadlifts have just gotten crazy too. Freakin excellent work

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Reventon View Post
          Man, your deadlifts have just gotten crazy too. Freakin excellent work
          Well, I haven't yet pulled 440. But it's coming up next week, I believe. Thanks!
          The Champagne of Beards

          Comment


          • Yeah but bear in mind I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 225-230 (closer to 220 after a post Xmas cut) and pulled 440 for one freaking rep. And was totally spent after it.

            Repping 5x 415, you've got it covered, no problem, and it's extra impressive given that from what I remember your bodyweight is way lower than mine.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Reventon View Post
              Yeah but bear in mind I'm 5'10 and currently weigh 225-230 (closer to 220 after a post Xmas cut) and pulled 440 for one freaking rep. And was totally spent after it.

              Repping 5x 415, you've got it covered, no problem, and it's extra impressive given that from what I remember your bodyweight is way lower than mine.
              Well, thanks for the kind words. I'm a bit smaller than you, but I also have a shorter distance to pull the bar. Unless you compete, the only person you should compare yourself to is you. Just keep setting PR's and you earn the right to hold your head high as far as I'm concerned.

              That being said, 440 is a respectable pull in my eyes no matter what your stats. Far more than 95% of people will never pick up any object that weighs 440 pounds without a jack or forklift.
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Just keep setting PR's and you earn the right to hold your head high as far as I'm concerned.
                Damn straight. The numbers are just signposts. The journey is the important thing.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                  Squat
                  360x1
                  325x3
                  285x1

                  Bench Press
                  235x1
                  210x3
                  185x5

                  Power Clean
                  195x1
                  185x2
                  165x3

                  1005 lb total, yeeeeeaaaaaah buddy!
                  Man I forgot to say also when caught up with other thoughts, very solid numbers. That's a good amount of iron to be chucking about

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                    Man I forgot to say also when caught up with other thoughts, very solid numbers. That's a good amount of iron to be chucking about
                    Thanks . I'll make sure those numbers are bigger this time next year.
                    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

                    This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

                    Comment


                    • Workout of the Week last night:
                      Stupid ab machine 2 min slow under load
                      Leg extension to failure 2 min I think 100#
                      Isometric leg curl contraction 30 sec 50%, 30 sec 75%, 30 sec 100% effort
                      MedEx back machine 200# a little under 2 min
                      Leg press 250# 2 min (up from about 120 in april)
                      lat pulldown 170# 2 min (body weight is 155, up from 100 in april)
                      chest press 100# 2 min (playing with pushing weight up due to plateau)
                      horizontal row 70# 2 min

                      I am totally gassed after this workout (BBS-style, body by science).
                      10/2/12: 169 lbs, 37"waist
                      Now: low 150's, 33" waist
                      Blog: http://paleopathologist.com/

                      Comment


                      • 12/30 5/3/1 day squats/bench

                        Squats: 270 x 5 / 310 x 3 / 345 x 2 (f) / 345 x 2 (f) (yeah, I did it again. Wasn't happy with the 2) new 2- and 1-rep PR.
                        Bench: 180 x 5 / 200 x 3 / 225 x 2 (f) / 180 x 11
                        Power Cleans: 155 x 1 x 7
                        Chin-ups: (drop set: +100 x 1 / + 75 x 3 / +50 x 3 2nd Drop set: +50 x 5 / +25 x 3

                        a.m. bodyweight: 159.4
                        The Champagne of Beards

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                          12/30 5/3/1 day squats/bench

                          Squats: 270 x 5 / 310 x 3 / 345 x 2 (f) / 345 x 2 (f) (yeah, I did it again. Wasn't happy with the 2) new 2- and 1-rep PR.
                          Bench: 180 x 5 / 200 x 3 / 225 x 2 (f) / 180 x 11
                          Power Cleans: 155 x 1 x 7
                          Chin-ups: (drop set: +100 x 1 / + 75 x 3 / +50 x 3 2nd Drop set: +50 x 5 / +25 x 3

                          a.m. bodyweight: 159.4

                          Damn. For your bodyweight that shit is beastly dude.

                          New Years Eve workout, test driving the new belt:

                          Squats: 155 kg x5 (341 lbs), 160 kg (352 lbs) 4x5 (PR)
                          OHP: 70 kgs (154 lbs) 2x5, 1x3 (failure)
                          Bench: 80 kgs (176 lbs) 3x10
                          Deadlifts: 160 kg (341 lbs) x 5, 180 kg (396 lbs) x2 (failure)

                          Was really disappointed with my deadlifts. My upper back spasmed on my second deadlift warm up set... My lower back has done that to me before, but this was new. I pushed through it, but I just wasn't at my best. Really pissed me off.

                          The squats I'm very pleased about, though. This is 20 lbs over my old 5RM. The OHP is also a PR but I'm really pissed I didn't hit 3x5.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                            Damn. For your bodyweight that shit is beastly dude.

                            New Years Eve workout, test driving the new belt:

                            Squats: 155 kg x5 (341 lbs), 160 kg (352 lbs) 4x5 (PR)
                            OHP: 70 kgs (154 lbs) 2x5, 1x3 (failure)
                            Bench: 80 kgs (176 lbs) 3x10
                            Deadlifts: 160 kg (341 lbs) x 5, 180 kg (396 lbs) x2 (failure)

                            Was really disappointed with my deadlifts. My upper back spasmed on my second deadlift warm up set... My lower back has done that to me before, but this was new. I pushed through it, but I just wasn't at my best. Really pissed me off.

                            The squats I'm very pleased about, though. This is 20 lbs over my old 5RM. The OHP is also a PR but I'm really pissed I didn't hit 3x5.
                            Well, I've squatted 335 and benched 215 for 5, so this was not my best performance, but thanks for the words of encouragement. Your lifts are coming along very nicely. A 20-pound PR on squats is just ridiculous. We should race to a 405 squat and 500 deadlift. I'll lose, but it will motivate me.
                            The Champagne of Beards

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Well, I've squatted 335 and benched 215 for 5, so this was not my best performance, but thanks for the words of encouragement. Your lifts are coming along very nicely. A 20-pound PR on squats is just ridiculous. We should race to a 405 squat and 500 deadlift. I'll lose, but it will motivate me.
                              I'm down for it. And you're a good shot at the deadlifts especially. Squats, currently between form and confidence, I'm just in a good place there. My back has been rather tight and painful following training, so I think a 1-2 week forced deload is coming up, followed by some progressive reloading to get my feet wet again. It's nothing major as my lower back has tweaked like this a couple of times, but will slow me up a bit.

                              Comment


                              • Mine tonight was working on my house. I'm remodeling an old house and the current project is digging out the crawl space. Luckily I'm doing it while there are no floors! So 2 hours of swinging the pick ax, shoveling up the dirt, and carrying out the two 5 gallon buckets full of dirt. Pick, shovel, carry, repeat. Yea!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X